@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus @kate-flournoy Wow, the first Elf. I’m not certain whether to feel extremely proud, or a little lonely…:)
@bluejay Yes, I write fantasy. There’s so much to this world that I figure I might as well spend all my time figuring out another, completely unreal one. But hey, nothing in the imagination is fake, right? And hopefully, the more I…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
That cult is weird.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H it’s very possible they believe that, and I think that’s disgusting. However, in my experience most dragon legends come from dinosaurs. How much have you read on that? It’s actually fascinating.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
You know it’s kinda weird because the real world is where our characters aren’t that real, but then we enter the writer’s world where are characters are people just like us and then when something happens in that world we get to the real world of writing and emotions. So strange.
@Bluejay YES. And that, dear girl, is the reason I write. The r…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy I’m not sure it is going to be all right. He’s DEAD. *weeps harder* Just wait till you read it. I’ll have you all crying buckets of tears. At least I hope. I mean it would be dreadful if Ernst died and you didn’t shed even one tear.
@kate-flournoy Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m not sure I like the real world. You know it’s kinda…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Bluejay There there. It’s going to be all right. *hands you tissues*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Nope, we’re good. *grins*
See @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, this is what I’m talking about. Talking like this in front of normal people— like they know about the people inside your head and actually believe they’re as real as they are to you. 😀
@Bluejay well now you’re stuck. Tears are the point of no return. Hope you never had any delusions…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Nope, we’re good. *grins*
See @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, this is what I’m talking about. Talking like this in front of normal people— like they know about the people inside your head and actually believe they’re as real as they are to you. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Corissa/Anne I don’t know if I’ve ever asked myself that question. I might have. I ask myself a lot of questions, but can’t generally remember them.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, I’m not sure I’ve ever said it like that, but I was weeping yesterday because I had just killed one of my characters. I hated doing it, but he kinda just made it happen. It was who he was. When I had finished writing it, I wanted to delete that part and bring him back, but I’m not sure Enrst would be too pleased with me. Oh…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy *hands you WD-40* Here, spray this all over yourself. He’ll like you then.
I’m really sorry about that, by the way. If you want me to have a talk with him, I can.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya *nods vigorously*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus well he was really minor so that’s no surprise. And you didn’t pick on him, so really, he doesn’t dislike you.
Which is the closest he ever gets to liking anyone. So you’re gonna be fine, I promise. He hates me, and that’s… interesting.@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise I meant more, have you ever just flat out said ‘”Such and such a character…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus Ciaran doesn’t want to watch anything about the king of anything unless that king is Dolan. He’s…yeah. And you can give YouTube?? Wow.
Personally though, I think the cabin guests would rather just call us…like they do. Same or less amount of time, especially if you don’t have wifi in your cabin. 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yep. Youtube, Emma.
@kate-flournoy I have? This is an existential crisis moment. But he disliked me a little? That’s. Absolutely. Terrible! *hides in a hole and covers top* What if I gave him youtube. Then he could watch the king of random and oh! he would be so happy and would no doubt love me for it. Right? Right?
Right?
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yep. Youtube, Emma.
@kate-flouroy I have? This is an existential crisis moment. But he disliked me a little? That’s. Absolutely. Terrible! *hides in a hole and covers top* What if I gave him youtube. Then he could watch the king of random and oh! he would be so happy and would no doubt love me for it. Right? Right?
Right?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal
Greetings, elf. It is not often we meet one of the fair people. In fact, we’ve not had an elf for a millennia, not that I would know. I’m a dragonling, but not quite as big as Smaug and not as small as @kate-flournoy. No, I’m about the size of the average Night Fury (and that’s saying something, seeing as there is only one Night Fury)…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus Meh…who knows if they look at the manuals. Some of them, probably. Guess we don’t really have that much of a prob about it…just seems when we do, what they’re asking was already explained on the manual. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha! But unfortunately you’ve already met him, and fortunately he didn’t take any extreme disliking to you, and unfortunately again this world does not have WD-40, which is suppose is irrelevant now.
@DaeusAnd for this topic… sometimes I forget my characters aren’t really there. I mean, not REALLY forget, but I’ll just be talking and some…[Read more]
- Load More
