-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*breathes a sigh of relief only to catch it again as I continued reading* @overcomer
I don’t blame your sister for hating them. Oh, that would have been awful!!!! I’m glad she’s ok though. Mine wasn’t that bad. I ended up riding into a prickly bush to miss it *ouch* and made my brother drop the mud pie he was making with my scream. 😛 The snake…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I got 234 words written. How’d you go @daeus? It was a bit of a struggle at first but thankfully is becoming much smoother. 😀 *licks ice-cream off spoon. Delicious*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus sorry I’m late. 😀 Yes I’m alive. Glad to hear you are too. Hidey hi ho and a bucket of raspberries??? Hmm…I’ll have ice cream instead.
-
Greta replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Haha @kate-flournoy! No, you’re not creepy. Studying people is quite fascinating. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh boy! @rolena-hatfield I guess I should brush up and medical terms. *Hunts around for doctoring books; starts reading. Raises eyebrow “I’m really not understanding any of this.”*
I guess I had better stick to easy things such as colds and stomach aches. 😀 -
Kate Flournoy posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus just curious… did you end up entering the Patrick Henry College short story contest?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes @hope, I can definitely see that. Both books were written to make a strong point, not to make you feel good, therefore both plots were highly, highly realistic. If they’d been written just so they could be realistic it wouldn’t have packed as much of a punch, but since they’re realistic to seal the message they’re very powerful.
*ahem*…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald @rolena-hatfield YES. That, and trying to read people’s faces. I know, I’m so creepy… but I love trying to guess what people are thinking by studying their expressions.
-
Greta replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@rolena-hatfield, yes! Watching and listening to people is great for your writing…and not to mention fun. I’d love to just sit at a coffee shop for a couple hours and watch people coming in and out and listen to their conversations. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
HAHA! @rolena-hatfield. Hmm…that might be bit hard as I don’t live near you. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh yikes! @overcomer That’s terrible. Oh those poor baby chicks. *cries loudly*
Hmmmm….I’ve nearly ridden over a snake with a bike when I was very little. *Scary* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay guys… I just read Lord of the Flies. A friend gave me a copy— I was a little leery at first (with a title like that, you can’t be too cautious) but having finished it, I highly, highly recommend it.
I don’t think I can say I enjoyed reading it, but it is by far one of the more powerful books I have ever encountered. It made me think a…[Read more] -
Greta and
Jackson Graham are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
“Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible.'” ~~~Audrey Hepburn
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Don’t panic if your first draft is awful. That’s what editing is for.
-
Greta replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Don’t stress about an outline. However, it helps me if I basically know where the story’s going before I begin writing. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Have a thick skin. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
*runs in* I heard the word ‘sick.’ *shakes finger at you, @rolena-hatfield* You shouldn’t eat so many sundaes in one go. It’s not good for you. *shakes head sadly* Pop them into the virtual freezer and eat them slowly. One per week. *writes it on paper and hands it to you.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh wow! You’ve got to send me that when you’ve finished it. It sounds very exciting.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
353. I’m working on the fourth Chaos story. 😀 It’s moving along slowly. *sigh* @anna-brie. But at least I was focused because I was writing with you. It really does help. 😀
- Load More

@kate-flournoy No, and I think I’m actually the one who posted about that. Silly me. I’m not quite sure why. I think I was supposed to write about someone who had really touched me or something – and while I bump into people all the time, I’m not a very sentimental person, like at all. I can relate really well with sentimental people, but I just…[Read more]
Yes, I did @Daeus… and am currently in the process of being driven crazy waiting for the results. 😛 They’re supposed to come out this month.
Are you sure we’re thinking of the same contest? ‘Cuz the theme for my age-group for this contest was simply write a story about perseverance through failure.
???
@kate-flournoy Oooooh, yeah…that one. Yeah, I don’t know what I was thinking about. Sort term memory loss. That’s probably why I didn’t enter actually.
Hope you do well on the contest. I read last year’s winner and I’m sure you could do that good.
I guess you didn’t enter the Bunyan fiction contest, or did you? Anyway, I’m waiting for that…[Read more]
Yay! Nothing like a mutual commiseration party! 😀
I didn’t enter the Bunyan fiction contest— I figured my nerves would be shot enough waiting for the results of one contest, let alone two. 😛 I do wish you the best of luck with your entry, though. 🙂 Let me know how you did.
Tag thingy @Daeus
@kate-flournoy Neves. They do that to you. (It’s not nice really. Someone should teach them manners.) Think of it this way though: At least we got all the ground covered.
@Daeus Twue. Vewy Twue. 😉