@mineralizedwritings
Active 3 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
Loopy replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m a bit late to this.
My art definitely bleeds into my writing a lot. All of my stories have some sort of color palette in my mind, and a lot of my characters, especially from Paper Stars, started as drawings I made. (Ex. Dante, Lemonhead, Mel) And my obsession with turning my old school work into origami stars a few years ago is what inspired…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Ok! Yeah, again, do what you wanna do. But if you want some ideas or need a brainstorming partner just lmk!
I will!!! TYSM!!! 🙃
Yes I totally get it!! You definitely don’t have to go through and try to fix everything in the first draft 🥴
ahhhh hahaha yeah, I’d definitely get in trouble with @ellette-giselle if I did that…. (jk jk h…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Worth All the World in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Ohhhh my wordddd
Ok that actually makes so much sense. I felt like the story was moving too fast and wasn’t exactly sure how to slow it down.
Thanks for pointing that out!! <33
Glad I was able to help!!!!!
I do love your dialogue though…you’re so talented in that area!!! Just maybe breaking it up would help A LOT. Because too much o…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Rainbows, unicorns, and random questions in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 7 months ago
I feel like it totally depends on the situation.
Though, at least for me, something doesn’t feel right about saying “your religion is wrong and false.” Because that tends to get people defensive and push them away from Jesus. I feel way more comfortable with saying “I believe that there is only one God….(etc…)” and just sharing what…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Rainbows, unicorns, and random questions in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 7 months ago
Even you were wrong, but believed you were right, I still think it would be good to disagree with the other person.
All of what I said still depends on the situation and the intentions of the people involved, though.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Rainbows, unicorns, and random questions in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 7 months ago
Yes. There are some social situations where it would be inappropriate or pointless to start a fight with someone like that, but if the topic came up, then yes. Tell what you believe is the truth. Staying silent or affirming a something that you do not actually believe in is deceiving the person you are talking with. Yes, it might sting…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Worth All the World in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Ohhhh my wordddd
Ok that actually makes so much sense. I felt like the story was moving too fast and wasn’t exactly sure how to slow it down.
Thanks for pointing that out!! <33
Mmm. If that’s how other books do it, I guess it could work. I looked it up and some people say to extend the vowels and smooth con…
-
Esther replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Mmmm…that does make sense, I’m just not sure how to do that.
Instead of “hope”, my characters are trying to fix their problems themselves. Which might be a “false hope”, but I don’t really see it as hope. I understand what you mean, I’m just not exactly sure how to do that.
Ok! Yeah, again, do what you wanna do. But if you…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
The blurb looks great! Very intriguing.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
@liberty ooooh I love those kinds of stories!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle thanks!
@whalekeeper lol yeah
also tbh I mostly use references of the actual character I’m drawing. I just yoink ‘em off google images (obviously with the safe search function on)
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m working on them right now actually.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@loopylin @mineralizedwritings @rae @ellette-giselle @anyone
Where does everyone get their photo references for practice? I used Pinterest for the art on the last page, but I’m wondering if there’s a better source…?
Pinterest has lots of stuff, I’m just curious. XD
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper thanks! I like their expressions too, I don’t know what they’re talking about but it seems to be serious.
yep I use Procreate a TON. All the digital drawings/edits I’ve posted are from there.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I like the expressions! Looks like you use Procreate too, lol.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle I see!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
yeah, just about.
very cool!! what time period exactly? Evidently empires and kingdoms are still a thing, and they don’t have any form of electricity yet.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle ehh sometimes the chapters get buried in my emails cause I’m busy and don’t get the chance to read them. When you post a new one then I’m able to go back through the ones I’ve missed.
I always imagined a modern-day Heinrich would walk around in a trench coat with glasses and would most likely have a spattering of freckles. 😂😂
LOL…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
True, true 😂
And it has a lot to do with–––––
You’re just going to leave me hanging? XD
Ahh, gotcha.
- Load More
