-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gravie-j Oh nice!! So sometimes I’m a bit be distant on these topics because there’s so much junk in the world with this topic.
But I could definitely use some tips cuz it is not my forte.
So I have a character who has a crush on his best friend, but I wanna be able to portray it where she doesn’t know, and doesn’t know till later. I don’t w…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m Yea that’s understandable. To help in-depth I’d need to know a bit more about the story, but I understand u may not want to tell all of that.
So I say just let your imagination do the work! I know, for me, I come up with a lot of ideas while listening to music. Also, talking about it to someone also helps. I’ve found sooooo many times…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@scoutfinch180 Just remember (because I’m still learning this myself) u don’t have to follow what everyone says. Make your book the way u want it! It’s yours! Some ppl are against prologues but I felt my book needed one, because the first chapter just wasn’t gonna cut it and I think it works wonderfully!
So just try it out! If u find it’s no…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Oh. My. Word.
That sounds so incredible!! Like, it sounds like a movie or something!! That is amazing!!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
Fake deaths….hmmm. Can’t say I’ve ever written one, but I think I can give some tips.
You can kinda do it in multiple ways.
1. They faked their own death. For some reason. Maybe it was the only way Fabian could get his message out? Or perhaps he thought it would help protect himself or someone else? If u go this route, whe…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216 You’re so welcome!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
So I made a goodreads profile! Same username. Not sure how to search for ppl on there
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
So, as for the first thing, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Those two characters do seem pretty different, and you can fix/refine things in later drafts (unless you’re in later drafts so maybe get some beta readers to help you know if characters are too similar or don’t have distinct voices)
As for the other issue…
Tip 1:…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
Wow thanks so much for the incredible advice!! Love it!! And ur characters are sooo well built! Wow!!
What are u wanting help on? Or are I wanting help at all lol
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Yea I tried changing writing this first draft, so now I’ve moved onto the middle. Cuz there was a scene I wanted to write so I started it and I think it’s going pretty well.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j @nova21 @e-k-seaver @devastate-lasting @issawriter7
Hey, so does anyone else ever enjoy the idea of writing more then the writing? Maybe that’s just me, but I’ve been struggling to write. I want to write, but still struggle with actually doing so. Idk if it’s just not fun, or if it’s because it doesn’t seem as great as I’d like it. Id…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
What are word wars?? ❓
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Woohoo on ur Novel! Mind telling us what it’s about??
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
AAAAGHHH
I am procrastinating soooooo bad rn. I need to write and I want to a little bit but also not.
WHHYYYYY
Anyone else procrastinating rn? Lol
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
Oooh very interesting!!
So for Fabian, if you’re going to kill him off, make sure it has meaning and reason, so as not to make your reader feel cheated. Sounds like he has quite a bit of internal conflict going on. Basically, what I took from that, is he’s a hero who looks and feels like a monster, and because of that believes he…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
Ooh! Okay, so it looks like you’ve got what I’m gonna call a Conflicted character. My Villain in my series is also a very conflicted character herself.
So here are my tips, feel free to use them or ignore them lol.
1. Sometimes there are different kinds of bold. Being cocky, and just being courageous. Depending on which you…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I totally understand the anxiety thing. I struggled with horrible horrible anxiety and depression last year. God delivered me tho and I thank him for it!! I do still have my battles but it’s so far from where I was last year.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
I will start.
3 of my MC’s-
Arabella-Protagonist: So in my mind, I can see her clearly. She’s a bit of a quiet, but mature girl. She struggles with anxiety and lacks confidence in herself, and an incident in her past fuels her misbeliefs about herself. She doesn’t feel up to task to fulfill what she’s destined to, and honestly doesn’t want to g…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
I know…the title is a bit of a mouth full. Let’s just call it CPTS lol.
So this was an idea I had while watching YouTube today. I know I’m not the only one, but I struggle with sometimes making different voices and feeling like my characters are really shining and easy to connect with.
Being a character oriented person I know that’s odd, but a…[Read more]
- Load More
