-
BlueJay and
Hannah are now friends 10 years, 2 months ago -
Greta replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Hello and welcome @Dragon-snapper! Glad to have you on here. 🙂
*buckles seatbelt*
Greta, the Peaceful One, salutes you, Captain Dragon Snapper. 😛 -
Greta replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Bluejay Yesssss, I love Ella Enchanted!! Have you read Two Princesses of Bamarre, also by Gale Carson Levine? It’s just as good as Ella Enchanted. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Late to the party as usual (that’s what happens when you’re gone for 19 days).
@Jess Nice to meet you! Welcome to the coolest place for writers ever. 😉
I ask this question of everyone who joins KP (unless, of course, it’s already been asked) and it’s a very, very important question, so, in keeping with tradition, what are some of your favorite books? -
Greta replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, Nice to “see” you again! 😉 What are some of your favorite books?
-
Greta replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope I’m late to the party but better late than never, right? I like the tile “Sign of the Shield,” but I like “Sign of the Nameless Shield” better. I also really like “Crowned Powerless…” 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope oooh, I love that. It really reminds me you can’t play God and pretend to see the whole picture. You do your duty and trust God for the rest.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope I do believe assassinations in wartime are no different than pitched battle. The object is to kill either way, and I see no reason why an ambush in the middle of the night should be permitted, yet a single man not be permitted to sneak into enemy headquarters and kill a general.
In the case of terrorists, terrorists are by definition…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec That’s great.
I have just started a new set of short stories. *It will be interesting to see how they turn out* And the funny thing is, they are actually set in Australia. I tend to pop my stories in America!!!! I wonder why?!?!?!
Yeah! Go Aussies. “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi.” *dances a silly dance while grinning crazily. I love…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec I got 484 words and Australia just got another bronze medal. YAY!!!!! *I’m not a huge Olympic fan, but I love watching the swimming and diving* 🙂
How’d you go…? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Great. I may have a quick break in a minute or two, but it won’t be for long. 🙂 See you in half an hour. 😀
@clairec -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Great. I may have a quick break in a minute or two, but it won’t be for long. 🙂 See you in half an hour. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Frindle is about a boy who decides that a pen should be called a frindle. And it’s about the war that goes on because of it and how the world responds to it. Great book, well worth reading. It is by Andrew Clements.
The Butterfly Lion…how to describe it. Let me just write what is on the back of the book.
Bertie rescues an orphaned white lion cub…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope all good questions. I do think I would tend to say it’s cowardice to beg for swift death over torment (though goodness knows if I would have the strength to take it), because ultimately God is in control (so cliche— but He is 😉 ) and ‘I can do ALL THINGS through Christ, who strengthens me.’ That would apply to silence in the face of…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope have you ever read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine? She does that with her book.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper It least I’m not the only one then. 🙂
Have you ever read books by Captain W.E.Johns? He writes about a pilot called Bigglesworth “Biggles” to his friends. He fights in World War 1 & 2 and when it’s not war he’s a air-police detective. Well worth reading. My brother collects them and now I have started my own set two. I think there…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper include this line in a story: ‘Dude, we are not asking the dragon for directions.’
I love your dare, @Jess. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragons-Snapper I’m late too, we can be late together… but WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE PEN, @JESS!!
We do have a lot in common.
Christian? Check.
Writer? Check.
Homeschooled? Check.
Loves fantasy? Check.
Artsy? Check.
Talks to her characters? Um, check!Welcome again. So glad to have you on here. 😀
- Load More
