-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah I noticed that lol. Especially Amara and Kirah I feel like are really similar. I think Tali seems similar at first, but she branches off pretty quickly.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, Brycen’s gonna be pretty cool. Oh man, if I say anything else it will be a massive spoiler, so I’ll just keep my mouth shut XD
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, Nia probably won’t be huge to the whole story, so that’s good.
I know the young thief is common, but I guess I just wanted to try it out for myself, and just see where it went. As far as I’ve planned out (which is very, very little), he doesn’t stay a thief for long, but it kinda follows him in the long run, if that makes sense.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I haven’t exactly mapped out what the underground actually looks like, so I’ll have to figure that out at some point. I guess I figured that since it was from Amara’s perspective, I would have it to where Kirah knew Keith pretty well, and trusted him, at least for the most part. But yeah, I definitely need to look at that more,…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Okay, good 😅 It’s just that most people on here would put it down because of the violence and gore (which there is), and I feel uncomfortable liking these kind of things now. Because I know if I make a recommendation, someone might be put off, and then where would I be on the darkness scale? If that makes sense lol
-
whaley replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Ofc! I’m sorry if my description disappointed you.
Sebastian
Seb stopped.
Stared.
Turned on his heel with a squeak of the shoe, and started to walk back the way he had come.
-
whaley replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
I know this thread is really old (not really, just subjectively), but I was looking through my old notebook (the one with SPESHUL SECRET STUFF THAT NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO READ), and I just had to share this section. My sister nearly died laughing XD
Okay. So this is an old story, that people would tell their children at bed time. I wrote this when…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah lol. The downside with pantsing is that, while you can get to some insane page counts, there will be some kind of plothole, or absolutely no ending/arcs at all… I’ve done that a lot. 🤣
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Aww, thanks! I’ll probably post another soon. 🙂
While most of my WIPs end up getting put to the side at least for a little while, this one can’t really do that, because I’m part of a writing group. Basically I have to get a chapter done at least every two weeks, and that’s pushing it. It helps cause they can catch things like small…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
I definitely recommend Screwtape Letters 😉 Thanks for your recommendations!
-
whaley replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Sebastian
With that out of his system, Seb found himself sitting on the cold marble floor, in the fetal position. After a good few minutes of grumblings and sharp, angry sniffs, he stood up.
The passageway was still gray and motionless. But there might be others.
In fact, soft, fluttering echoes brushed the cobwebs on the curtains. These echoes…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Coolio, I’ll write his POV in a minute
Do be aware, he’s not… the nicest kid. He’s not going to like any character right off the bat, unless they look like a strong role model/royalcore/hilarious troublemaker. So keep that in mind. He’s very pessimistic.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @janellebelovedpig @keilah-h @thearcaneaxiom @mineralizedwritings @acancello @all those I’ve forgotten lol
Here’s Brycen’s first POV for Chapter 3:
Brycen ducked under a tent flap, moving swiftly and silently. A black cloak followed behind him, the hood up to hide his face. In his hand was a necklace- expensive, with some kind of…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks so much!!! I’m glad you enjoyed it. 🙂
Yeah, I figured I’d have to move some stuff around once the drafting was done. But hey, I’ll just surprise myself and magically have double the chapters that way XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Characters for my WIP! For those who wanna know (Also i wanna hear yours too) in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
It’s that kind of show where you know it’s for 7 to 10-year-old boys, but the nostalgia just whams you in the face XD It’s also the one secret I kept from my best friend, even when I moved away. She was always rambling about how babyish the show was (her brother watched it), and I secretly loved it.
Aaaand look at that, I changed my…[Read more]
-
whaley changed their profile picture 3 years, 6 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Characters for my WIP! For those who wanna know (Also i wanna hear yours too) in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
I love the whole lighter idea, with him flicking it on and off. Really adds to his character.
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Yeah, it is XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
It’s definitely leaning more towards horror; like ‘The Case of the Bloody Footprints,’ ‘The Case of the Man-Eating Rats,’ ‘The Case of the Skull in the Jar,’ that sort of thing. Those aren’t the actual names of the cases, but you get the idea.
It’s not… too graphic? A lot of the violence is hearsay, since it’s ghosts they’re dealing…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Emotions are definitely interesting. You can’t just think all the time, “how would I feel?” because not all people respond the same way as others. So it definitely requires you getting to know your characters…
Oh, and Mary Sue makes a lot more sense now lol.
I, unfortunately, have yet to read much by Brandon Sanderson. I do…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Little One's Journey… title pending in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
I love part two and three! The storyline is really good, and I’m excited to see where it’s heading. 🙂
- Load More
