@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Giant carnivorous snails?
Ok, new favorite characters even though I haven’t met them yet. The idea just tickles me.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
As a reader, I generally prefer historical fiction, but I still really like fantasy.
As a writer, though I find that I like almost all genres, what I really love about fantasy and that is the one reason I will probably write more of it than some other genres is that I don’t have to stick to facts. The only thing that is important in fantasy is a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
As a reader, I generally prefer historical fiction, but I still really like fantasy.
As a writer, though I find that I like almost all genres, what I really love about fantasy and that is the one reason I will probably write more of it than some other genres is that I don’t have to stick to facts. The only thing that is important in fantasy is a…[Read more]
-
Sierra replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Any thoughts on this? Yes I do. So many.
Unfortunately I’m constrained for time by an article I’m supposed to be researching and the fact it’s my brother’s birthday, so I will limit myself to this.
Paolini is a flawed, but good writer. All of us who were hooked on the characters and their joint quest despite the writer’s obvious failings can…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury Rosey it is soooooooooo wonderful to have you back!!!! You’ve been missed if you couldn’t tell 🙂
(Looky even the crickets are applauding :p ) Look forward to seeing you round and about again! -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Yay for you!! My Mom is ISFJ and my dad is ISTJ. 🙂 It seems like most moms are ISFJ for some reason…
@Dragon-Snapper I’ve actually though of that (well, as a reader. 😛 ). One of the reasons I like completely made up stories better than historical fiction (not always, but sometimes) is that it is completely made up.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Yay for you!! My Mom is ISFJ and my dad is ISTJ. 🙂 It seems like most moms are ISFJ for some reason…
@Dragon-Snapper I’ve actually though of that (well, as a reader. 😛 ). One of the reasons I like completely made up stories better than historical fiction (not always, but sometimes) is that it is completely made up.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
ROSEY!!!!! I have so seriously missed you, seriously!! You don’t know me—I’ve always followed the forum so I know you, and I got an account earlier this year. I’m @Kate-Flournoy ‘s sister.
I love your gifs and humor. 😀 And I LOVE Blank Mastermind!! I don’t have a commenting account on your blog, but I absolutely love BM to pieces. *huge grins…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Really? Ah well, opinions. 😛
I know, it’s so fun relive it all by listening to the music. -
Daeus replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury The bestistet place reciprocates.
-
Snapper replied to the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya @Julia-r @corissa-maiden-of-praise Thanks guys! That was very helpful! 😀
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope– Thanks! Yes, ma’am. 😛 *gives Wolfgang a hug*
@Daeus– *takes an icecream* I must say, I’ve missed the bestiest place. XD
@kate-flournoy– Well, it’s good to be back. 😛 *pats Wolfgang* I might make a BM topic…
@dragon-snapper– hey hey, new little dragonling! 😀 Good to see some new faces!
@Corissa-maiden-of-praise– Yes yes little…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury OH! OH! I remember!!! (well, maybe that’s because I started it.) What can I say: I’m a dragon.
Speaking of which, why do we as writers like fantasy and made up stuff so much? Is there any explanation for being magnetized towards that stuff. I find that I like it because of my sense of adventure. And maybe that’s just how I was raised.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither old dragon nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@write-fury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither fossil nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Heyyyyy, look who’s here guys!! @Writefury I daresay no one’s forgotten you who was on here before, though there are a few newbies. 😉 So great to have you here again.
Hi Wolfgang. Don’t let anything she does to you get you down. It’ll be fine in the end, I’m sure.
At least… I think I’m sure. 😛 -
BlueJay and
Sierra are now friends 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
*thunderous applause* Welcome again, @writefury!!! Give Wolfgang a hug. Whatever you’re doing to him, he’ll need it.

-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Wow, this is enthralling, guys.
Especially where I had to go dig up a random mentioning of myself.
And MBTI.
I bet barely anyone even remembers what the starting question was.

-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago

Weeeeelll look who decided to show her avatar around here again.
Yep.
That sailboat person with the weird last name.
Mm-hmm. It’s me.
Been about 6 months, by my math.
For those of you who already know me… yep, I’m back to bug you guys, say snarky things and stick random gifs in random topics.
Exciting, right?

For those of you who are…[Read more]
- Load More
