My WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
    @kyronthearcanin
      • Total Posts: 697

@hybridlore

Cliffhangers are now the best proven method of motivation XD

And yes! Now Dune and Rina have to be a thing lol. One thing: I now have to learn how to write relationships… Eventually. Maybe. We’ll see XD

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

hybridlore
      @hybridlore
        • Total Posts: 1359

@kyronthearcanin

We should start a survey forum, lolol

Yesssss I can’t wait !!! *probably looks like I’m randomly smiling at my computer*

There is always light behind the clouds.
        - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

hybridlore
        @hybridlore

@kyronthearcanin

My sister’s always like, ‘why are you smiling?’  XDXD

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

Yes, definitely! XD

Same! My brother always rolls his eyes at me. Whenever I’m writing a scene I like I just end up grinning for what seems like no reason lol.

Also… I’ve thought about having a love interest for Sorren. What do you think about that? It would be another Lupinari, because we can’t have everyone become halflings XD

hybridlore
            @hybridlore

@kyronthearcanin

oh yeah!! I’m probably doing it right now 🤣

because we can’t have everyone become halflings XD

Awww . . . why not?? Jk XD

Seriously though, that would be the best !! I can picture it already  . . . he’s so awkward 🤣🤣

So would she be like someone who helps them? Ahh I srsly need to know what happens now — all my brainstorming is getting stuck on this last chapter XDXD

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

XDXD

Right!? lol

Lol my brainstorming process is all over the place rn. She would be another soldier helping them in their mission to free the prisoners. I always call her Naria in my head, because I randomly thought of that name and wasn’t sure where to use it (I know it sounds like Narnia but whatever XD). I picture her with dark gray fur, a y-shaped scar just above her hand, and purple eyes, fading red a little towards the middle. She’d definitely have a fiery temper, but she’d be super sweet, especially paired with Sorren.

Aw now I can’t stop thinking about them together, lol. *smiling weirdly at my computer again*

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

Ooooh I should draw them together XDXD

hybridlore
                  @hybridlore

@kyronthearcanin

Oh my goodness — I read that paragraph and by the end, I wAs SMilInG ToO!!!

We can be weird together 🤣🤣

She sounds perfect for him XD and I really want to see that drawing 🤣

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                    @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

Ahaha! Maybe that’s the real trick of relationships in a story… Not exactly being all sappy, but making people smile. (lol perfectly worded I’m so trademarking that XDXD)

Yes! We are Hybridlore and Solfyre, the weird pantser duo! 🤣🤣 I might’ve mentioned this before but I love your username. Lol part of the reason I used Solfyre as my name was because I think there were already two or three Avas on here, otherwise I might have just used my name, idk.

Yes Sorren and Naria must happen!!! As soon as I get home I’m starting on that drawing for sure. 😉

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                      @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

Random thing, while I’m thinking about it…

For Healer, (and for the series I’m hoping to make out of it) I’m doing a POV from first-person present. It’s been different, because I usually write in past tense. I was trying to think of a way to add that style into this fantasy world.

So… My idea was, a story collection from this world in past tense, from a bunch of different perspectives. Including young Dune, younger Sorren, the creator of the Rootwinder, Dragor, young Quelin, etc. Something like “Tales from Orythia,” I guess.

So… thoughts???

hybridlore
                        @hybridlore

@kyronthearcanin

Ahaha! Maybe that’s the real trick of relationships in a story… Not exactly being all sappy, but making people smile. (lol perfectly worded I’m so trademarking that XDXD)

AHA!!  *jots this down in a notepad* That’s a pro tip!! Now I finally know how to write relationships . . . lolol

But seriously, if I ever decide to add romance to any of my wips. . . 🤣

Oh thanks so much!! Lol yeah, my mom was like “no personal information” when I asked her about joining, so . . . I’m assuming that includes my name. Also it doesn’t help that the website is completely viewable if you don’t have an account. That was sort of cool to me before I started, but now it seems creepy 😂

But yeah, me too girl!! My name isn’t super common, but my nickname is . . . lol I can definitely relate to that.

And I love Narnia . . . so Naria doesn’t bother me 🤣🤣

And . . . ahhh!!!

Including young Dune, younger Sorren, the creator of the Rootwinder, Dragor, young Quelin, etc. Something like “Tales from Orythia,” I guess.

Young sorren would be sooo cute!!!

(Now I need this 🤣)

Ok, no for real, that would be awesome! Just like the WFS, right . . . I feel like there’s a book like that . . . yeah there is 😂

hybridlore
                          @hybridlore

@kyronthearcanin

I did it again!!!!

My dad just walked by and made a comment about me smiling 🤣🤣🤣

Ahhh only writers will understand this. And people who reply to each other on forums XD

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                            @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

You’re welcome! Maybe I should write a book on tips…

Tip 1, write cliffhangers for motivation…

Tip 2, in romance, no sap, just make people smile…

Lol okay I’m done XD

Yeah it is kind of weird, right? But I think it’s to help writers that maybe aren’t allowed on social media stuff at all, maybe. Idk.

Me too! So, Naria it is! XD

Yes!!! I definitely need a young Sorren. I might split his story into two sections- him as a child and him when he’s pretty new as a soldier.

Yeah, I’ve read the WFS one, and I loved young Podo XDXD. And if you’ve read N. D. Wilson’s 100 Cupboards, he wrote one of their stories, and there’s some epic reference to his world, including one of the creatures. (The cupboards lead to different worlds, one of them being the world of Wingfeather Saga! It’s not in the actual books but they tied it together in the stories and man I loved it lol)

Well, I’m glad we can make each other smile! 🤣 Some of the joys of being a writer and a Keeper. 😉

hybridlore
                              @hybridlore

@kyronthearcanin

Ohhh that book would be hilarious . . . 🤣

Yeah, Ig that would make sense. I don’t have any socials but I use google a lot for writing stuff . . . more as procrastinating XD

Yess 😂 Oh my goodness – two sorren chapters!! (Y’know I can’t decide if he’s my favorite or if Dune is XD)

Oh lolol, young Podo would be so funny 🤣 I think I did read that book but I don’t remember much of it lol

No I haven’t but I’ve heard of them! That’s honestly soo cool lol, tho I hope they were good books if they combined with wfs! (Jk XD I’m sure they’re great, lolol)

Yep!! 😁🤣 what’s a keeper, tho? Only thing coming to mind is kotlc lol. Have you read those?

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                                @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

XDXD

Yeah I just have KP lol

Yep, Sorren’s great! I’d say I like Dune and Sorren in different ways, is the hard part, so I could never really decide.

Trust me, young Podo is great. And yeah, 100 Cupboards was really good, but if you ever read it, be prepared because a lot of names are really similar. The author made it that way on purpose lol

Oh, a Keeper is a writer in KP. It’s just kind of become the name for it XD. And no, i haven’t read and kotlc, but I really need to because you’re the fourth person to ask me on KP 🤣🤣

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 165 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >