@rae
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
freedom replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper I love that!!! <3
ACK
HEY!!!
how dare you.
ok, fine.
another bit of a scene for Book #3 (almost 200 words😜)
A door slammed open.
“You are either insanely brave or hilariously stupid, Herr Wagner. But given your insolence, I suppose I can see what information I may yet gather out of you. Fisher, return L…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Awesome. I’ll start digging this evening.
Right off the top of my head I know that WWI and the reformed American patent system both majorly contributed to technology, which changed the face of entertainment for the 1900’s. I’ll try to find where I know that from.
Archeology, that dear little side dream. I started getting interest…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Hey she also has resources at the bottom of the page, niiiice.
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Aw, I love her zeal for hair styling. That’s really cool. I would try doing what she did myself, but I actually have a short bob.
-
freedom replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle (*hands you tissues*) @liberty
YESSS I WANNA WATCH BONHOEFFER SO BAD😭😭😭
And yes, Liberty, I have written 2 novels with Leon/Riker as the MCs. The Broken and Redeemed Trilogy is solely theirs.
Book 1 is out already and has been published since July this year, and the 2nd one will (HOPEFULLY…we’ll just have to see😅) be released…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
So, this is technically a hair tutorial, but it has quite a bit of history as well. Delete the space after the h.
h ttps://historyboots.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/beyond-the-bob-1920s-hairstyles-for-the-rapunzels-among-us/
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
That’s okay, thanks anyway :]
Besides denser stuff, I’ll take anything I can get as lon as it’s reputable. I can’t remember ever hearing of Ken Burns, thanks for the recommendation.
I’m leaning towards researching why entertainment changed drastically within that time period. Things like radio and film. For…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I know!! It’s so perfect for her!!
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
*Pouts, snow dusting my face* Here are your words, a short story.
Little things, hidden in big things.
The bulky green cuffs of my coat did not fit me very well; some saw them as black holes, sucking up every dust bunny and trinket in their wake.
I tucked my hands in my sleeves. The cold sun, a smudge of orange in…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Ah, 1900-1950’s. What type of resource/information do you want? I may not know it, but I can help find it.
(I love history. My question: any other archeology nerds?)
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
you’re gonna make me cry!! I’m so happy you found out about this WIP!
yes!! A girl after my own heart! lol. I am German, so this is really close to me.
oh my goodness!! That is one of my dreams!! I want to track ww2 across Europe!!!
YES!! I’m just waiting for it to come out!!!
Freed-and-redeemed, are you watch…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Caught up on my snowballs!
Nowwww….
@lightoverdarkness6 @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed @godlyfantasy12 Â SNOWBALLLSSSSS!!!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
I’m an American history nerd, but I can’t think of anything that sounds dense and academic right now, except for the Ken Burns dust bowl documentary.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
oh also the thing about the frog in his pocket is so funny lol
I love lizards and frogs and all that, but I definitely don’t put them in my pockets. At least I can wash my hands immediately after putting the animal down; my clothes, not so much. Plus I don’t want to sit on them lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle awww Sabina caring for the orphan clan is so cute!!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks!! <3 :))
-
Esther replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh dear, I love studying history, but I normally don’t go out of my way to find big books about it 😂 But I’ll do some looking and see if I can find anything that you might find helpful. :))
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
This is a pretty specific question, I’ll admit. 😅 Any other history nerds? @koshka @esther-c @liberty @mineralizedwritings @otherworldlyhistorian @jonas @elishavet-pidyon @ellette-giselle @hybridlore @linus-smallprint @rae
Sorry for the tags if you’re not interested, guys.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle No to both of those. I’ve heard from others that the second one isn’t as good, but idk. The movie sounds fun. I’ll check it out sometime.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper Sorry I don’t know much. I can recommend good fictional literature from that time, but not anything with hard facts.
- Load More
