-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@introvert_girl Come to think of it, there are a lot of inanimate things that do have tragic backstories! Lol. Actually once I was daydreaming about the stressful life of a used book being shipped from place to place. So yeah I know where you’re coming from
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Makes sense! Next time I’m working on my novella/KP adventure, I’ll definitely stop by! 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g Have you found a place to stay??
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@introvert_girl LOL Did that happen?!
-
Joy replied to the topic I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@photobloggergal Thanks, glad you like them! I use my Dad’s camera, too. It’s a Nikon Koolpix P510. I used that to take the refinery picture. And I used my phone to take the koi fish picture. And both of them are tweaked with Photoshop 🙂
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Homework for Videos 6-8: Developing Character Arcs in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 10 months ago
@aratrea Thanks for this video! I love characters and positive character arcs, and I hope to show change in a realistic way for readers to relate to. Thanks so much for teaching this in such a good and understandable way! It’s worth a lot 🙂
1. The characteristic moment
Protagonist argues with her parents as they pack to move across the kingdom…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Discussion for Video Six: Positive Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 8 years, 10 months ago
I’m not sure if I have a favorite positive character arc, so I’m going to go with The Horse and His Boy, which has three amazing ones: Shasta, Aravis, and Bree. Shasta perhaps changes more outwardly than inwardly, but his views about adults and lying and such change dramatically as he turns from slave boy to prince. Aravis goes from a haughty…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
…Well obviously I need to tag someone…
@emily @sage-g @winter-rose @dragon-snapper @seekjustice
A reply earlier:
Hey y’all! I am fairly new to the writer’s corner. What happens here? Is it basically where you chat with fellow writers while you’re writing?
Oh, and @catwing, what on Taranar is a “Word War?”
Nobody answered, so I tagged a bit 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@photobloggergal I was just on your blog! Those are so beautiful!! Like that one where the kids are running into the forest… <3 <3 <3 And the one where they’re hugging each other! So cute! Oh, and of course that one with the pumpkin! 🙂 What kind of camera do you use?
Here are a couple of my photos. I like photographing nature and a…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Jewelry Business Name in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@Shannon Eh, I’m too late. 😀 I was going to say though, I like the name a lot, but from seeing your jewelry I wouldn’t automatically think ‘Texas’; the name Texas Trinkets puts in my mind more kinda Western styles than what you do. So it doesn’t quite seem to fit all the stuff you do. I’m not saying change the name, but I was going to put it out…[Read more]
-
Grace H. started the topic Gospel-related themes in our writing in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi everybody! (First post in a new forum category. Feel like a pioneer :D)
So I’ve heard people talk on this site about writing that points to the truth of the gospel. What are some creative ways we could do this in our fiction writing, even if we don’t say/mention the gospel outright?
One thing I can think about at the moment is the idea of…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@princessfoo Book #9 — nice! It’s pretty hard to say which ones I enjoy the most. Personally I would say Book #10, and Book #1 of Brotherband Chronicles is just hilarious, although I’m not sure I can call it my favorite compared to all the others. Also I find it surprising that you think there should be a follow-up to Book 12. Apart from ___, I…[Read more]
-
Emily D replied to the topic Why hello, my fellow writers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@0-0Enyali0-0 Hey Enyali! Welcome. Lovely to meet you 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Oh, heheh! Sorry! *apologetic grin*
-
Joy replied to the topic Why hello, my fellow writers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@0-0enyali0-0 😮😮😮😮😮
How did you do that?!
-
Emily D replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-Christ Loving the look of your synopsis! How exciting!
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@destiny Nice photos! The human picture looks like steampunk. Is that intentional? I love steampunk 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@introvert_girl Really? You like that name? It doesn’t roll naturally off the tongue like other names do. Like “Shaavra” or “Nyssa.”
Deh-KREEL. Duh-KREEL… DEK-reel?? Never could figure it out how to pronounce it. 😛
Whoever named me wasn’t being very creative XD
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello, @destiny! Ooh, another Aethasia! Have you been aquainted with @lady-iliara or @aislinn-mollisong? I believe they are also Aethasians. I’m not – I’m a Taranaran.
Thanks for stopping by!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose I’m out now. I reached 70,000 words tonight! YAAASSS!! 😀
Only 30,000ish to go!
Goodnight and goodluck!
- Load More
