@mineralizedwritings
Active 3 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 11 months ago
I like it! You really aced the lower half of his body; feet are so hard and you drew them quite well.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Dante
At first, Dante watched the scene with mild interest, as one might watch a couple ants fighting on their sidewalk. As the seconds passed, though, he grew more concerned. And when Brian came charging into view, sword in hand, Dante jumped to his feet.
“Oi! Cool it! All of you!” He chased after them.
Dante arrived just a few…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@anyone
Speaking of conflict, those flaming balloons are going to loose altitude at some point and it is currently right next to the school…
-
freedom replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 11 months ago
@keilah-h Whatever you want! Lyrical, instrumental, whatever! ✨
-
hybridlore posted an update 1 year, 11 months ago
@whalekeeper I moved us here so we didn’t spam the topic anymore like you said 😂
That’s okay! I think I understand what you’re saying—I know exactly what you mean by the bright light leaving a splotch in your vision thing. So for the most part, it seems like you have association, but it slightly affects the way you actually see some charact…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
If you want to talk about this more, we should move the conversation so it isn’t spamming this topic. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
Do words really change color for you when you read them, or do you read it in black ink but see it in your head as colored?
Acchhh this is extremely difficult. I believe my grapheme-color is somewhere in between association and projection. I was never confused as a child about how the letters were made with multiple colors, I knew they…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@rae @raxforge @ellette-giselle
Our characters are right next to yours, see below.
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Ellis, Fel, Sara)
The four travellers tried to look inconspicuous in the dark. Their soaked clothes mostly blended in with the background. Marcel noticed Felicity’s bright hair, and motioned for her to shove…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@linus-smallprint ooof Ender’s Game.
Good example for a dystopian writer, horribly graphic writing (and also the occasional curse words? I remember there being Marvel-level cursing but not much worse).
Luckily I’m not the kind who’s perturbed by violence in writing. Watching it would be a different story, but reading that kind of thing really…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
You’re not wantonly throwing bloody battle scenes in. You’re writing a realistic impression of a story.
Remember the missionaries to that one South American tribe that were brutally murdered, but the survivors came back to that tribe to continue the mission? Stories like that are what your writing reminds me of. This sounds really weird, but…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 11 months ago
do the songs have to be lyrical or can some of them be instrumentals?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle Believe me, these stories are marketed for 8-year-olds:
- Wings of Fire (dragon series I read once with a good deal of violence. One character’s death is so graphic the writer didn’t even describe it, although that was in a side story that I didn’t read though cause it didn’t grab me.)
- Warrior cats series (LOTS of war and…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 11 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed yessss I will totally do that!!
now to find some songs.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 11 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
Hi! Back with a few more questions! 🫣
Have you heard of projects/associators? It basically is the difference between actually seeing words/symbols in the color or just associating it with that color in your mind’s eye. Do words really change color for you when you read them, or do you read it in black ink but see it in your head as…[Read more]
-
hybridlore changed their profile picture 1 year, 11 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
“We need to… hide somewhere…” Marcel panted, pulling Sara forward.
She glanced around and saw an abandoned-looking alley. “What about there?”
@everyone else If our characters are going to meet up, maybe now would be a good place to do it?
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Marcel – Elderstrand (w/ Ellis, Felicity, Sara)
The group shivered, plastered against the side of the wall. Ellis gave Marcel a warning gesture towards the left street, and stared up at where the soldiers’ feet pattered above.
“Hey!” Their silence didn’t help. One of the soldiers in the street patrol pointed in thei…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
We all make mistakes when making something, it’s okay 🙃
- Load More

Okay yay 😂
Yep, I think so.
I don’t use them for inspiration, but while choosing names for characters, I need the right personality to hit. It is a great feeling to find the right name for somebody. Does it affect math? …Memorization is much easier. In that regard it doesn’t get in the way.
Yeah, it’s just the placement on the keyboard. It’s pr…[Read more]
Right, I gotcha. How did you pick some of your characters’ names? What made you realize, oh, that’s the right one?
Awesome! Yeah, that’s really interesting.
Rightt, I’m still trying to figure it out. It has to be in the POV enough, but also not in there too often… it’s a weird balance. I’ll probably stick to unusual words, some sound-to-color,…[Read more]
I go through baby name lists as usual. I have a few letters in mind and/or a length, and swipe through until I find something. This search is very similar to how everyone else does it, there are just a few more criteria for the name to pass.
One of my favorite names ever ever ever is Marcel. The first syllable sounds solid, and the second has a…[Read more]
Honestly I do that with character names too. I try not to name characters even with placeholders until the last minute, because then the placeholder will get stuck as their actual name. Or they’ll still have remnants of that name affecting them or something.
Marcel is a much more unique name than Richard or Howard tbh, I like it way better.
@whalekeepr That is so cool! Yeah, I can’t imagine him being a Richard or Howard. 😅
Thank you so much for all your input! It’s been super helpful!!
@whalekeeper
Yeah Marcel is ten times better, at the time I wasn’t very experienced in name-searching.
@keilah-h Here ya go! 😁
thank you!!!
I hope this interrogation satisfies you 😄
haha I hope so too.