-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
@devastate-lasting Thx! But yea that’s a lot of words and books!
So my plan (I hope it works out) is to finish the first draft of my standalone by the end of November or start of December. Finish my worldbuilding and summary for book 1 of my series before the end of December, and that way I can start outling for the 2nd book in more depth and s…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Hola! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 11 months ago
K I got some music recommendations somewhere above (or on the previous page) if ya wanna look!
As for 7 books, I knew I wanted it to be a fairly long series, maybe around 7 but I first just planned for 5 as a starting number and then decided “hey let’s go for 7”
Plus that’s better for the story anyway.
I like both of those s…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
WAIT!!!
change Ara’s! She’d prefer her crush hate her I think cuz she’s not crushing on anyone at this point in time XD.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
These questions tho!!
ok. Let’s see.
Ara: Singing in opera
November: Spoon on nose
Jocelyn: spoon on nose
all 3: Ice cream bathing mmm peanut butter.
Ara: Mistletoe
November: Mistletoe
Jocelyn: MistleFOE
Ara: Soooooo she’d hate the first choice, but if we’re talking main villain she’s a girl. But if we’re…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
So longest I’ve written is a little over 50,000 words (in a first draft of a series I’m not currently working on. And some of those words we me just trying to make the word count so I’d add things 😂😂)
Goodness!!! 3 million?! And 10 years?! Wow!! You are definitely committed!
and nice synopses!
I hope this next…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
Nice and awesome summary!!
Goodness your writing just in that is incredible!!
I have a summary for my standalone (or synopsis. Whatever lol.) and a logline. They aren’t perfect obviously.
I have a sorta logline for the first series book too, and a working series name (just so I can call it something other then #SecretProject, which i…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
XD!!
I think Jocelyn and Ara would babysit two toddlers but November might choose the house sitting (although he’d do whatever Ara wants to do or wants him to do lol)
And none of them would change their name. Well. Maybe November 😂
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Hola! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 11 months ago
Hiya! And thx, but no thx on the green tea *holds up hot cocoa*. Personally I prefer peppermint (with lots of sugar and cream!)
As for how long….oof.
Since I was little I know. But I may not have ever actually called it fantasy. Idk 😂 I know I used to draw stories in my notebooks when I was little and then started actually wanting…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
I like watching Authortube (YouTube but Author or writer videos lol) it gets me inspired and motivated. Also music sometimes.
I was pantsing for the one series, and got to the 2nd draft and was like “I’m a bit sick of this”
So now I’m trying to outline. It seems have to have helped some for my standalone. But that could j…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
Hey, so does anyone have any worldbuilding tips? I’ve got a Scrivener template I’m using for worldbuilding but it’s just….not the most fun thing in the world.
im such a procrastinator 🤦🏻♀️ I’m also working on a sorta long summary for the first book. I wanna get that done, worldbuilding done, and finish the first draft of my standalone before…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
Ooh! Nice!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
Interesting! Especially intrigued by that first one!
So the fantasy world is kinda like ours in that there are multiple lands (but the way they’re laid out, having almost no connections sometimes with each other, it’s more like different worlds within a world)
So for example, in the first book, using a portal (unless som…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
This is now the thread for all WIP rants, talks, questions, etc!
We can talk about our WIPs without fear of annoying ppl cuz if they come here, they asked for it! 😂
So why don’t I start with a simple question and we can go from there.
Or you can totally ignore my question and just chat about ur WIP! Honestly d…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
imma do different characters too
Grimm would prefer the cold (because he’s lived in a cold area his whole life)
Luna would probably prefer rainforest and Paxton would prefer the cold mountain because he’s lived near, on and in mountains for his whole life. Or what he’s had of a life (he’s a kid lol)
Ara would p…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic NOT the protagonist. in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic What's a story idea that you want to write but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 11 months ago
true and thx! But for now I think I’m gonna stick to fantasy 😊
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic What's a story idea that you want to write but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 11 months ago
@gracie-j good for you for writing historical fiction!! I’m probably not gonna be doing that anytime soon cuz….ummm I don’t care for doing loads of research (depending on the subject. I do enjoy researching about animals and such) and, while I do love certain aspects of past time eras, it’s just hard to write and be accurate (for me)…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic NOT the protagonist. in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
I’m planning on 7 books in the series, and each book is kinda in a new land or world (so hopefully larger books. But I’m an underwriter so 🤷🏻♀️) except maybe the last book cuz it’s literally the Finale book so it’ll probably just be near the 6th book’s world or land.
@gracie-j and @devastate-lasting
I find I’m a very charac…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
OH
Also, Ooh idk. Probably deep sea diving for all of them because it’d be a lot more fun (and that’s what I’d choose 😂) -
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 11 months ago
Ara would be neighbors with her enemy if it meant not being too far from November, and vice versa for November.
Jocelyn would also be neighbors because being by herself would be boring. And not having her BFF Nyx around?! UNTHINKABLE!!
Ara and November would rather be early. Ara because she’d get some time to h…[Read more]
- Load More
