@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Snapper replied to the topic Children story ideas in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay Well, are you going to be doing a story in modern times or back whenever? That’s the first question you should ask yourself. Then, whichever time frame you decide to use, think what some problems a child might go through are in that setting. That’s if you want to come up with anything…just a starting point.
As for ideas, I’ve got…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Alia yes, now that you mention it, I definitely see that.
-
BlueJay started the topic Children story ideas in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys. I have found it very hard to come up with an idea for a child’s book. The idea needs to be about “real” people doing “real” things – no witches, wizards, ghosts, goblins, fairies or
their ilk. Stories about animals are fine; stories with talking animals are not. the story must be 500-1500 words in length and aimed at 5-8 year olds.…[Read more] -
Leumeister replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 10 months ago
Of course I don’t mind. Everybody’s entitled to their own opinion. 🙂
-
Leumeister's profile was updated 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@alia: That sounds like a fairly common disease, unfortunately. : Well then, see what I had written to @emma-flournoy 😀 Have you ever done any exams? (is that even a thing in the U.S?)
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Ah, I see. Scraps from life in a book. A scrapbook. Scrapbooking! 😛
XD LOL, I must be a pretty good baker then! XD
It’s mostly satire and comedy, but he has done a few serious books. His most famous stories are about Jeeves & Wooster, a butler and a rich upperclassman, respectively. His golfing short stories are great too.…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Ah, I see. Scraps from life in a book. A scrapbook. Scrapbooking! 😛
XD LOL, I must be a pretty good baker then! XD
It’s mostly satire and comedy, but he has done a few serious books. His most famous stories are about Jeeves & Wooster, a butler and a rich upperclassman, respectively.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh packet cakes! I think we call those boxed cake mixes in my house. I’m telling ya, it takes some good baking talent to make those things, it is possible to mess even those up :p
Hmmm… I’ve never heard of P.G. Wodehouse. What genre is it? -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister
Scrapbooking… it’s taking memorable “scraps” from your life, say a photo or a concert ticket and putting it along with creative accessories into a book. (similar to a photo book)
Mine usually ends up with lots of glitter in it. It’s enjoyable and a fun way to save your memories. And sometimes uses lots of stickers, which is okay…[Read more] -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@alia: Thank you! How long have you been playing? 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
*cringe* I don’t know what to say. Are there any generic answers I can plagiarize?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus ha. 😀
… I believe that’s called plagiarism… XD
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy: Well, if you’re ever in a real funk and need major inspiration, just search for violinists on YouTube. Some of my favourites are Lindsey Stirling, Taylor Davis and Taryn Harbridge. They do a lot of Lord of the Rings and other movie soundtrack covers.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I mean, I like the idea of animals, and I like the way some animals look, and the different things different animals can symbolize, but as a pet person? No. Having to relate on an emotional level with any animal just freaks me out.
Hey, folks. I added a new section to my bio. Go check it out.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I mean, I like the idea of animals, and I like the way some animals look, and the different things different animals can symbolize, but as a pet person? No. Having to relate on an emotional level with any animal just freaks me out. Therefore, animal movies can be a special kind of torture.
Hey, folks. I added a new section to my bio. Go check it out.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Don’t swallow those!!!! I just gave you them.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys @Mark-Kamibaya @everyone I just watched a new one, and since we’re talking about themes I thought I’d bring this up, because the theme was particularly strong.
Um… it was the new live action Jungle Book. Before you stone me, let me just confess I wasn’t expecting to be too impressed either. For one, I am NOT an animal person. I mean, I…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Wow, this one is a good one. I can’t.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus *gulp*
- Load More
