@mineralizedwritings
Active 2 hours, 4 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
Esther replied to the topic HELP WANTED! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I would if I could! But life is pretty busy right now and since sci-fi’s not my genre, I don’t really feel qualified to give good feedback. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
If your friend’s dad doesn’t, we have a rawhide hat with real rattlesnake skin band and I think an eagles feather in our house, plus a real civil war era sword! Give him some glasses and we have Mundy plus sword!!!!!! Double cool!
Hehe I doubt he would wear something like that, he’s a very solemn man. Which makes the mental image funnier &#x…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I know I said I was going to leave, but I’m just bored lol!
also, one little issue I have: maybe wait till Sabina’s at least 18? I’m 17 and I wouldn’t marry a guy now even if I knew him very well. My mom got married at 17 but I was under the impression she was the exception.
I agree with Keilah.
I know your story is set in medieval times, so th…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theducktator lol I’m just gonna have Crosshair come across your charrie
Crosshair
Something crashed in one of the rooms.
Crosshair stepped closer to it, cautious. It banged again.
He darted into the doorway and raised his weapon at it.
Oh. Just a girl. Not Omega, but definitely a human girl. And not an inhabitant of this castle, either,…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle Video game music isn’t just one genre though. It’s very, very widespread over multiple genres.
Now, movie soundtracks and classical composers are the other two things I go to when I want music without words, so I would say it’s good to have decently broad horizons.
I would love to hear what all your soundtracks are tbh.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle aww Joseph is so cute, and the fact that he’s like “I have parents! You’re my parents!” is too funny.
also, one little issue I have: maybe wait till Sabina’s at least 18? I’m 17 and I wouldn’t marry a guy now even if I knew him very well. My mom got married at 17 but I was under the impression she was the exception.
I’m…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle awesome!!
also I don’t know whose turn it is haha
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
ok I’m done with this conversation lol, let’s switch back to memes haha

made this a couple years ago and just found it in my files.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
taunting yell at someone who failed to hit him
(had to find one that he was yelling but didn’t use any particularly rude insults on them lol)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
never actually played the shooter game he’s derived from and honestly don’t really care for it. I’m just here for the awesome character design.
samples of the voice so y’all know what I’m talking about when I say his accent was really the thing I liked about him (might have to post ’em separately cause KP doesn’t like this kinda thing,…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae haha
IDK, it’s your call lol
ooh I want a hat like that…..honestly I did before I discovered he existed.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Sounds good with me, thanks for letting me run my mouth off lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle oooh he looks awesome! I see I was actually pretty close on the clothing lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae oh that’s hilarious lol
and trust me the version of him in the RP is a little toned down. probably because he’s got somebody doing that exactly.
@whalekeeper yep there’s my boy Mundy lol, forgot you were technically writing him for a fic
(yeah that’s his actual name, I’ve referred to him by it before)he’s not forty, actually, there’s…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
(and I hope y’all don’t mind me jumping in here :p)
That’s okay :-p
I’ve heard Tolkien didn’t like allegories. Here is a quote I’ve seen multiple times (correct me if it’s fake, I’ve just seen it often):
“I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to de…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic HELP WANTED! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I really like it! Mandin and Nahim’s relationship is probably my favorite part. I enjoyed reading it a lot. Please tag me when you have more chapters finished ☺️
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank you for posing the other side, Rae 😌
But the purpose of a Christian is to “go into all the world and preach the Gospel”, to be a light in darkness, and writing is a way we can do that! It is a command from Jesus Himself to preach the Gospel, so shouldn’t we be using the talents and means God has given us to obey that command? Shoul…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @rae yeah I wasn’t saying Aragorn and Smalls were SPECIFICALLY designed to be Jesus archetypes, but the sheer fact that they are the good kings that win out over evil and take their thrones in the end means the writers were at least influenced by their worldview.
I mean, non-Christian authors do kinda the same thing sometimes, but…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I kind of agree… with both of you 😅
Ummmm I think Aragorn was not meant to be a Christ figure, but JRRT used some traits that happen to overlap.
When we meet Aragorn, he hides in the shadows, always watchful,
but rather quiet and mysterious, preferring to not make himself known. We’d
almost think him a little timid if we didn’t… - Load More
