@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder There are a couple places where it’s better, but there’s still quite a bit of “head-hopping” going on. Sorry. 🙂 Would you be able to post it in an “edit” link so that I could comment on the places where it changes POV? That would be a lot easier than trying to explain it all here on the forum.
Oh, I just want to say that reading ab…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Thanks everyone!
You may be wondering what my goal was with this. I had a theory that most writers like you want to make an impact (you seem to agree), but that at the same time they fear being a professional author will be too hard for them and so they don’t treat themselves completely seriously. I didn’t phrase the question for that one…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g No big brothers? Aww. I’ve got three, and my oldest brother is just as protective and caring as Dev! Do you have any siblings at all?
I felt really cheated at the end of the fifth book when we didn’t get the scene where Tully told Mikkel he actually wasn’t marrying Bree. Mikkel must have been so relieved!
I liked the twins pre…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Absolutely. One of my goals is to become published. And I am vigorously trying to get contracted before college.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
…Oh, I see why you didn’t tag me. It’s because I said it wasn’t the most important thing to me, and so the second question doesn’t really apply. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye I actually like the lighter side of The Flash – reason for why I don’t like the third season. 😀 But I’ve heard of at least two evil speedsters doing the hand-vibration-murder thing. What I like about The Flash is the swagger of the hero, the closeness of the team, and the jokes and “right is might” message.
I like a lot of the old…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine No, I appreciated your answer.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Did I answer wrong? 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g Ohhh, you read The Boy Colonel?!! It’s wonderful! Do you really like Nobody better than Edmund? I don’t know which one I like better, except you get to know Nobody better since he’s the protagonist.
I re-read the Viking Quest series all the time. I feel so sorry for Mikkel when Dev tells him to stay away from Bree. 🙁 Beca…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 By “sold out” I don’t mean that you’re crazy about it, but you’re at least determined.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus well, sold out on doing my best to do that, yes.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @princessfoo @skredder @mnvalentine @jenwriter17 @dragon-snapper @kaya-young @kate-flournoy @daughteroftheking
Okay, let me put this a different way. Would you say you want to reach thousands of readers with your books or are you sold out on doing so?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Tricky question. I don’t plan to write for a living, if that’s what you mean. But, I do plan to publish something, when I’m older.
If I may ask this of the king, why do you have an army of turtles?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus YES.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @princessfoo @skredder @mnvalentine @jenwriter17 @dragon-snapper @kaya-young @kate-flournoy @daughteroftheking
Okay, second question: do you plan to become an established author?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye I know, right? The infinite book lists that we all possess… 🙂
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Oops. @daeus
Seeeeee above^^
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@deaus *raises hand* *jumps up and down a little* That’s why I want to be published! With the depressing amount of “fluff” books in the YA section at my library, I think more books with a real positive messages would be great. Really, teens are less “edgy” and “angst-y,” and more hungry for positive messages in their lives. I don’t think I would…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye My dad read the LOTR series out loud to my siblings and me when we were younger and then I read The Fellowship of the Ring on my own. They. Are. Amazing. Definitely worth it.
And usually I’d say not to judge a book by its movie (because sometimes the movie is bad and the book rocks) but in this case the movies do the books just…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Read the rest of the books!!!!! NOW.
- Load More
