-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@Hope I’m with @Daeus… I like the longer one better because it connects me to E better, but the second one is much more concise. *shrugs* I honestly can’t choose between them. And I think you could probably do away with the bolded words altogether— the blurb is most effective as a peep into the MC’s life, as the MC’s life (very rightfully) is…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ha! That’s a clever prescription. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it. *Smacks head*
@daeus It’s all because I’m a doctor. *smug smile* And btw, you’ll give yourself a headache if you smack your head. I know, I’ve done it before.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Argh, Suicide attempts!!!!!!!!! Good grief. @daeus Relax, relax, relax. I was having a nice holiday from my doctor duties. 🙂 *writes prescription* No using knives; no drinking poison; no dying attempts.
@kate-flournoy My suggestion is not to say things like that. *wags finger at you.*
@christi-eaton Thank you for coming to @daeus‘s rescue. Good…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Argh, Suicide attempts!!!!!!!!! Good grief. @daeus Relax, relax, relax. I was having a nice holiday from my doctor duties. 🙂 *writes prescription* Not using knives; no drinking poison; no dying attempts.
@kate-flournoy My suggestion is not to say things like that. *wags finger at you.*
@christi-eaton Thank you for coming to @daeus‘s rescue. Good…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade It wasn’t the normal Peter Pan story. The guy in charge wrote the script himself, as that means we don’t have to get the rights, and it’s cheaper that way. So no, I didn’t get to fly. 🙁 I did get to leap on stage, but that was the closest I can to leaving the ground.
Although, *giggles* Funny story. As part of the story, Tink…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade It wasn’t the normal Peter Pan story. The guy in charge wrote the script himself, as that means we don’t have to get the rights, and it’s cheaper that way. So no, I didn’t get to fly. 🙁 I did get to leap on stage, but that was the closest I can to leaving the ground.
Although, *giggles* Funny story. As part of the story Tink save…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Thanks guys. You are all so supportive.
Yay, @clairec and @anna-brie. It’s so much nicer to do it with people. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade Does that pirate name have anything to do with your profile picture and Tinkerbell? I acted in a Peter Pan Pantomime a few years back and got the role of Peter which was very exciting.
I love the Kingdom Series, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Ranger’s Apprentice. (with fixing)
And I LOVE Narnia. 🙂 Peter is my favourite…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-swiftblade Does that pirate name have anything to do with your profile picture and Tinkerbell? I acted in a Peter Pan Pantomime a few years back and got the role of Peter which was very exciting.
I love the Kingdom Series, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Ranger’s Apprentice. (with fixing)
And I LOVE Narnia. 🙂 Peter is my favourite…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Eh… dear dear @Daeus. Couldn’t you at least have used poison? It’s so much more Monte Cristo-ish. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*clears throat primly* Excuse me sir, was that a death threat?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*shakes head in disbelief* It’s OKAY, @DAEUS!!! I didn’t say I didn’t love TCoMC! I do! And it’s extremely close, anyway. The one thing that tipped the scales in Les Mis’s favor was completely random and nobody’s fault— I personally happen to like character stories more than I like gripping action. That’s all. 😀
Where do you FIND those…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Christi-Eaton well, Madame Thenardier should be easy anyway. All you have to do is throw things. 😀
Thanks anyway @Aratrea— and definitely read Les Mis. Don’t tell @Daeus, but I like it better than The Count of Monte Cristo and that’s saying a lot. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper I would love to keep going, but I have some other projects I need to work on so I don’t think I can. 🙁 Nice writing with you even for a short time, though. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I got 608 written, what about you?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome, @Anne-Swiftblade!!! I dub thee Swiftblade the Messenger… or should it be assassin? Which do you prefer? 😛 I think the role of Messenger would better fit a KeePer… 😉
Anyway. I’m Kate. Hi. I’m also a dragon, as you can see by my profile pic. Welcome again. Can’t wait to see you around.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome, @Anna-Swiftblade!!! I dub thee Swiftblade the Messenger… or should it be assassin? Which do you prefer? 😛 I think the role of Messenger would better fit a KeePer… 😉
Anyway. I’m Kate. Hi. I’m also a dragon, as you can see by my profile pic. Welcome again. Can’t wait to see you around.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus with you all the way.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh wow @Daeus, really… I’m glad I asked. Here’s my question though. How can the author who wrote Les Miserables write anything either soulless or themeless????? How is that even physically possible?? Grrrrrr… classical authors are so contradictory. 🙁
Yes @Christi-Eaton, Les Mis is definitely one of my favorites. But… uh… Madame…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I finished editing and added about 150-200 words probably. 🙂 Good job! That’s a nice amount of words for such a short period of time. 🙂
- Load More
