-
Koshka replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
If it was for an assignment, there’s little hope that it actually stays in my brain. XD
Hm. That is really interesting to think about. I, for one, am glad there are so many viking burials. Especially the ones with ships.
Well, I have pretty much finished a civil war ensemble (all layers ect.) except for boots/shoes and a bonnet…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
@koshka
I didn’t know about the patent system update, that is really helpful to know… Huh… I did a lot of research on patents a couple years back but all the information disappeared from my brain after I finished the assignment.Awesome. I’ll start digging this evening.
I’m going to be doing a looooot of digging in the next five months, so I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Awesome. I’ll start digging this evening.
Right off the top of my head I know that WWI and the reformed American patent system both majorly contributed to technology, which changed the face of entertainment for the 1900’s. I’ll try to find where I know that from.
Archeology, that dear little side dream. I started getting interest…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Hey she also has resources at the bottom of the page, niiiice.
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Aw, I love her zeal for hair styling. That’s really cool. I would try doing what she did myself, but I actually have a short bob.
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
That’s okay, thanks anyway :]
Besides denser stuff, I’ll take anything I can get as lon as it’s reputable. I can’t remember ever hearing of Ken Burns, thanks for the recommendation.
I’m leaning towards researching why entertainment changed drastically within that time period. Things like radio and film. For…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
*Pouts, snow dusting my face* Here are your words, a short story.
Little things, hidden in big things.
The bulky green cuffs of my coat did not fit me very well; some saw them as black holes, sucking up every dust bunny and trinket in their wake.
I tucked my hands in my sleeves. The cold sun, a smudge of orange in…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Ah, 1900-1950’s. What type of resource/information do you want? I may not know it, but I can help find it.
(I love history. My question: any other archeology nerds?)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
oh also the thing about the frog in his pocket is so funny lol
I love lizards and frogs and all that, but I definitely don’t put them in my pockets. At least I can wash my hands immediately after putting the animal down; my clothes, not so much. Plus I don’t want to sit on them lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle awww Sabina caring for the orphan clan is so cute!!!
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
This is a pretty specific question, I’ll admit. 😅 Any other history nerds? @koshka @esther-c @liberty @mineralizedwritings @otherworldlyhistorian @jonas @elishavet-pidyon @ellette-giselle @hybridlore @linus-smallprint @rae
Sorry for the tags if you’re not interested, guys.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle @freed_and_redeemed whoa, awesome characters!!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle wowww great drawing, and if that’s the character’s name up above I love it.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle Nice perspective, has depth to it. :]
-
whaley started the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Hey guys, does anyone have quality resources on the history/culture of America between 1900 and 1950? I’m encompassing both the World Wars in that because they are important context, but I’m also very interested in the Roaring Twenties and how entertainment developed across that timeline.
I’ve always been interested in that time, and have gotten…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Alrighty then, I’ll definitely have to check it out. =D
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Ooo, that does sound interesting. I’m gonna have to go see if I can find it.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
*Splutter* Texans weren’t made for this much snow!
Three more steps. Calion stood gazing over the edge into the chasm below. A river threaded it’s way down there, cutting a blue seam through a rolling green wood. A mile, two, down. A misty cloud rolled by, blocking the view and pulling his gaze back to the jagged edge just a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @ellette-giselle @anyoneintherescuegroup
I’ll probably introduce another character when you guys rescue Loopy’s character. Mine isn’t necessarily locked up but will notice the commotion and help when you guys need a quick getaway.
- Load More
