@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Leumeister started the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys.
Well, as you can see, I’m new here. I think, from what I’ve seen, that the community is pretty friendly here, and that’s always good! 😀
So anyway, I come from Australia, like writing Science or Modern Fiction (I prefer Sci-Fi, though. :P), I enjoy animating and 3D modelling in Blender, composing music, and…that’s pretty much it. I…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 10 months ago
Logan Black sounds almost like a villain. It may be because of the last name Black.
Gabriella Kamiyama sounds like a good guy, except the Kamiyama could throw some people.
Blake Aricson… I’d say hero, but I could be wrong.
Daren Azimalik…. Villain. I think villain.
Jonah Cnnatonus. I have no idea with this one. He could be bad luck on a…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@his-instrument UP; Dug to Mr. Fredrickson. I love that movie. 🙂
“This is what we look like. Some of us. Others look different.”
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hannah-r UP; Dug to Mr. Fredrickson. I love that movie. 🙂
“This is what we look like. Some of us. Others look different.”
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya
This is really all part of my opinion; I don’t like Frozen, 1) because I think it is way overrated, and although I’ve only seen it twice, I can’t get hooked. 2) although the theme was new when Frozen was made, it’s rubbed off onto other movies, and I like my movies to be different. I don’t want to be able to compare two or more. 3)…[Read more] -
Leumeister replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal, @jess, @kate-flournoy That’s interesting insight you had. Really interesting.
The actual alignment of these characters are:
James Manning: Hero
Pandora Flynn: Hero
Amadeus Janssen: Villain
Marcus Coleman: Villain
Jackson Levi: Hero
It was interesting hearing your opinions on their names. 😀
-
Leumeister replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal, @jess, @kate-flournoy That’s interesting insight you had. Really interesting.
The actual alignment of these characters are:
James Manning: Hero
Pandora Flynn: Hero
Amadeus Janssen: Villain
Marcus Coleman: Villain
Jackson Levi: Hero
It was interesting hearing your opinions on it. 😀
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 10 months ago
That’s not actually the beginning. 😛 I just uploaded a sample taken from somewhere in the middle. Thanks for your input, though! 😀
@Daeus: I didn’t think so. :/ I would need “beta-readers” though, so I could probably upload to Dropbox and link it here… Is that allowed? I used to go on a forum where any external links were not allowed.:…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, you can’t upload files here. I wouldn’t recommend it anyways. An excerpt is fine, but most people aren’t going to check out a whole book. That is, unless they want to beta read for you.
And nice to meet you, @leumeister. You should stop by the “Start Here” forum so we can all say hi. And I will return to read your excerpt. It will probably…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 10 months ago
Ooh, I especially like Pandora Flynn. I would say she and Jackson Levi sound like the villains to me.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Well let’s see…
I would guess that Amadeus Janssen and Pandora Flynn are villains, and James Manning and Marcus Coleman are good guys. I can’t decide about Jackson Levi (maybe because I started overthinking it 🙂 ) but the name kind of hits me as being able to go both ways; a dashing, flamboyant hero, or a dashing, flamboyant villain.
🙂
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
I have just started writing quality songs. Note how I said quality. 🙂 The stuff I came up with before was not up to par…
I have been playing piano for around 9 years and I am currently learning guitar and voice. I also play with some other random instruments, like some bongos (and other drums), Irish penny whistles, and…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 10 months ago
How do these names sound?
James Manning
Pandora Flynn
Amadeus Janssen
Marcus Coleman
Jackson Levi
I’ve used these names in a story I’m writing. Can you tell who the protagonists are and which are the villains? 😀 😛
-
Louise Fowler and
Leumeister are now friends 9 years, 10 months ago -
Leumeister started the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 10 months ago
Hello. I’ve been writing this story series called Aquila, which is kind of a Star Wars-y story, sans aliens, the Force, and Lightsabers. The premise is a corrupt government, which I call the United Federation of Systems (UFS), has been in power too long, and a rebellion has formed, which I am thinking of calling either the Resistance, or CO.UP.,…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Augh, I knew that. Knew it was sweeter and sadder sounding.
All right.
‘Just take what’s given and say goodbye.’
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Writefury @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise technically you’re both right! I did mean it as what Rosey guessed, but Eustace works too. 😀
@Emma-Flournoy, it’s ‘Just take what’s given and say goodbye.’
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
‘Just take what’s given, and go.’
Or…something to that effect.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@Writefury Aw, Dallas… you know. 😛 Poor, thoughtful guy! I love how he immediately thought it was Wolfy who did it when the bomb malfunctioned.
What made you decide to do a scene from his POV?
Also I love his and Amazing Man’s relationship. 😀Ah. Poor old Chris.
And that’s hilarious about Bad News and Baymax!! The picture, too. 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I’m done! Done with my novella and I wrote almost 7000 words today!
- Load More
