Writers' Corner #12

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #12

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 723 total)
  • Author
    Ingrid
    @ingridrd
      • Total Posts: 830

@aislinn-mollisong  It’s called Substitute.  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Aislinn Mollisong
      @aislinn-mollisong
        • Total Posts: 445

@ingridrd Sounds awesome! What genre is it? can you give me a tiny synopsis? (I love hearing about KeePer books. 😉 )

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
        https://forums.theaetherli

Ingrid
        @ingridrd

@aislinn-mollisong
            It’s fantasy.  Sure thing (I’ll give you the long synopsis…)!

Jaclyn Fallows’ world has a history of turning upside down.

Like when she was suddenly able to create a small blue flame in the palm of her hand on her eighth birthday.  Or when she started having the same dream about the sister who vanished without a trace a year ago.

But now, at fifteen, Jaclyn is in for the biggest change of her life.  A mysterious stranger from a different universe offers her a place to call home.  His kindness is too tempting to resist, especially when Jaclyn learns of the hidden city where she might find her sister.  Jaclyn is full of hope until she learns of a horrifying legend and the consequences everyone will face if she chooses not to accept her fate.

Will she risk leaving behind the life she has always known and accept her destiny—or condemn our world to destruction?

Aislinn Mollisong
          @aislinn-mollisong
            • Total Posts: 445

@ingridrd THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
            https://forums.theaetherli

Ingrid
            @ingridrd

@aislinn-mollisong  *bows with a flourish*  Why thank you.  😉

Joy
              @dekreel
                • Total Posts: 2304

@ingridrd  @aislinn-mollisong  @dragon-snapper  @anyone

I’m seeing what I can do with the KPA if anyone wants to join. Unless you’re in school…

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 103

@dekreel Hey!!! I’m thinking up another blog post, which is proving much harder than one would expect.

Joy
                  @dekreel

@radically-surrendered  Hello!! Glad you could join me! 😉

I’m excited about your new blog! I have it bookmarked

Anonymous

@dekreel I’m so glad you like it! And that you’ve bookmarked it… I am truly humbled *takes dramatic bow*

Joy
                      @dekreel

@radically-surrendered  *unsure of what to say* Um… You’re welcome! 😀

So I have heard rumors that you like music. I like it, too! What’s your favorite genre? Song? Instrument?

I like instrumental a LOT, and I have no idea what my favorite song is. My favorite LYRICAL song is “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. And my two favorite instruments are piano and cajon

Anonymous

@dekreel Was I that obvious?

Okay, well, I like a lot of music… different genres too… but my favorite right now would have to be… well, I don’t know what it’s called, but its accoustic music with singing… like Galkin Evangelistic Team. But I also really like comical songs, like Adler Davidson, and Veggie Tale’s silly songs. Lauren Daigle, for King and Country, and TobyMac are some of the artists I like… so yeah, I enjoy a lot of different styles of music. Sorta like my writing XD My favorite lyrical song is “Mercy Tree” by Galkin Evangelist Team, and I have no clue what my favorite instrumental is…

As for favorite instruments, I play the piano, love the violin, and reeeaaaaly want to learn cello.

Joy
                          @dekreel

@radically-surrendered  I dunno, I just kind of picked it up *shrug*

TobyMac! *high five* He my favorite artist next to Hollyn and Swtchfoot!

I get Veggie Tales songs stuck in my head. It’s really annoying XP

Do you like soundtracks? My favorite soundtrack is called You, Me & Gravity. It’s for the new game Planet Coaster (which is a LOT like Roller Coaster Tycoon, except fancier). It’s AMAZING.

Anonymous

@dekreel yeah, I usually ask that question XD

*high-fives back*

I know, right?!?! They’re super fun, but they stay in your head forever, and pop up at the worst times XD

I’v only listened to one soundtrack, which was the soundtrack for the 2005 Pride and Prejudice… i did find a lot of really beautiful instrumental music through that though, in the recommended section. I’m gonna have to check yours out, though 😉

Joy
                              @dekreel

@radically-surrendered  … Just how many P&P movies are there?! It’s confusing me! XD

What’s your favorite TobyMac song? Mine is “Undeniable.” There was one time when that song made me cry. It’s SO good! X’)

You know what’s funny about TobyMac? Every time he publishes an album, it’s better than the last one. His first solo album, Momentum, didn’t appeal to me. It was just WAY too cheesy. The next one, Welcome to Diverse City was a little better, but still pretty cheesy. Portable Sounds was also cheesy, but not as cheesy as the last! I liked it. Tonight was a downright upgrade. It was more rock-like and had a clear beat. Then it kind of grew into Eye On It and This is not a Test! Even so, I love how even nowadays he still keeps a little bit of that cheesiness. It’s what make his music so trademark and unique.

And that’s my TobyMac rave 😛

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Joy.

Anonymous

@dekreel I’d have to say my favorite is ‘Till the Day I Die’. I have WAY less knowledge about any of my favorite artists than you do about one!!! And yes, his music is just a little cheesy, and certain lyrics are downright cliche, but sometimes thats okay ;P

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 723 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >