@rae
Active 12 hours, 17 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
I didn’t get tagged for the last section, so I read them both today. I like it a lot. Linus (?) was right, it was time to go back into the cities. Sad for all those at the University. I like how you showed a threat to the church besides the Soldiers—a threat from the inside. And I’m guessing Andreas is also a former fighter that…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
Happy birthday! 🥳 You’re 15 now, right?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @hybridlore @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty @linus-smallprint
NEXT SECTION
The seventeenth year of Emperor Haidronias’s reign
June 17th
The EmpireWe’ve been traveling for two days now. No sign of soldiers, thank God. The closer I get the stronger I feel that this is indeed what Go…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
@the_lost-journal happy birthday dude!
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
Happy birthday!!! 🥳🎂🎈🎈 I hope it was fun!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Well, in Europe, except with a bit different geography. So Ardenta is a Celtic/French mix, Vendailia is Saxon/Britannia and the Empire is Roman/Germany
-
FIREQUACKER posted an update 1 year, 4 months ago
@keilah-h Did you know the Australian term for a weed whacker is a “whipper-snipper”?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Is there a trope you don't see very often that you love? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 4 months ago
Ah yes, his royal highness the Black Mongoose certainly qualifies as an upbeat ninja and we need more of him.
-
Power replied to the topic Is there a trope you don't see very often that you love? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 4 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Got it. Tell her happy birthday!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @hybridlore @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty @linus-smallprint
It’s my sister’s birthday so I probably won’t post today.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you edit your texts because the verb used was too weak and not specific enough.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The diamond game. in the forum Film 1 year, 4 months ago
Hey, is this still a thing?
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Is there a trope you don't see very often that you love? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 4 months ago
How could I forget to add the character who everyone thought to be dead crashing his or her funeral? The only time I can think of when this happened is Percy Jackson.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Since they have a Bible just like ours and reference the places within, this must take place on an alternate Earth; where, geographically, do you think it’d replace in our world?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@ellette-giselle ohhh that makes sense!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
So that is actually a term used in the medieval days. It means, “no one has explored this far, these waters are uncharted, it’s dangerous, travel at your own risk.” They would write, “here be dragons” because uncharted water is as dangerous as sailing into a place you know dragons live.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Think Twice About Character Death! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
You make some good points and may have saved a life. I had a character who I’d considered killing for drama, but I’m thinking I’ll keep her alive.
I would argue that sometimes shock value is a good reason to kill characters. For example, in KotLC the stakes are supposed to be so high, and the villains so evil, and yet all of the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
or like water creatures. Look up the Mosasaurus, it’s a giant extinct lizard which had fins instead on legs and swam instead of dwelling on land.
- Load More

No, but I’m not surprised in the slightest lol
In some regions, their equivalent of a hurricane is called a “willie-willie.” (Probably a distortion of the natives’ word for it.)
I don’t remember where I read that—it was a long time ago. But it was funny.