-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m improvising with the snake, lol.
Barnes
One of the scales glanced off Barnes’ thigh. Luckily she had her skirt over her trousers – the weather was cold in Lovedream – and the scale sliced right through the top layer.
“Hm.” The officer narrowed her eyes at the beast.
Reid pulled them all back, and Tenz made a leap for it.…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic my star wars Fanfic in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@evelyn-collins haha thanks! I’ll be sure to post the chapter or something when I write it.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic my star wars Fanfic in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@evelyn-collins oh wow that one’s cool too!
not much. Been writing warrior cats fan fiction, some of which includes the Bad Batch as minor characters.
actually, I inserted an adult version of Markus (your version of Tech’s kid, if I remember right) into one of them recently as an homage to your ideas lol. He hasn’t shown up yet, but I’m t…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic my star wars Fanfic in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@evelyn-collins MAN that is an awesome drawing! Which scene was that?
(I can’t do good shading to save my life, so I’m super impressed with yours.)
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I haven’t read any backstory snippets for Fel. 🤨
Nah you’re okay, I love teasing too. Take one more snowball, madam. 😜
…
I know at least one person hit me with snow, so I wrote this just to cover all my debts.
Bast set the basket of cookies next to the old man’s armchair. There were surely more chores to do, but there wasn’t…
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Ah, but what happened to Fel?
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
But I’m happy with that
And that’s exactly why some of my characters are just chill and happy. There’s nothing less deep about having an average backstory. I can think of some characters who are super shallow because the writer thought trauma equals character depth.
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Honestly I don’t know XD I told someone I wasn’t going to post the words I wrote because they were too depressing, and it kind of escalated from there.
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I would prove that the Lovedream children have darker pasts, but it’s not worth spoiling the whole thing unfortunately. XD My apologies. You’ll just have to take my word for it.
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I like it! A little Ender’s Game, a little something else. It’s giving dystopian. 💁♀️ I’m usually not sure how to react when people explain backstories since it’s out of context, but it sounds like pretty solid trauma, especially for a whole group of protagonists.
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
Immaculate vibes. 👌
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
That’s pretty much how I picture Baron too. Powerful, but not the best teammate, at least for now.
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Whichever is worst, lol.
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@rae
Alpha need a lot of perspective reorientation. Actually I have a close friend who once reacted to a puppy in a very similar way, haha 😝 He even used the word scrawny.
@ellette-giselle*Sticks out my tongue at you* What is your most traumatized backstory then?
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Okay, now it’s a challenge. Post what you wrote, and I can almost certainly top it.
Honestly, even writing down the bare facts of the backstory might be too graphic for people. It’s necessary because the end of the story is a reversal of the beginning, kind of like that flash fiction I posted a couple pages back.
I l…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@loopylin :(((((((((((((((((
Okay maybe I’ll post trauma some time. Also you should definitely give us more Fel and Lois. More. More.
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Aw, I won’t throw snowballs at you then. Truce.
*Whips around* @rae +2 @mineralizedwritings +2 @hybridlore +2 @savannah_grace2009 +2 @calyhuge +2 @loopylin +4
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
You have a very pretty writing style <3
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Well, those almonds sure do taste good. ;]
XD Metaphors are funny when you continue them.
:(((
I caaan’t. All my Lovedream characters are severely traumatized and I’m not just talking ‘his parents died to typhoid’ or whatever.
They manage to function – even Hugo can act very normal, and honestly, good for him. *Pats him too hard on…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@anyone who plays minecraft
Seed number -6640657341219389823 is really good. It spawns you in a jungle, and there’s a dark forest, mesa, ordinary forest, and the new pale forest nearby. It looks really cool for a base.
- Load More
