-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
Certainly! They’re all good, in my own most humble opinion. (Of course they are, ’cause why would I mention them if they weren’t? XD)
Scout, Riffles for Watie by Harold Keith, and Snow Treasure, are all not exactly classics. I think RfW was written around 1957, ST around 1942, and Scout was sometime in the 50’s-60’s(Not sure). A…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
(LOL)
Especially when the reader doesn’t see it coming. Bwahaha!
Yeah, I wasn’t sure I liked it either untill I started researching some stuff, then it sort of exploded. XD For instance, one of my kingdoms uses a lunar calendar, but I when I started working it out I got carried away, so now there’s a separate calendar for each of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Hi! I have randomly hopped on.
I’ll have to check that out. =)
(Wondering how in the world you’re going to wrap up SaM.)
Favorite tropes? I’m not sure yet. I love absolutely crushing my main carries deep into the ground (but not like most authors), then redeeming them/making something beautiful of their story. (Ok,…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
I guess its turned more into a blurb but whatever
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
There’s the new one!! SO! Same thing, 3 things ya like and 3 questions u have!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon @Madelyn @faith-
After saving their own kingdom, Ara, and her friend, November find themselves unable to return home. Their only hope to ever be reunited with their families is to defeat the Dark One who threatens them. But where to start?
Traveling a world they’ve never known, the two find themselves trapped in Cirque; a city o…
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Also if anyone else I tagged or if y’all wanna tag anyone who would like to comment on my LATER revision plz do so! But if u wouldn’t mind, plz wait to comment until my next updated pitch is out
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
@madelyn @faith-q @elishavet-pidyon these are so great thank you!! I’m going to do the first rewrite pitch maybe tomorrow and post it here to do this again (hopefully y’all don’t mind me doing this a couple times. Y’all don’t have to share ur questions and stuff 😂 they may not change)
also some questions I will answer myself and not thru the…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic How do you draft/write the "first" document? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
These are all really neat!! They seem to differ a lot but at the same time overlap with each other if that makes any sense lol!! But that’s Creatives for you XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Yes, they’re wolves. It’s still in first draft form, but… I like it. =) Thanks!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
OoooOooOoo! Thanks for sharing that. I love Q-and-A’s.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
I think it ate my thingy. Maybe I made it long. I shall try again.
Its a full scene, not a line, but anyway…
Flickers of light glinted back, caught on gossamers in the murky darkness. Holding the torch as high as the cavern roof allowed, Meyani crept down stairs, counting each crumbling step. Two-and-ten, three-and-ten, four-and-ten…
A heap o…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Well, I have been working on this scene for some time now, mulling it over it in my mind, so I finally wrote it down, even though I haven’t gotten near this part of my book yet. Its not exactly a line- a whole scene to be exact. But anyway…
Flickers of light glinted back, caught on gossamers in the murky darkness. Holding the torch as high as…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Ooo! Pitches! I love these things.
- Â You wielded your words with accuracy, letting each strike with full implications. This definitely makes me curious about the story itself.
- The whole thing is imaginative and makes the reader ask some intriguing questions: who died? What is a circus world? What is going to happen? Why are…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
Oh!!!
Riffles for Watie by Harold Keith
A Little Princess by F. B. Burnett
And if these last two count:
Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan
Scout by somebody-who-I-can’t-remember-but-it’s-a-Dutch-name.
I knew I’d forget some!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
I know, right? XD As long as we stay on the path I don’t mind if we take time to smell the flowers.
I do love the descriptions. Of course after reading them, my own seem very unimaginative.
Oof. That’s a fun question!
The Chronicles of Narnia, and Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
Sir Gibbie, The Princess and the Goblin, The Pri…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
Classical. I grew up on it, so the older vocabularies don’t bother me. The depths in story, the mixture of poetry in prose, all the types and shadows… I feel more at home with classics than modern literature.
But I haven’t read much truly old stuff beyond Pilgrim’s Progress, some Shakespeare, and Canterbury Tales (which I do not…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
@devastate-lasting @gracie-j @scripter-of-kingdoms @abigail-m @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @jodi-maile @annabelle  @daisy-torres @koshka @trahia-the-minstrel @libby @lydia-s @e-k-seaver @issawriter7 @mkfairygirl @seekerofthetruth @kathleenramm @jenwriter17 @nanisnook @elfwing @seekjustice @sparrowhawke @maryg3 @relia @writerlexi1216 @nova21 @hallie-…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
SOOO I know im making a lot of posts but OH WELL XD
Anyway I’m gonna try out this cool writing tip I learned about writing ur pitch and a LONG synopsis of ur entire book before drafting and then editing that FIRST before ever drafting, but that being said I need ppl to help with the pitch! The point of it is, you go back and edit the pitch a few…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you draft/write the "first" document? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Welp, I love revising. Writing itself is difficult and obnoxious.
Let me rephrase that; I enjoy writing, but I struggle turning off the strong-minded inner editor who then destroys all my work because it’s in first draft stage and therefore terrible. However, as rewriting is my favorite part of writing in general I usually don’t…[Read more]
- Load More
