@mineralizedwritings
Active 7 hours, 7 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae LOL that’s happened to me. My brother has a male character named Eirwen (who I named), and I learned shortly after naming him that’s a female name, but it’s exotic enough that I suppose not a lot of people will notice.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle haha yeah…
it’s useful for story writing though
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @theducktator @whalekeeper whoaaaa I didn’t mean to start a HP fight in the replies, I was just stating why I personally don’t trust it. I don’t think any of you are like, evil or anything for reading it.
but I would agree with what whaley says on the “Are the books basing off real magic, or are they just fantasy with cool…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
RAE!!! I caaaaaaaan’t share this!! Secrets keep me going! Plus it wouldn’t read understandably without context. Nevertheless, thank you for the support LOL XDXD
I started a new short story about Tomoko Tadashi Tama (I think that’s what his full name is gonna be, still on fence) but I just discovered that the name Tomoko is supposed to be a g…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
And it being an unconventional one is the best 😜
Exactly! 🤪 Thx for responding to my little ramble 😚
Honestly prob gonna take a short break from editing bc as much as I love them, I need a break from Leon and Riker XD
and idk it’s a little more difficult when editing, bc I’m reading over things I’ve already written and rewri…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Making something unique yet consistent is really important to me. But so hard to pull off XD
I like having two different ones to rotate between, it keeps me from getting bored lol. Thanks! I’m glad you’re interested in it. Honestly for so long ATOH was like my special project but now I’m not sure which one means more to me.…
-
whaley replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
To be clear, I’m not attacking Keilah, I’m just generally defending the use of magic in these generally avoided series.
-
whaley replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
A fantasy book telling the reader not to read fantasy books would be hypocritical.
I think a lot of this can be simplified through common sense. Were these books meant to be imitated? Were they portraying real sorcery positively, or just using for an obviously fantastical story? If Alan (or even better, his parents, since he was young and easily…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper That’s always the best feeling😆 Super excited for you, girl!! ✨✨ And it being an unconventional one is the best 😜
Uhhh, not too many updates tbh😅 Besides Broken Shackles now being in the editing process, nothing much new🤷🏻♀️ Honestly prob gonna take a short break from editing bc as much as I love them, I need a break from Leon and…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theducktator haha you’re welcome!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint For me, it would depend on what the books have in them. Do they just have characters with cool powers, or are there actual magic spells being used in them, even if those particular spells are fake?
A good example is Star Wars compared to Harry Potter. Both have magic systems I’ve seen Christians complain a lot about. This is my…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint ahh cool! I’m glad that you took notice of my noticing. LOL.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theducktator she sounds awesome lol
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, thanks!! I hope it stands up to my claims when I write it! 😝
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Really?? That’s so cool! I can’t imagine how that must feel.
It’s a weird feeling, but it’s not distracting me from the rest of the project. I know a lot of people have their ending planned out, but get over-obsessed and never plan how to get there XDXD But this ending literally depends on how the rest of the story plays o…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper oooh that’s awesome!! also cool that it’s an unconventional one.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@loopylin @mineralizedwritings @savannah_grace2009 @rae @freed_and_redeemed @anyone
I am so happy right now guys 👀 I found the perfect ending to my project. Like, I just can’t right now. And I won’t say what it is because the joy is in the foreshadowed surprise, but aagh – and it came from my plot board!! All I had to do was look at what was s…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint ooh! Stripe is certainly interesting. I’d love to see where he goes in the story. Kunulfs are really cool.
oh, and your thing about puns being lost in translation was hilarious. I like how the narrator, whoever he is (or she? It feels like a he for some reason), is actually addressing the reader sometimes.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper I have no idea lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@grcr @freed_and_redeemed @theshadow @theducktator @esther-c @whalekeeper
yeah I’m keeping Crosshair here because he’s been in here for what, three years now and I greatly enjoy writing him. Feather’s out though, just because I wanna stick with one character for now and might save the slot for a charrie from another WIP or something.
are we…[Read more]
- Load More
