-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
GAHHHHH *falls backward wildly scrubbing snow from my face*
Thirty miles off the coast of Norway. Waves crash against the Kampørn’s prow. The styrimaðr leaned his full weight against the helm to fight the churning. His eyes strained against the spray for his first glimpse of home. He grit his teeth. Swallowed the spay. Called for the s…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh popycock. For one thing I actually quite liked your story. For another, style isn’t that big of a deal. It’s mostly a challenge to make every word count.
But I understand if you don’t join. Some writers don’t enjoy that challenge as much as others, or whatever. *Shrug* XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
this snippet was from the POV of his girlfriend
I kind of figured haha, who else would be describing his symmetrical face? 😝
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Oooo, yes! Like I said, I adore this stuff.
-
Gwyndalf the Wise changed their profile picture 1 year, 9 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@loopylin hehe it really is
Flash fiction is fun. I think like Koshka said, you have to skip all the introductions and try not to be too plotty. I remember my first attempt at a short story was too plot-focused, with a bunch of plot points, and I just managed to shave enough words off to keep the limit.
Actually I think…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle cool, what time period is this?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle you’re welcome!!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Do you…eh…want me to rescue them? Live sort of ambushed me for a little while.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
(oooooops)
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Good good!! A poignant ending, bittersweet but victorious.
Ah, I still think you could do something even shorter if you didn’t introduce it, but that’s also part of your writing style, I think, so I won’t prod.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle exactly how i like them lol
@theducktator that’s a good plan
@highscribeofaetherium @koshka haha I guess “not eating them” is a color then lol
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
It is! Like poetry made of prose. I adore this stuff.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
My shortest one was 400, and I hardly set the stage
Flash fiction. The strength is in what you don’t say. Don’t worry about setting the stage, introducing characters, or anything like that. Snap a picture of a heart. Let poetry dance with prose.
I’m kinda sorry, but also definitely not. I absolutely love flash fiction, but have b…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
*Smirks*
*Cough cough*
It’s good practice. Seriously. Like sprinting is good for long distance running. Short distances straining with all you’ve got build strength for the long run.
Have you ever heard of the six word story? I don’t remember who wrote it, but one of his friends challenged him to write the shortest story ever.…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
Haha. I don’t really care for the things either, so whatever ripeness will inspire someone else to eat them is my favorite.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Okay…
@ellette-giselle WAMMM *a snowball creams you* (except I want to see flash fiction under 75 words. *Raises eyebrows*)
@hybridlore AhA! Unsuspecting initiator, meet thy own deeds. *Snowball creams you*
- Load More
