@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine You mentioned the Klingon language, so I thought you might be interested in this 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Welcome to the bestest place in Cyberspace!!
I like your tag and profile picture!
So you’re a Star Wars fan! I like Star Wars, too, although I haven’t watched it in a long time. I have seen the new one though. And like @daeus and @that_writer_girl_99 , I also take fancy to Kylo X)
What are your favorite books, movies, and/or TV shows?
-
Joy replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young WELCOME TO THE BESTEST PLACE IN CYBERSPACE!!
( @seekjustice @sam-kowal Well, nobody else can say that except me. Mwehehehhhh… 😎 )
I’m homeschooled, too! Like Josiah, I have been homeschooled since Kindergarten.
I love your profile picture! Did you draw it? I like drawing…
Favorite book, movie, TV show?
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@nicolerivers03 I’m just going to pop in and say…
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT DRAWING OF DAVID TENNANT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!”
Okay, I’m done X)
Unfortunately I’ll be busy, so…. yeah
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter She’s great! I really like the hair. 🙂 And the somber expression is rather fitting… Thank you so much!
By the way, anyone else who wants to try their hand at drawing Darcy is welcome to do so. I love receiving multiple pictures of the same character – it helps me see her in different ways.
And thanks again to the two who’ve…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I’ve used words from other languages a couple of times as names. I think @skredder actually got her(?) username by searching for the meaning of her name in another language. I like the ones you chose. I really dislike the Spanish name Dolores which means something like “Tears of the Virgin Mary” but your twist to the original in La…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Oh, if you want to have specific guidelines, most girls names will end in vowels, and most boys in consonants. (This is not a strict rule, but like the “i before e” rule – lots of exceptions.) 🙂
-
Ingrid and
Kaya Young are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Well, I have a little side hobby of studying language. Not, you know, parts of speech or anything, but sounds, and – um – I don’t really know how to describe it. Like, for example, you can make a name sound like it came from the Saxon era in England if you use “ae,” “th,” “dl,” or a couple of other common combinations of letters in n…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Hey! I had to leave for a little bit, but I’m back now. I’m so glad you got most of your words back. And I get distracted way too easily also… 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd How’s it going? I wrote about 300 words which ended up a little bit like what I had originally written, but now I’ve switched to editing another short story. (I get distracted easily.)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I need help… my character is too withdrawn in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@Bella-D it would appear I have been summoned. Thank you @daeus. 🙂
Let me see… there are a number of potential answers to this question. The one that ended up being the answer for me isn’t so much about changing the side of the character that is reserved, brooding, and unresponsive, but about developing a second side to balance it— the one…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Well, that’s an excellent start at least. Hopefully you’ll learn to like him in the next movie.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks! As you probably know by now, I took a look at the doc. It actually helped a lot as an explanation of what I need to fix.
I definitely can’t use your examples – because his voice totally changes in them from my version of his voice. 🙂 But I consider that a good thing because otherwise I’d feel like you had written it in…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine OH NO!!! That is awful. Losing something you’ve written is horrible. Hopefully you can remember most of it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Last night I lost about 500 words of a short story when my computer failed. 🙁 For some reason it didn’t even autosave. So now I’m trying to remember what I had written and re-write it.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I am mostly brainstorming for my WIP (which I just finished the first draft of)…just trying to figure some plot holes out and such. 🙂
-
Ingrid and
Rochellaine are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Hello yourself. What type of world-building?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Hello, hello. 😉
- Load More
