Hello everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    NC Stokes
    @daughteroftheking
      • Total Posts: 1156

Greetings, @valtmy ! Welcome to the Kapeefer side! (Kapeefer is our unofficial nickname for ourselves, inspired by this video

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

ClaireC
      @clairec
        • Total Posts: 628

Welcome, @valtmy! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. Sounds like you’ve done a bit of traveling. Where else have you lived?

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

Hey there @valtmy! Welcome to KP!

Half of this thread is everyone discussing their favorite anime and I’m in love…

I don’t watch much anime, mostly cause I don’t know any good ones. Any favorites?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Josiah DeGraaf
          @aratrea
            • Total Posts: 717

@valtmy Ah; nice. Now that you mention it, I did see the first two(?) seasons of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Not familiar with the others but may need to check them out when I have time!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@valtmy WELCOME!!! I know you’re gonna love it here! 😊

I like reading and listening to music too. What are your favorite books/authors? Favorite music to listen to? My brother likes to watch anime too; which ones do you watch? I don’t watch anime myself, but I’ve always loved the manga style art. If you’re interested in art, I actually have a post about it. Here’s the link https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/any-manga-style-artists-out-there/#post-60944

So glad you decided to write! My reasons for writing are similar to yours. We need more quality material, especially for the YA genre.👍

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

valtmy
              @valtmy
                • Total Posts: 732

@mnvalentine

Instrumentals. Scores and soundtracks from films and musicals mostly.

@alia

I usually watch romantic comedies and fusion sagueks. So Korean dramas like Princess Hours, Sungkyunkwan Scandal etc.

Aww… There’s no need to be afraid of us INTJs! We are like cacti; intimidating, tough and resilient on the outside but actually being very vulnerable in needing specific conditions to thrive (i.e. lots of love).

Singapore’s culture? Well, it’s a multicultural society so there is a rich tapestry of culture and history here… which is sadly being eroded in the name of progress.

@dekreel

Yes, I heard of Studio Ghibli! Spirited Away will always have a special place in my heart.

As for a favourite book/TV show… Please don’t make me choose though if I must… Avatar: The Last Airbender (I am determined to ignore Legend of Korra). Because it’s my childhood, has aged well even afterwards and still remains as a masterpiece in storytelling.

valtmy
                @valtmy

@emma-flournoy

Yes, I think there is something about writing and the joy of creation that draws certain personality types more than others!

@notawriter

Glad you like my story idea! My imagination tends to go towards the crazy when giving me ideas. I guess I just wanted to write a strong female protagonist without it becoming a typical “I can fight better than you” thing. And the idea of my heroes and villains worrying about PR like real life politicians seemed amusing to me. 🙂

@daughteroftheking

Oh yes, I watched that video before. It was hilarious! *accidentally revealing just how long I have been creeping around the site before actually joining the forum*

@clairec

Hi! I have travelled to lots of places (China, Europe, Australia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam…) for vacations but did not properly live anywhere else other than Singapore and London.

@that_writer_girl_99

Well, if you have the same teenage boy taste that I do, I would recommend those that I mentioned in my earlier post. I singled them out specifically because of their good storytelling. My Hero Academia, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, HunterxHunter, Haikyuu, Psycho-Pass…

Joy
                  @dekreel
                    • Total Posts: 2304

@valtmy FINALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN STUDIO GHIBLI!!

Which ones have you seen? I have seen Spirited Away, Totoro, Ponyo, Laputa, The Cat Returns, Porco Rosso, From Up on Poppy Hill, Nausicaa, Kiki’s Delivery Service, The Wind Rises, and Arrietty. Laputa is my favorite.

What’s your favorite part of Spirited Away? I can’t pick a favorite part

You can pronounce it however you want.

Alia
                    @alia
                      • Total Posts: 1253

@valtmy,

do you watch any of the historical ones? My favorite is Dae Janguem. its a romance about the first woman doctor to the king.

I’m not scared of you, just don’t think its safe to have two power hungry manipulative planners in close proximity. likely as not you’ll leave us all alone, but on the off chance that you two start a revolution and conquer us all, I don’t want any blame for not warning people.

I can understand the multicultural society. My family lived in old Korea. China annexed it a while back  but there was still a strong Korean influence. It is sad that people assume modern equals better.

WIP - Decisions
                      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Grace H.
                      @gh24682468999
                        • Total Posts: 199

@valtmy Yes! The food here is amazing. I enjoy Lewis and Austen’s books as well, and am an INFJ. Nice to meet you!

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                        literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

valtmy
                        @valtmy

@aratrea

I love JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure because of its fast pace, crazy awesomeness and very unique tone! Yes, you should check out the others if you have the time. I specifically mentioned those few because of their stellar storytelling in the sea of subpar anime. 🙂

@jenwriter17

Great to know there are other writers who have similar motivations! My favourite authors are Lewis, Austen and Pratchett and I like listening to instrumental pieces from scores and soundtracks that help me get into certain moods for different things that I do. I tend to watch anime that are catered to young boys (the shounen genre) though I have to be selective because of the poor and inconsistent quality of a lot of them. I mentioned a few of my favourites in my earlier posts: My Hero Academia, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, HunterxHunter, Haikyuu, Psycho-Pass…

Unfortunately, I don’t have any talent for drawing. I could be creating my story as a webcartoon otherwise.

Ben Powell
                          @supermonkey42
                            • Total Posts: 273

@valtmy

Yes. . . More INTJs. . .we are gathering strength. . .soon the revolution will begin. . . .

*a deep, throaty chuckle echoes through the room, slowly crescendoing into an evil laugh*

😀 Anyways. . .

Anime, eh? I can’t say whether I enjoy it or not mostly because I haven’t really seen it much. My experience is limited to My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away, if those even count.

And, to repeat the many kind people who preceded me in introducing themselves…

Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet!

A Kapeefer for life!
                            Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

valtmy
                            @valtmy

@dekreel

Haha is it that hard to find people who have watched Studio Ghibli? I would consider them to be a very famous animation studio.

I have seen Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl’s Moving Castle, Laputa, Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Nausicaa, Whisper of the Heart and Tale of Princess Kaguya. I like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke the best.

Yes, it is very difficult to choose a favourite part of Spirited Away. Every moment of that film is beauty. I shall be cliche and say my favourite is when Chihiro and Haku were flying in the sky.

@alia

Ah, Dae Jang Geum. That show was one of the frontrunners of the Korean wave. I watched that show when I was little with my mother and sister. But was it about a romance between her and the king? I thought the romance was between her and that guard captain guy. He was the one that helped her along in the story and they got married in the end right?

Oh, I cannot speak for your sister but you don’t need to worry about me starting a revolution or a conquest. There are no such plans at the moment.

Yes the loss of culture and history is lamentable. But for Singapore, I cannot fault the people or the government for the push towards progress and modernization. Though Singapore had a dramatic rise on the world stage, it is still a small and resource poor country that needs every advantage and advancement it can get.

@gh24682468999

Nice to meet you too! Yes, I love the food in Taiwan. You’re making me want to go back there for another holiday. 🙂

valtmy
                              @valtmy

@supermonkey42

Nice to meet a fellow INTJ! Lol what is this revolution even about?

Well anime refers to animated series that are made in Japan which are often based off manga or light novels. Totoro and Spirited Away are Japanese animated works so maybe they count? I am not sure if they are disqualified just because they are films.

I suppose anime is not everyone’s cup of tea. I personally like animation because it allows creators to portray things that are impossible, expensive or would just look plain cheesy in a live-action show.

Ben Powell
                                @supermonkey42
                                  • Total Posts: 273

@valtmy

Let’s see…

rev·o·lu·tion
                                  ˌrevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
                                  noun
                                  1. a forcible overthrow of a government or social order in favor of a new system.

I guess that means we’re revolting against King @daeus … I’ve heard he has dragons, though, so we should probably keep it a secret. 😀

Maybe I’ll watch some of the shows you suggested and see if I like them. Worth a shot.

A Kapeefer for life!
                                  Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >