@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@Writefury yeah. What she said. 😛 We pretty much speak for each other on most things.
And that Studio C is hilarious; I can definitely see how that contributed.
All I can say about Blank Mastermind is, I’ve been so busy lately I’ve had to shut the tabs to most of my favorite blogs, but yours stayed open and I refresh it like fifty times every…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
What can I say other than wow, wow, wow, and wow forever? I absolutely love this story. Any of you who haven’t been following it, you’ll have a lot to catch up on, but it’ll be worth it, I promise!! *clasps hands in passionate appeal*
Rosey, was Wolfgang inspired by anyone in particular?
I must say, you are the BEST (by which I mean WORST!!!) at…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic James Fenimore Cooper in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm Gotcha. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm 😀 actual reptiles— I just called them magpies because of their hoarding habit.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Writefury hm… not often, actually. Probably because I write fantasy and scifi and such; completely out of the realm of reality. 😛
That’s really cute though. -
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago

Amnesia is annoying. The poor hero has to find out everything about his wonderful life again and re-meet all the lovely people he knew before, then go to stop the villain.
But what if the life that starts showing itself isn’t wonderful, the people aren’t lovely and the villain is… yourself?
Yes, this thing.
Mm-hmm.
So, a few o…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Just sort of on the imagination topic… how much do you guys make reference to something in real life that only you would get in your writings?
Like in my stuff, there are a ton of easter eggs I could list that only me or my family members would get. -
Jackson Graham posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
I like your profile photo. It looks like something from a Frank Peretti novel. 🙂
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I agree on the magic dragon part. Not much of a fan. In my books that I’m writing (which book 1 is going to come out summer of ’17) my dragons just breathe fire and wreak havoc (no magic included).
You need to read the Peleg Chronicles. I gobbled the whole trilogy in 2 days. Great writing.
Were those “magpie” dragons…[Read more] -
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@sarah-hoven
I agree on the magic dragon part. Not much of a fan. In my books that I’m writing (which book 1 is going to come out summer of ’17) my dragons just breathe fire and wreak havoc (no magic included).
You need to read the Peleg Chronicles. I gobbled the whole trilogy in 2 days. Great writing.
Were those “magpie”…[Read more] -
Jackson Graham replied to the topic James Fenimore Cooper in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I have not read his other books besides Last of the Mohicans—but I really want to as soon as possible. They are on my to read list. 🙂 I’m sure us writers can all identify with that list.
His books are actually really clean except for the violence, which was pretty graphic. If you’re ok with that, then I highly recommend his w…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes Anna, I’ll be praying.
-
Emma Flournoy and
Rolena Hatfield are now friends 9 years, 10 months ago -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anna-brie Yes I’ll be in prayer.
-
Sierra replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Hail and well met, Ethryndal! Welcome to the Forum community. I wish you all the best in your quest for a non-cardboard sword. Might I suggest suggesting the plastic-but-nearly-unbreakable Cold Steel swords on Amazon to your mom? Slightly less likely to inflict mortal injury than their metal counterparts (though I did make a boy’s lip bleed.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Sure, Anna.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H New Age is one of the weirdest things I’ve ever come across, so none of that surprises me in the least.
I haven’t read the Peleg Chronicles, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.
Dinosaur dragons are really fun though. And did you know that there were little tiny ‘magpie’ dragons (in Old Saxony, I think) who hoarded colorful…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Awwww no, I’m so sorry to hear that. We just had a family through our church have a child go through a cancer battle. I’ll pray for your friends.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Awwww no, I’m so sorry to hear that. We just had a family through our church have a child go through a cancer battle. I’ll pray for you friends.
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Alright, I’m done. Goodnight! 🙂
- Load More

@warrioroftherealm Come to think of it. You’re right. I just thought that Cap vs. Iron Man doesn’t fit the type of fiction I write. Thus . . . guy standing over dead body in the middle of the night.