@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I put a link to the Wikipedia article in my previous post. Redshirts on Star Trek became so famous that they became a trope. To be a redshirt means that you are brought onto the show for the sole purpose of dying. 🙂 Basically. Read the article Here.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hahaha! 😀 But sometimes I don’t like it, because I have such a fearful imagination that if the character gets hurt, if I am paying enough attention to the story that part of my body will actually start to hurt. I have several times had to stop reading to rub my “stubbed” toe or pinch the bridge of my nose to cure my “headache”.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 *hands you a handkerchief* Thank you! I feel so sorry for @seekjustice‘s characters. I believe to be a character in Seekjustice’s book promises about as sure a death as to be a RedShirt on Star Trek, TOS. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Those are great suggestions! I really like the thought that some people might get irritated with her needing them to be with her all the time.
Her aunt and uncle actually don’t live on a ranch. They live in a house in the middle of the city. (Las Vegas). They are medium strong Christians, and very laid-back. They either don’t have chi…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone! I have a children’s picture book I’m planning to publish around the end of this month or the beginning of next month. (I am currently working with an illustrator.) But though the story is complete, I didn’t pick a name for the protagonist, and I think it would be a smoother read if he had a name.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 You know you’re a bookworm when you get so engrossed in a book that when a character shrugs, you shrug, and when a character bangs his head, you get a headache.
You know you’re a bookworm if when you were twelve if you were reading your mom had to physically shake you before you could hear her talking. (I trained myself out of that…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes, or a book. My quote is from a popular girls book written about a Canadian island circa 1900…Does that give anyone clues?
@kaya-young That sounds like it came from a movie – but then, I really only watch classic movies, so how would I know? 😀 Is it from Disney?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m so glad you liked it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Hi! Welcome! You write realistic fiction?!! That’s wonderful! So do I, almost exclusively, but I’ve rarely met anyone else who does. Fantasy seems to be in style. 🙂
Do you write historical or contemporary? I do a little of both, but mostly contemporary.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston WELCOME TO THE BESTISTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!
Yo. I won the game for once. 😉
Ooh, realistic fiction. Do you have a current WIP?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Okay, that makes sense, but would the scene have to be before the airport scene, or could it be later in the book as Chara remembers it happening?
There should be a pretty stressful scene in a few pages and I’m planning to have her unable to take care of it until someone helps her. This should show her at the bottom of her self-reliance…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Hooray! My brother quotes that movie a lot. 🙂
@dekreel I didn’t notice the second quote the first time. The word “dynamic” makes me think of the dynamic duo (Batman and Robin) but it is highly unlikely you would use a quote from the 1960s here, so I’m sure that has nothing to do with it. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Whoops! Double post. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I like the “Rome was not built in a day” quote. It helps remind us that though writing isn’t always easy, by keeping at it we may come up with something grand. 🙂
@daughteroftheking Cool description!
Here’s a quote by one of my favorite authors – Carolyn Wells.
“A critic is a necessary evil, and criticism is an evil…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I like the “Rome was not built in a day” quote. It helps remind us that though writing isn’t always easy, by keeping at it we can come up with something grand. 🙂
@daughteroftheking Cool description!
Here’s a quote by one of my favorite authors – Carolyn Wells.
“A critic is a necessary evil, and criticism is an evil…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
My post keeps getting deleted. I hope it stays here this time 🙂 Sorry if it keeps sending you emails with the same post, but it just won’t show up on the forum.
@seekjustice For some reason I decided to write this today. It was originally supposed to be semi-funny like the quote I showed you last night, but it ended up – well, like it is. :)…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you so much! Looking it up right now…
Okay, bye! Have fun! (But sometimes it’s fun to be antisocial! 🙂 If you get to write instead.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice The only things I have done with guy characters before was I gave one of them an anger problem which I didn’t fully develop because he was taking care of his sister for most of the book and didn’t have time to be angry himself, and the other guy was just thoughtless about the feelings of others for a little while when he was enjoying himself.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Well, there are worse things to be known for. 😀
How do you make a guy character? I’m having trouble with Derek because I know people will get annoyed if he’s perfect, and he actually isn’t because I’m planning for him to have a big argument with someone sometime in the book – though the argument isn’t entirely his fault – but to m…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice You have chosen wisely.
But you do such a good job killing your characters that if you did end up doing so, I would probably be cry for a really long time (which I did while reading Stars Fill Infinity) and then give up and say, “Yeah, it’s probably better that way.”
- Load More
