@loopylin
Active 1 week ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3962
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
haha! Nope, no electricity.
It’s a mix. The more advanced kingdoms have a middle-ages feel, while the others are more Roman, old Britania, etc.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
yeah, just about.
very cool!! what time period exactly? Evidently empires and kingdoms are still a thing, and they don’t have any form of electricity yet.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I see, that makes sense. XD
I’m assuming this means your story’s setting is basically an alternate Europe. Is the Common Tongue an English equivalent or something else?
yeah, just about.
Yes, English.
ohhhhh ok! I like the style, it makes it different than the other two
Good. That’s the goal.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle ehh sometimes the chapters get buried in my emails cause I’m busy and don’t get the chance to read them. When you post a new one then I’m able to go back through the ones I’ve missed.
I always imagined a modern-day Heinrich would walk around in a trench coat with glasses and would most likely have a spattering of freckles. 😂😂
LOL…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
True, true 😂
And it has a lot to do with–––––
You’re just going to leave me hanging? XD
Ahh, gotcha.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Yay!!! *dance of victory*
😂😂😂 Talk about a rude awakening!
Lolol.
Well, Leon was hit in the face!!
I’m interested in Leon’s backstory more now. He seems to be hiding something from Julian and the others. It will be interesting to see him go back to where he used to fight.
idk if I’d say hiding it as much as hates to talk abo…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
“When I read the gospels, it was clear that they were written by four different men, and that being so, those four different men record what they saw, how they saw it, and what details they believe were most important,” Heinrich explained. “Matthew, for instance, has a long genealogy in the beginning of his account and writes everything in a clear…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
@liberty cool!!! Haven’t heard of this WIP yet, what’s it about?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
also, the half-Roman, half-German culture is honestly really cool. Do you think you’ll create a hybrid Latin-Germanic language for them? (It’s not like English isn’t already basically that though, lol)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle the style you’ve taken for that latest section is interesting! although I’m a little confused, are these letters to someone or more like journal entries?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Great section!! I think you pulled it off. It doesn’t feel too odd or confusing. We are told when the time is passing by, and given a few details, and then the winter is over.
and the other down Julian’s back while he lay sleeping.
😂😂😂 Talk about a rude awakening!
I’m interested in Leon’s backstory more now. He seems to be hidi…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@hybridlore @linus-smallprint @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty
NEXT SECTION!!!
Imperial Winters are not very exciting, so I’m going to try to cover the whole time in this next section. We’ll see if I can pull it off.
The fifteenth year of Emperor Haidronias’s reign
December 2nd
The EmpireEarly this morning, I wa…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Well, I’m guessing someone is going to get thrown into a colosseum. You have five guys there…some of them are bound to get hurt…or killed. It just has to happen.
*shocked gasp* what have I ever done to my characters to make you think such dreadful things!
They technically don’t have a “Colosseum”. Just arenas and amphi…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
lolol.
So, any thoughts on the third section? You only mentioned the first and second.
Any guesses concerning the future?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Character Sketches in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
haha! I was hoping to pull it off! I’ve never drawn anyone quite like her. I’m so happy you like her!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
That section from Aelic reminds me so much of the “Winter King”! So far, I think his salvation story was the best! Well, there weren’t that many details concerning Roland and the others… anyway, that’s what I think.
Funny thing is, I wrote this first, so when I read that I was thinking “this sounds so much like Aelic!” LOL
I’m…[Read more]
- Load More
