@mineralizedwritings
Active 3 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
freedom replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
@mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon @ellette-giselle
Maybe I shouldn’t say anything bc y’all all seem so passionate about the LOTR books…but…wellllllll
I only liked several of the characters bc of the movies *runs*
-
freedom replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@mineralizedwritings @keilah-h @rae @euodia-vision @smiley @ellette-giselle
*drops chapter 2 of 1600s fic*
Chapter 2
Nothing was ever certain, least of all hope. Life had been both cruel and wise enough to teach Anthony Edward Stark that much.He swiped sweat from his brow and laid a double-edged sword across a simple anvil, hammer in hand.…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
*applause*
Gentle warriors for the win! I am now inspired to write better representations of gentleness, purpose, and grief. We need unique turns on these topics.
 I think one of the reasons their story is cut is because it’s a story that speaks to more sensitive people. Aragorn looks cool on screen to everyone, and ev…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
um… only ranger horses. I’ve never had a horse throw me.
I can’t believe what they cut from the movie of them! That chapter was the completion of Eowyn’s arc, and cutting it out made it seem like her arc ended at the triumph over the Nuzgal, which is really wrong. Her arc isn’t about war, but healing. And they cut…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Excactly! It’s so sweet, but not sugary sweet, you know? If it’s not in there, then half her character is left out (the real Eowyn, in fact) It’s a neat turn on illustrating healing and hope that really brings a lot of light into the story. 🙂
I think it’s my second time to read/listen to the Return of the King. I read the…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Yes! We just listened to the chapter with him and Eowyn, and I just kept crying and laughing.
*Insert a five page essay on sorrow and love and joy and how they are not mutually exclusive*
*Insert random squeaking noises of happiness*
Yeah… Aragorn/Strider is one of the reasons Faramir is not my only favorite. 😉
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Aw, thank you! 😁 It’s your favorite? O.O I feel like I was just handed a medal.
The photo quality kinda softened his face, but I still agree. He’s such a fun character. He’s almost as much a walking paradox as Aragorn. XD
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Remember Jonathan from the Art Challenge forum?
I know he doesn’t have a smile (I was not comfortable doing that in this new style) but here he is wearing a Wooten Bassett hat cuz why not?

-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@rae @ellette-giselle @keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @esther-c @anyone-else
I’m thinking about making something (mostly for fun) that compares characters from Freedom’s Fire to characters in other media (mostly movies tbh) and i was wondering what characters from, like, Marvel and LOTR y’all would compare each character to👀
(With a focus on…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
*rushes into the Kingdom of Pen*
@ellette-giselle @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h @koshka @smiley @rae @savannah_grace2009 @loopylin @anyone-else-I’m-missing-idk
*drops possible snippet of a possible scene for Leon/Riker’s 3rd book and disappears back into the shadows*
His kids could, and would, continue to grow up.
Life would fly by like a…
-
Loopy posted a new activity comment 2 years ago
@mineralizedwritings thanks for letting me know! I’m not too worried about ai, but I probably won’t post any more of my favorite stuff. I was using Cara to post my art before. It’s really anti ai.
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
-
Loopy posted an update 2 years ago
@mineralizedwritings Hey I finally downloaded instagram. You’re on it too, right? https://www.instagram.com/loopylin33?igsh=MWQwYnB3dHQ1dDY5ag%3D%3D&utm_source=qr
-
I’ve just been joining all the social media lately lol
-
@loopylin
XD it’s kinda fun
I’m not posting on instagram rn until I can get glaze or nightshade for my art, but I still use text. I hope you’re aware that everything you post can be used to train meta ai, there’s no way to opt out of it in the US.-
@mineralizedwritings thanks for letting me know! I’m not too worried about ai, but I probably won’t post any more of my favorite stuff. I was using Cara to post my art before. It’s really anti ai.
-
Cool! I’m on cara too XD it’s where I put the good stuff, I removed most of my favorites from my insta when the policy changed.
-
-
-
-
-
Elishavet Elroi started the topic Portals: When My Story Ate Me in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Anyone wonder what would really happen if your characters were real and you met? Or what if tables turned and you were a character instead of the author?
Then this serial story might just be the sparkle of insanity you have been hoping for! (or if not, and if that’s the case, go invest in Narnian ice cream or something.)
Anyway, here’s the…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years ago
@keilah-h @ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint @rae @mineralizedwritings @anyone-I-missed
Deadline! ⬆️⬆️
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years ago
@linus-smallprint @highscribeofaetherium @ellette-giselle @grcr @rae @loopylin @keilah-h @theshadow @mineralizedwritings @whomever-I-forgot
⬆️⬆️⬆️
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years ago
Well, now you’ve learned a little more about describing characters and how that impacts how your reader imagines them!
-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Bucky looks so good!!! I’m not an artist, but the shading ended up really good!
-
Smiley replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@keilah-h @freed_and_redeemed @mineralizedwritings @rae
just going to leave this here
Ferentari district of Bucharest, RomaniaÂ
The streets were crowded with people bustling around, a poor city full of life and she could feel it even through the cold wind that sent shivers down her thin limbs. Some looked mad but others seemed rather happy,…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Congratulations on your third win!
Jonathan’s clothing looks more professional than what I picked up from his description. I imagined him dressed casually in a tee-shirt.
@theductator
A request for when you submit your description. When I created this challenge, I intended it to help authors develop their ability to…[Read more]
- Load More

@loopylin
Cool! I’m on cara too XD it’s where I put the good stuff, I removed most of my favorites from my insta when the policy changed.