-
Koshka replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
Apparently my email notifications are acting up again. =
That could work, especially since each of the cultures/nations in my books are based off real life languages/regions. Maybe I could work It into the themes too.
(But then, I’m not exactly writing an allegory, so should I even have a different name for God? I’ve tried to just…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, rabbits aren’t usually used beyond the cute fluffies that live in Beatrix Potter. That’s part of the irony equipped in Green Ember. Helpless bunnies face monsterously huge predator/enemies and fight back.
Rabbitswithswords!
Wow, that’s a lot of fanfiction. 😉 It sounds really fun! I haven’t read much sci-fi, but my brother…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Ok, that’s good to hear! Sometimes predictability is a bit of a problem for allergies. (And now I’m intrigued.)
Hmm, I can see how expectations could be, um, met by false advertising? 😉
I’m afraid that when I think ‘with a medieval twist’ especially on anything to do with royalty…well, stolen kingdoms, sudden tragedy, and…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Oooo, that’s a very exciting list of have-reads!
What did you think about the  The Wilderking Trilogy? I’ve only read the first book and am interested in the rest.
Also, how did you like Princess Academy? I read that series a while ago, and liked it well enough. A little mushy, but that’s a common complaint of mine. 😉
(I’m not…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
That means the books must have been either really good, or simply dreadful. XD
[As I have read the Green Ember series I’ll go with the former (Helmet’s just great!)]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Oh, and I have another! (How could I forget?) It’s the one about a slave in Akalone that’s part of the Goodson line of royalty.
I have a lot of Green Ember fanfiction ideas! 😂
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
I have written three fanfics, and am writing one (Wilfred’s journal). All except for the journal were short stories.
One is about some Araluen rangers. It’s got an interesting idea, but is horribly written. -_-
Another is about Garten’s discovery of the existence of Jupiter’s heir. Once more, fascinating idea that holds some promise,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline  @elishavet-pidyon
Both of y’all’s books sound amazing! (Yes I’ve been stalking this topic =] ) I hope they get published soon so I can read them.
I’m not writing an allegory in particular, but simply portraying truths in a different way. (Or is that what a parable is?) However, I keep running into rough spots. Here’s one.
- …
-
Koshka replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
There were probably more, but I’ve forgotten them😅. Anyway, I absolutely love reading, and I devour new books anytime I can get them.
You sound like my older siblings. XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Only four books? That’s so sad, but I completely understand. I haven’t read as much this year as I would have liked.
The Secret Garden is definitely one of my all-time favorites.
Eeeek! I shall try my best to recall. (These are only first timers, and I didn’t look up any of these titles, so if I mess something up… Oh well.) No particular…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Yes!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
That is a long list, and many of which I have never heard of. 🙂
I have a friend that loves the Mark of the Lion series, but I haven’t read it yet.
Happy New Year!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Yay! This will be interesting. 🙂
I’ve read all those books except for The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. The Secret Garden is fabulous!
(There are some great middle grade books. I mean, wasn’t Narnia for children?) 😉
My reading list looks like a fiction salad with a handful of non-fiction croutons.
What books have I…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
Oof! I hate when that happens.
Me too. (Wanna guess why I’m late again?)
This made me laugh harder than it probably should have.
Good! XD But, yeah, it does get annoying.
I wish more books would do that. *sigh* I know your main character is heroic, but we gotta be realistic, y’all.
Yes! Ugh.
(Hope you enjoy it.)
I KNOWWWW. Well, I g…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Your mock cover is absolutely beautiful!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! It will be fun to try, at least. 🙂
I know! It’s so funny. I’m looking forward to yours too.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
Hi! Sorry it took so long to reply, I was a few sentences from finishing my response yesterday, but my phone died. Vamoose!!! There went the past hours’ work. So, now that I’ve finally gotten back….
I think so too. 😉 It’s not used to it’s potential (but the, it’s not cliche either).
Especially then. Oy, a sacrificial character…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! I have some more contemplative lines, especially in the one where he’s given charge of the heir. You know, the whole “here I am, guarding one who’s father I let die. I hope this doesn’t get him killed too.”
But Wilfred has a resilient humor that I’ve had fun expounding on.
Yes, fanfics are great!
Yours sounds so good. That’s a…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
Haha, ugh. I’ll have to finish it. It was actually somewhere in Waterloo that I bottomed out. After a few attempts to read on, I returned the book to the library.
Yes! A complex backstory is like honey in sourdough. Technically not necessary, but important if you want to make good dinner rolls. 😉
As for a favorite trope? Well,…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
XD Oh no! Yeah, I would like him to live longer, but I think it’s an important plot point, character struggle, and place to relate to the reader. He is a protagonist, though, so… I don’t know. For a complete confession, (and funny fact) I actually made his character starting from his death and moving backward. It’s been an…[Read more]
- Load More
