@rae
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper @jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr
Ben Gunn and Flare – Group 1, Everstrand edge
“We’ll stick with you Baron,” Flare put his hand on his shoulder.
Ben raised his head from his half-sleep, “Who are we sticking with?”
“Baron.”
“Who?”
Flare pointed at Baron, a little frustrated, “This guy!”
“Oh, okay, I’ll b…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@the-lost_journal @theducktator
Thank you!
Do you guys have a name?
If you can’t tell be the signature at the below 🔽, our name is Anduth.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
-
Andrew replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Define WIP and MC for… um… @rae, cuz she probably doesn’t know what they mean (I’m just asking cuz I actually don’t know)
-
Liberty replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
YESSS I WANNA WATCH BONHOEFFER SO BAD😭😭😭
I know, right?
Riker Schind, an SS officer, struggles with his conscience as he uncovers the horrific truths behind the regime he serves. Haunted by his past and the role he plays in the suffering around him, Riker’s journey towards redemption is fraught with peril and soul-searching d…
-
Liberty replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Little things, hidden in big things…Big things, hidden in little things…
Oh. *contented sigh* I love the clincher here!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
EeEeeeEeeeee!!!!!!
I think I love this book already.
One thing I noticed…if these are Slavic names in Slavic culture, they aren’t quite right. Dmitry Volkova is feminine; Dmitry Volkov is masculine. Even as a surname, I believe the name gender changes, although I’m not sure if Sofiya’s name changes…but I think so. Also,…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle @freed_and_redeemed
Here’s Josiah’s story! (my brother)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y-bt9Rkb_NvaU_7OHfRP4gJZPXbZX9Man8QPOqBdXyU/edit?usp=sharing
-
Liberty replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
yes!! A girl after my own heart! lol. I am German, so this is really close to me.
Do you speak German?
YES!! I’m just waiting for it to come out!!!
I know!!!
oh I’d love to read it if he’d let me! Do you want to post it here, or do you want my email?
I can post it here. @freed_and_redeemed You can read it as well! I’d love to hea…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
How darest thou insult our fuzzy black personage by pelting our pelt with white cloud dust!?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
*Gasps* *sputters*
*Moans*
Brin glared at his brothers, Volks tall and strong who should have known better.
“Dah dah, I know. But as I don’t intend to die and be thrown to the sea, it won’t matter, nyet?”
Krazsimir growled, folded his arms. “You’re a loyal volk, Brin, and a fighter. We need you here. We can still turn…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
I agree with Hybrid and second everything she said. It really depends on what kind of book this is and what age group it’s targeted towards. 11 is probably a lot if it’s something like middle grade fiction. If this is something massive, like, say, the Stormlight Archives, then 11 is more reasonable (though even SA doesn’t have that…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
the 20s really marked the beginning of people turning away from traditional values, something the USA tried to go back to in the 50s before all fell apart in the 60s…and we’ve just gone downhill from there🤷🏻♀️
Better in some ways, a whole lot worse in others.
-
freedom replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Hiiii 👋🏻 So, I will first say that a lot of my research has been sporadic or else focused on a single specific topic, so I honestly don’t remember a lot of sources I used for a lot of research by this point XD
And most of my research is focused on WW2😅
But each of the decades were really marked by specific things:
The 1910s was…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle I love that idea too!! 🥰
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
It really depends. Does each MC have their own POV? How long is the series, and what genre is it? Typically a long, multi-book series will have plenty of characters, while a standalone may only have room for a few. (However, Gordon Korman is a big exception to this rule. He writes mostly standalone contemporary MG fiction, but he…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER started the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
In my current WIP, I have 6 MCs right now, but I want to add another one or two. In another one, I have 11, though that one may change. Is this too many? When does the amount of main characters become too many to keep track of?
@whalekeeper @rae @highscribeofaetherium @hybridlore @raxforge @esther-c @freed_and_redeemed @theshadow @ellette-giselle…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
If it was for an assignment, there’s little hope that it actually stays in my brain. XD
Hm. That is really interesting to think about. I, for one, am glad there are so many viking burials. Especially the ones with ships.
Well, I have pretty much finished a civil war ensemble (all layers ect.) except for boots/shoes and a bonnet…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
@koshka
I didn’t know about the patent system update, that is really helpful to know… Huh… I did a lot of research on patents a couple years back but all the information disappeared from my brain after I finished the assignment.Awesome. I’ll start digging this evening.
I’m going to be doing a looooot of digging in the next five months, so I…[Read more]
- Load More
