-
Snapper replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@emily-d Good. I can’t stand soccer or football. 😛 The US has the NFL, but I never watch it. Actually, I don’t really like sports at all. On par with cats. 😛
Fortunately, I don’t know many Beatles. ‘We all live in a Yellow Submarine.’ Just why?? 😛
Techno music gives me a headache from time to time. 😛
Tigers are awesome. Have you read any…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Some Snapper Art in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thanks! I think that castle is one of my best works.
@winter-rose 😛 It can be Daeus’ castle if you think it looks like it. Maybe a gate leading to the courtyard?
@rachelle A landscape can take me anywhere from five minutes (that really quick sketch with the creek) or the more detailed landscapes, such as the lake one or the road…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Some Snapper Art in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thanks! I think that castle is one of my best works.
@winter-rose 😛 It can be Daeus’ castle if you think it looks like it. Maybe a gate leading to the courtyard?
@jess
@rachelle A landscape can take me anywhere from five minutes (that really quick sketch with the creek) or the more detailed landscapes, such as the lake one or…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Oh, boy. This’ll be hard to explain. 😛
So, a cliche, being what it is clearly has to come from some idea, and that idea is or isn’t a cliche. If it is a cliche, then clearly it came from somewhere, then you have a bunch of cliches within cliches. But if you change the definition of cliche, then they are all original, but they have…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Interesting, subconsciously comparing and contrasting–I think that its a neat way of thinking of it.
Compare and contrast is certainly helpful, especially with sci-fi, because the world- like you said, it doesn’t have to be Earth -doesn’t directly compare to ours. And a self-made connection is always much more revealing.
Arc within an arc.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 4 months ago
@hope I don’t think so. It’s still in the pre-stages of movie making. But they have some of the characters. Boromir is king Duncan. 😛
@daughteroftheking *accepts confetti* I know!!! I can’t wait! -
Snapper replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 4 months ago
@ethryndal @anne-of-lothlorien @daeus @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @aratrea @hope @winter-rose @perfectfifths @jane-maree @graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 @everyone-else (too many to tag)
I would just like to make it known that I had ice cream with raspberry syrup tonight. 🙂 I thought of you all. 😛 -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
*hands @PrincessFoo the Rangers of the north sign-up sheet*
LOTR. Don’t even get me started. I will ramble for days about how awesome it is. *waves* Hi elves! I’m from Rohan. *mounts horse and rides away* -
NC Stokes replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 4 months ago
*bursts in through a window* RANGERS APPRENTICE!!!!!!!!!!! I love those books! The ones I’ve read anyway. (I’m only on book five.) WAIT, THEY’RE MAKING A MOVIE!?!?!? *throws confetti*
-
Snapper replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
… After skimming over this, I’m beginning to think that cliches are just paradoxes.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Thanks for putting this together!
“The literature of the human species encountering change.” I see why this caught your eye. I never considered Sci-Fi that way. Really, I always thought it was a fiction of technology and extraordinary things. Star wars kind of thing, if you know what I mean. 😛
But certainly, just writing s…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 4 months ago
@hope @kate-flournoy @jess @bluejay @christi-eaton Did anyone else see that they’re making a Ranger’s Apprentice movie?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@PrincessFoo Exactly! Or when you finish a really good book and you just close it and stare at the wall for a minute, trying to process everything you learned about writing from it. I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I do all the time. I also feel like I should warn my family that I may randomly burst out in tears or laughter thinking…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes changed their profile picture 9 years, 4 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you say “plot twist!” when something unexpected happens to you. Or when you want to apologize to your characters for putting them in tough situations…
“I’m so sorry MC, but you’re going to get kidnapped. It’s nothing personal.” -
Snapper replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 4 months ago
@clairec @feedingmygoldfish @kate-flournoy @all the singers
Hi guys! So, I’m trying to teach myself to sing. Do you guys know where I should start? -
Snapper replied to the topic Recommendations Requested in the forum Poetry 9 years, 4 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien You should read some poems by Longfellow.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer Awesome! I think I’ll break for lunch now. I wrote 815 words.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@daeus Alright. Have a nice retire. 😛
@overcomer That’s fine. I understand life. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer It has been forever! It’s good to see you again! 😛
- Load More
