@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Let’s see…
rev·o·lu·tion
ˌrevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
1. a forcible overthrow of a government or social order in favor of a new system.I guess that means we’re revolting against King @daeus … I’ve heard he has dragons, though, so we should probably keep it a secret. 😀
Maybe I’ll watch some of the shows you suggested and see if I lik…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Finally finished that post. It was really hard, because I’ve never written a synopsis for this particular book before, and I don’t usually figure out the entire plot before I write, but just a general idea. But anyway, it’s there, so if you’d like to see about it, go ahead. 🙂
(I do actually have more plans than what I wrote in th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine started the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
This doesn’t have a name yet, but it is supposed to be a contemporary novel set in the American West with a plot similar to the old Westerns. This is not a book blurb, just an explanation of what it’s about.
Chara (Sh-ah-ra) Doran visits her uncle and aunt in Nevada. She is a five-foot-tall nineteen-year-old who is self-conscious about her s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hi, thanks for your comments. (I’m assuming it was you.)
I’m planning on editing and finishing the story hopefully in a few days or a week, and then I’ll post the completed version here – I guess for more critique. 🙂
So thanks everyone, and I’ll talk to you about the story in another little while.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Yes. . . More INTJs. . .we are gathering strength. . .soon the revolution will begin. . . .
*a deep, throaty chuckle echoes through the room, slowly crescendoing into an evil laugh*
😀 Anyways. . .
Anime, eh? I can’t say whether I enjoy it or not mostly because I haven’t really seen it much. My experience is limited to My Neighbor Tot…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I have only recently been introduced to character charts, and have only ever done one…but it was fun – and a lot of work. 🙂
I am about to be done now, but I think I’ll post my Contemporary Western in Novel Critiques first. (Can’t stay up too late tonight, because tomorrow’s Sunday.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I totally understand the “I’m not really part of the conversation until my mom mentions I write books” thing. 🙂 I can hear those words from across the house.  Because it’s so common I don’t have as much trouble answering as I used to, though.
Okay, something that my family did because I’m a writer which no one else would do.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia The Doctor (Who-fanfic! ;P ) would rather be on the run with an ally she can’t stand. She loves that 😛
@perfectfifths Ohh, that’s a tough one… Maybe, ooh, never have a birthday again
@aviantrail Bugs. It’s an experience
@catwing She already travels all over the future and past, but if she had to pick… Oooooooooooooh…… If she…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@his-instrument Quoting from my email updates since your post disappeared…
Those are some good names…
Piper is cute, probably my favorite. The only thing is, I think Piper is a character in the Percy Jackson series (though I haven’t read it). Not sure how much popularity that series has right now, or what your goal is for this project, so it m…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, I’m writing for a while. Anyone want to join me?
@seekjustice is usually here around this time, or anyone else?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Thank you! @mariposa Lol, the plot doesn’t really involve bacon, although “long live bacon” is the king of random thing Rori would love. *lowers voice* It’s still a weird plot. Talking plants and such. Weird. 😀 @catwing *whispers* Glad I’m not the only one with a favorite. 😉 *glancing furtively around at my other characters*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@lightningmouse I love vigilantes, so it sounds really interesting to me. (I also love the name Rafe, but that is kind of irrelevant.) 🙂
The synopsis is a little long to put on the back of a book, though I have seen some pretty long book-back synopses. I can’t tell you about saying the same thing in fewer words because I have the tendency to u…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@lightningmouse Mm-HMM 😀
What genre is it? The title sounds like fantasy, but the synopsis sounds like modern or something…
-
Joy replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heheh, that’s funny 😀
That’s a good idea!
Okay, this isn’t exactly as funny as yours, but one time I was talking to my aunt about writing, using terms like plotting, themes and character arcs. I didn’t know, until she asked, that she had no idea what a “character arc” was. I had assumed everyone knew the answer XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy FINALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN STUDIO GHIBLI!!
Which ones have you seen? I have seen Spirited Away, Totoro, Ponyo, Laputa, The Cat Returns, Porco Rosso, From Up on Poppy Hill, Nausicaa, Kiki’s Delivery Service, The Wind Rises, and Arrietty. Laputa is my favorite.
What’s your favorite part of Spirited Away? I can’t pick a favorite part
-
Joy replied to the topic Little sentence at bottom of posts…….? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Go to your profile page
Click the button under your picture that says “Profile”

Click the “Edit” button

There is a box there that says “Forum Signature.”

Type your message there 🙂 (Can only be 100 or so characters long)
-
Joy replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi, @lightningmouse! I’m glad you’re back! I’m always glad when a long-gone Kapeefer finds his/her way back here 😀
Sounds interesting! So does Rafe want to start a revolution against the government? Is he a part of the government?
I think I would read it 🙂
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Ooohh… Cool. Are they trainable? 😁 (It’s fine if they aren’t)
@Dragon-snapper Ahhhhh… That quote. XD
@daughteroftheking *whispers* Yeah I have my favorite too. I like hiding her in my other stories, while I wait to write her’s. *cough* Cori looks cool.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Kay would never have her birthday again. (She thinks that in theory she would age then, thus giving her move time to search. And she would feel sorry for the groundhog having to poke out of his hole in the morning only to be stared at until he looked at his shadow or not.)
@aviantrail Kay would go for the porridge. She may be…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Well, I’ve been known to do pretty much everything “manically” at some point. ;P It’s a safe guess to say I’ve waved manically once or twice. Or thrice.
- Load More
