@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy If you ever want to share some of those wonderful ideas, feel free. *smiles* 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus ME TOO!! I didn’t think anybody else did that. 😛 Listening to a sermon has become practically hazardous for me now. I’ll get home and furiously race to scribble references and notes and possible foils and different thematic scenarios in my notebook.
And that has at least two other positives, completely aside from writing— it makes me…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H Don’t worry, I’m not planning to start a huge argument. 😀 But may I ask, why don’t you consider Trump evil and corrupt if you know he’s led an ungodly life and is worldly?
Also what do you take to mean he’s pro-Christian? I know he’s said things that sound like it, but he’s also said he’s never asked God for forgiveness, and that he…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
Awww…so sweet. 😀
I really need to read those books someday. Do you think they’d be in a small town library? *small sigh because I most likely know the answer*Oh and I remembered the gang member I was thinking of earlier—Chris. Does he have any part to play? I don’t know that much about him.
By the way, I love nearer the front of the story…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
Awww…so sweet. 😀
I really need to read those books someday. Do you think they’d be in a small town library? *small sigh because I most likely know the answer*Oh and I remembered the gang member I was thinking of earlier—Chris. Does he have any part to play? I don’t know that much about him.
By the way, I love nearer the front of the story…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer I can join you.
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I’m going to be researching/studying/taking notes for 2 hours, which I guess, sorta counts as writing, if anyone wants to join me. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk I actually get most of my writing ideas from sermons. I tend to approach my stories by starting out with a very basic plot idea and then filling in the rest of it by coming at it from a thematic viewpoint. Sermons being filled with heaps of good thematic material, I tend to come away with lots of plot ideas.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya @michael-stanton
I suppose it would be helpful to a degree. I think the disadvantages would outweigh those however. For one, a person may be super helpful with ten subjects, but not with five and so they would get tagged for stuff they don’t know much about. Also, people would use it too often. Especially considering that the most…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal's profile was updated 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper My trusty bow is with me at all times, protecting me from topics that might addle the brain, or dragons that may seek to melt my chair or phone.
@writefury I have a habit of making obscure references from my book that even my family doesn’t get because I think I’ve written it, but I really haven’t…they sometimes think I’ve lost…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’m afraid I haven’t had that problem, or whatever you want to call that. I really only talk to my stuff, and other people. My conversations are with my things. Its a good thing they never talk back, though, because that could get interesting.
@writefury Well, my writing is littered with it, though I can use a sentence every…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy– Again, that came from Fergus. Fergus is the shieldbearer for Lord McDougal (a total goofball of a lord) and Fergus takes his job deadly serious. He always calls McDougal ‘sir’, he’s always the voice of logic, he rarely smiles and his loyalty is really unmatched. Really, such a serious guy, but he’s the biggest sweetheart. Quite…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Thanks guys.
@Anna-Brie Will do. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@Writefury I can definitely see the Horatio in Dallas, but Dallas is sweeter. I love it that way. 😀
I don’t know any of those other characters, except Hiccup, from awhile ago.
Why did you decide to make a sidekick this way, instead of just hilarious? It’s so nice. 😀 Though we’ve never actually seen him doing sidekick business, with his hero, so…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H I don’t remember… it was a very old, vague account and I read it a long time ago. I think they were somewhere around the size of a turkey, and I don’t think they could fly, though they were said to be very colorful. Fun thinking about, isn’t it? 😀 Greedy, colorful, turkey-sized dinosaurs… XD
I know!
…And it’s really funny, if…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy– d’awww <3

Character inspiration… that’s a quite interesting topic, actually. Let’s list…
Wolfgang- Narration voice was strongly inspired by Sage from the Ascendance Trilogy (I just really loved how I could be reading the most boring scene in the whole book and still be grinning and unable to put it down because the…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@sierra-r The boy probably deserved it. 🙂
And I looked up the Cold Steel swords. They are not $300, so I’m actually feeling a slight shred of hope!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
No, I LIKE this first person narration! What I just said was the ONLY sad thing about it. 😛 I generally just don’t like the style of first person. But this is NOT bland at all.
Oh and @Writefury , your villain is so. much. nicer. than the one in the video. That one’s funny, yeah, but I just adore the fact that Wolfy wants to be good, and start…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@Writefury yeah. What she said. 😛 We pretty much speak for each other on most things.
Except I’m not sad about the first person POV. *glares at Emma, arches eyebrow* Don’t be picky, sister. Don’t be picky. First person POV can be lovely.And that Studio C is hilarious; I can definitely see how that contributed.
All I can say about Blank…[Read more]
- Load More
