@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@hope @Daeus – Yes, I agree with the villain things you said. I always like the point that villains aren’t born with an insatiable desire for world-dominance. Something has to instigate it. Besides being born with sin-nature like everyone else, we don’t really have villains from the cradle.
@kate-flournoy – I do like being able to hop from…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya – So, I came on here and was scrolling down the list and saw movies that I’ve seen but I never thought others would. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers to name one. Some of my favorites are
– The Princess Bride
– Beyond the Mask
– How To Train Your Dragon 2
– Ever After (the best Cinderella movie I’ve ever seen! Really good you should…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H no, I hadn’t. That’s so cool. *goes and scribbles down ‘glow-in-the-dark dragons’ in her notebook* This could be really fun. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I like the last four choices— without the ‘the’.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes to the villain things, @Hope @Daeus. Also the Kylo Ren example is a little more drastic than we usually deal with— after all, we’re usually dealing with humans, not jedi, and humans can have compassion without completely ruining their reputation as a bad guy because compassion is just compassion, not ‘the light side’. But good example just…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@hope – That’s okay. I’m at my grandma’s house, and I can always reload on sweets here. You are right about the extra words. I still haven’t gone home yet, so no writing been done today, so I might only have the evening to write. Ah, what’s another late night in the grand scheme of things. I think my whole life has been training me for NANOWRIMO.…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal. Blerp.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper – Yes along with all my metal thingys in my pockets I usually have paper and a pen and pencil. I don’t carry notebooks in my pocket because they get bent. You carry a saddlebag around? I carry a backpack to basically everywhere, even church, but it’s so cool! @corissa-maiden-of-praise has the same one I do, and instead of things…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I agree with Hope. Good villains aren’t just villains with lots of soft spots, humor, tough pasts, or good intentions. Good villains have to be absolutely evil. Using my good buddy Kylo Ren again, he killed the jedi, killed his dad, was fine with the first order completely obliterating ten planets and everyone on them, had fits of rage, and tried…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Sorry, flat out of dark chocolate. Almost out of Pringels now too, which is my salty snack of choice.
I am up to 20,000 words though and I’m hoping to write an extra 1000 or so today so I will have more freedom later on in the month around Thanksgiving…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I so want to read a book like that. And, if no one writes it, I may have to undertake the task myself. Someday. 😉
As for my bad guys, I like to make them quite bad and yet human at the same time. I want the readers to be able to see why they made the choices they did, and how the choices got them to where they are now.…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I’m done now, @jess , sorry. :/
-
Snapper replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @Michael-Stanton @mark-kamibaya About the smiley faces, there are a thing I’ll point out. If someone is new, how can they end up helping people and yet they don’t have a lot of smiley faces?
-
Emma Flournoy and
Anne of Lothlorien are now friends 9 years, 10 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Aw, Madam Blueberry! I love that one, and thanks to you, I’ll be singing the Thankful Heart song all day. 😀
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy – True about human people. Hee hee. I mean my evil is not a presence/spirit, but a real person with the qualities that human’s normally have.
@kate-flournoy @Daeus – It is so much more interesting to write complex people for villains. @hope had a writing prompt on twitter or pinterest about a villain who is working undercover in a…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Definitely human. I feel that they can be more complex and rounded that way, not just an average badguy.
And about your lunch, that is hilarious! Although it’s probably not something I would do, it’s still funny. I’d probably say something snappy (hence Dragon Snapper). And yes, I did ask the question, and I can hardly write…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Definitely human. I feel that they can be more complex and rounded that way, not just an average badguy.
And about your lunch, that is hilarious! Although it’s probably not something I would do, it’s still funny. I’d probably say something snappy (hence Dragon Snapper). And yes, I did ask the question, and I can hardly write…[Read more] -
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yay you! The episode is Madame Blueberry
@Kate-flournoy Here’s some tissues. Soft lotion ones too. You’re welcome
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy – I didn’t really like I See Fire. I Like the alternated version they do of “The Misty Mountains” in one of the credits though.
@Mark-Kamibaya @emma-flournoy I was kinda disappointed in The Battle of the Five Armies too. I never liked the Tariel/Kili thing in the fact that they added it, but when I was immersed in the movie world I…[Read more]
- Load More
