-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Ahaha! Maybe that’s the real trick of relationships in a story… Not exactly being all sappy, but making people smile. (lol perfectly worded I’m so trademarking that XDXD)
AHA!! *jots this down in a notepad* That’s a pro tip!! Now I finally know how to write relationships . . . lolol
But seriously, if I ever decide to add romanc…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
YUUUUSSSSS
You just completely put into words what I wanted but didn’t know I wanted XDXDXD
Now I don’t want the disability to be the main inner conflict, but instead a side issue to the main conflict – but that’s exactly what I meant by underdog trope. A-A-AAAAAAND the whole idea of her aligning everyone else by pushing past a…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@hybridlore (thanks!) @livingwoodchronicles
I will get to this in a minute, sry I’m on the ride home. I’ll do my best to help lol
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 My children want socializaaaaation XD
Calvin
Algebra drew to a slow close, giving rise to half-closed eyelids and yawns behind piles of school supplies.
November left at one point for the bathroom, and Calvin couldn’t blame him. The boy seemed to be a bundle of scolionophobic nerves.
The teacher finally nodded assent, and the…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
I would love to help!!
I mean . . . I like sci fi 🤣 But I’m not an expert or anything. Still I could try to help you with whatever you need help with!
(Nice to meet you too, by the way!)That reminds me, @kyronthearcanin has a reallyyy good sci fi WIP. So maybe she would have advice?
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
GASP I love that so much!!! I like dystopian stories in general but that’s just awesome. I love the names too!
Yep, I’ve posted my WIP Healer. (I will keep my rant as short as possible XD) So, there are five races- the Lupinari (based off wolves), Arcanin (based off bears; they have magic, symbolized by the stars on their…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Just saw your response!! Lol is it just me whose screen doesn’t update until you’ve already replied?
Nice to meet you! I’m new, lol.
I really like that idea about Thorn . . . I’m talking like I’m her author XD. But yeah, @whalekeeper, I think that would be really cool! And now I want to read your book too, lol
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
So . . . I don’t really know much about your story . . . but I can give you my thoughts about character arcs!
I’m a complete beginner at writing this kind of thing, but I do read a lot. So maybe that counts for something? xD
Dogchild and Marcel both do sound very similar, but the way that they react is different. So in my opinion,…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Random thing, while I’m thinking about it…
For Healer, (and for the series I’m hoping to make out of it) I’m doing a POV from first-person present. It’s been different, because I usually write in past tense. I was trying to think of a way to add that style into this fantasy world.
So… My idea was, a story collection from this…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
I NEED HELP
WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
So in Project Chrysanthemum, the theme is all about isolation vs. fellowship, and how we will never feel purely connected to others in this life – both because of sin, but also because as Christians we have another chasm between us and others. We are not of the world. On top of that is the theme of…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Ahaha! Maybe that’s the real trick of relationships in a story… Not exactly being all sappy, but making people smile. (lol perfectly worded I’m so trademarking that XDXD)
Yes! We are Hybridlore and Solfyre, the weird pantser duo! 🤣🤣 I might’ve mentioned this before but I love your username. Lol part of the reason I used Solfyre as…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Oh my goodness — I read that paragraph and by the end, I wAs SMilInG ToO!!!
We can be weird together 🤣🤣
She sounds perfect for him XD and I really want to see that drawing 🤣
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Ooooh I should draw them together XDXD
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
XDXD
Right!? lol
Lol my brainstorming process is all over the place rn. She would be another soldier helping them in their mission to free the prisoners. I always call her Naria in my head, because I randomly thought of that name and wasn’t sure where to use it (I know it sounds like Narnia but whatever XD). I picture her with dark…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
oh yeah!! I’m probably doing it right now 🤣
because we can’t have everyone become halflings XD
Awww . . . why not?? Jk XD
Seriously though, that would be the best !! I can picture it already . . . he’s so awkward 🤣🤣
So would she be like someone who helps them? Ahh I srsly need to know what happens now — all my br…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks!!! 😉 I actually don’t know what character I would put in . . . XD
I’ll maybe join later tonight? Haha I’m actually supposed to be doing homework right now. . . so . . . yeah 🤣
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Oops, I was looking at the page before this where @smiley asked to join. Lol
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Oh could I also join? Haha, I know you guys have a lot of people on this right now so I could wait if needed 🙂
I could definitely use some practice in character development 🤣
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Yes, definitely! XD
Same! My brother always rolls his eyes at me. Whenever I’m writing a scene I like I just end up grinning for what seems like no reason lol.
Also… I’ve thought about having a love interest for Sorren. What do you think about that? It would be another Lupinari, because we can’t have everyone become halflings XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
My sister’s always like, ‘why are you smiling?’Â XDXD
- Load More
