-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus sorry, gotta run. I got 716 words written though, so I’m pretty happy.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus m’kay I’m with you.
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
I have got BIG news. (No I didn’t just get engaged.) I entered a writing competition a few months ago and the presentation for the prizes was last night. I had just moved out of the 14-18yrs, so I was against adults. *nervous gulp* But here are the results.
Adult short story – Anna’s Savanna – 1st place
Adult poetry – I’m proud to be Australian -…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h I’m better only because I on medication. After October as things run out, we won’t be replacing them, so we’ll find out if we’ve fixed the problem or not.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I’m sorry @overcomer. I’d love to, but I need to be getting up now and starting my day. I’ll try for later if you want.
-
BlueJay started the topic The Hobbit in the forum 10 years, 1 month ago
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @aysia-serene @adry_grace @daeus @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @kate-flournoy @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah-olsen @dbhgodreigns @wordfitlyspoken @hannah-c @spradlin @i…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus thanks. I think I will. *calls over shoulder* ‘Hey Matthew! Did you remember about the confetti?!’
*grins*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@luke-C Welcome to KP. I love films. I’m more on the acting side, but I have siblings who love making films.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I won’t be doing it tonight. Good luck.
-
Greta replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@Julia-R
My grandparents live in Michigan, and my mom and dad went to Mackinac Island for their anniversary one year (I’m @ingridrd‘s sister 😉 ). I personally have never been there, but I’d love to go sometime. 🙂
Awesome choices for Disney characters! Rey and Rapunzel are both great characters.
Ooo, I love watercolor and acrylics, too! I’m…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@Luke-C
It’s nice to meet you. 🙂 That’s cool that you’re into science and engineering. I’m not much good with either. 😛 Action and adventure stories are awesome!
Anyway, welcome to Kingdom Pen! -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Howdy yourself, @Luke-C! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
And any writing is better than no writing. You’ve laid the foundation; that’s always a start. 😀
Looking forward to seeing you around. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus there is nothing quite as satisfying as realizing you’ve really helped someone. 😀
No. You didn’t miss a thing. I couldn’t have said it better myself.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Wow, I am way late! WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE KINGDOM PEN @JULIA-R!!
And… pretty much everything’s been said. 😛 The one piece of advice I can give you as far as discipline goes, is make yourself a writing time and stick to it. I write in the evenings from seven to nine, and all day Saturdays. There’s an awesome thread on this…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h Yeah, everyone goes crazy. I really don’t think most people understand what Christmas is about. They just celebrate it because they get presents.
It is my singing teacher’s end of year concert. All her students, (those who want to) singing a song or two that they have learned that year. It’s lots of fun.
We do not have small holidays…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h Yeah, everyone goes crazy. I really don’t think most people understand what Christmas is about. They just celebrate it because they get presents.
It is my singing teacher’s end of year concert. All her students, (those who want to) singing a song or two that they have learned that year. It’s lots of fun.
We do not have small holidays…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess They kinda sing in the acted out one, but not a lot. 🙂 You have got to tell me what you think when you have watched it.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@julia-r Welcome to the book club. We’ve finished voting and the chosen book is….The Hobbit. We will be starting in two day. Your Thursday, my Friday. (I’m Australian, in case you didn’t know.)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument and @jess You were talking about the Jungle Book. I’ve seen the acted out one. It is 100 times better than the animated one. (That might be because I didn’t like the animated movie….) 🙂 I like acted out movies the best. (Get ready to jump if/when you watch it)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-intrument and @jess You were talking about the Jungle Book. I’ve seen the acted out one. It is 100 times better than the animated one. (That might be because I didn’t like the animated movie….) 🙂 I like acted out movies the best. (Get ready to jump if/when you watch it)
- Load More

Wow!! Way to go, @Bluejay! Great work! Congratulations! So proud of you. 😀
@kate-flournoy Oh, thanks. 🙂 I was so shocked when it happened. 😀
Wow, @bluejay , that’s awesome! 😀
I hope we get to read some of this stuff …
@overcomer *taps side of nose* You might… *mysterious grin* 😀
And thanks. 🙂
That’s fantastic and super exciting! Congratulations! I love the fact that we have amazing KeePers who are sharing their stories. Great work! 🙂 🙂 🙂
From stories shared, we learn. 🙂 @christi-eaton I should go in for quote making. 😛
You totally should @bluejay 🙂 Who knows I may have to use some of your stuff. I love quotes, and accidentally stumbling across good ones 🙂
Sweet @bluejay! 🙂
😉 @daeus Totally (please tell me that you’ve seen Finding Nemo.)
@bluejay I have. What does that have to do with this?
@daeus How can you have watched it and still not know? *faints* Think, man, think. @julia-r Do you know?
Uum, I really don’t know. It’s been several years.
Oh okay. I’ll tell you. Actually, I’ll give you a hint. Think turtles. 🙂
Yup. Welcome to the EAC! Loved the little cameo in Finding Dory.
I got it! 😀
@christi-eaton & @julia-r Yay! You got it. 🙂
@bluejay– Awesome! That’s so cool! Writing competitions scare me. Way to be brave!
@julia-r Writing competitions can be scary. I felt sick as we were driving over. But it is a great reward for all the hard work put into story writing.
Congratulations! That’s really exciting. You keep writing those stories, and someday you’ll make a difference in the world.
@anna-brie I hope to make a difference one day. My younger sister wants to publish a set of stories about a cat called Chaos, that I’ve written, so maybe one day….
Woo Hoo! Way to go, @bluejay
@clairec Thank you. 🙂
Congratulations, @bluejay!!!!!! That is so exciting!
@hope I still can’t believe that it’s happened!!!!!!! Thanks.
@dragon-snapper Finding writing competitions is definitely hard. I only know one or two.
*grins* No worries. *takes one of the ice creams and sits licking it happily*
@dragon-snapper For some reason your comment has disappeared. 🙁 Did you want to write a new one? 😉
*sniffs pitifully* It doesn’t like me!!! Wahhh!
Anyways, I said something about finding KP in my search for writing competitions, and Congratulations!
@dragon-snapper I think it was partly my fault. Did you “reply” to the comment I sent to Hope. Cause I found a spelling error in my message, after you had posted, and so I deleted it and made a new message and it probably took yours too. You can go to you history if you wanted to find out what you said.
DUDETTE!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!! *high fives all around* SERIOUSLY AWESOME JOB! I am so proud of you! 😀 😀 😀
*returns high five* Ah, thanks Sarah. 😀 😀 😀
Oh, wow @bluejay! That’s awesome! Much applause! 😀
🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 Thank you. 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂
Yay!!! That’s so exciting! I would’ve been so nervous to go up against adults. Good for you! 🙂 Would you mind posting Chaos and The Drummer Boy? I’d sure like to read them. 🙂
@sarah-h I was nervous. Extremely nervous. I only expected a highly commended. I will definitely let you read Chaos and The Drummer Boy. I shall send them to @spradlin for publishing. (Only with Chaos, it’s a series of stories which if you read number 3. (which this one is) it won’t make much sense. I shall have to send in 1 & 2.
@bluejay Great! I can’t wait to read them! 🙂
Hey, hey! @bluejay That’s awesome! 😀 😀 😀 😀 CONGRATULATIONS. <3
Thanks @gretald
So happy for you, @bluejay! Congratulations!
@ingridrd 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 Thanks.
You rock, dude! (How’s that for a Finding Nemo reference. 😛 )
You won ALL the categories??!!
@BlueJay
Sweet…..Totally! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 There were more categories, but those four were the ones I entered. 🙂
So you won all four of the ones you entered!!
That is just…wow.
@emma-flournoy I only got an encouragement award for one of the categories. 🙂
Oh whoops…it says that. 😛
But still!
Wow–that’s awesome @bluejay! Congrats!!!
Thanks @aratrea 🙂
@jadamae Thank you. Well, I thought people might get a bit confused as we had just been told BIG news and then I said I had BIG news. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Aw @winter-rose Thank you.
You guys are all so awesome. 🙂