-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!
@shannon I’m the younger sis.
@emily I haven’t read those before, what’s it about? My favourite books right now are from Story Theives.
As for hobbies I enjoy drawing and spending time with my cats.
@seekjustice USA. Also I used to think I was an INFP a little over a year ago, but it helped to look into…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic I Gotta Get Me Some Writing Books in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 9 months ago
@Winter-Rose The Character and Emotion Thesauruses by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi are some of my favorite books ever, but they’re not really “writing” books in the traditional sense of the word. Everything else I’ve read is K.M. Weiland.
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@notawriter yo
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey, @NotAWriter , welcome to KP! I have a profound respect for your kind; sometimes, I think they know more about storytelling than the actual authors do. You’re an artist, eh? We have a few of those hanging around here, myself included. What kind of stuff do you like to draw?
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy Does Daniel write? I don’t think I’ve seen him write…
@notawriter Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!!
I also LOVE drawing, journaling, and daydreaming about characters and stories I’ll never write! I have always loved stories. I’m not sure I’ve ever carved homemade stamps though…
My favorite Bible verse is pr…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhhkayy that was a long list XD
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths That actually makes more sense LOL
-
Joy replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 My favorite kind of music right now is actually instrumental music. My favorite albums/collections are:
- Fresh Aire — a series of eight albums of cheesy electronic music. Some of it is too cheesy to me, and all the rest is AWESOME. I listen to it as I write the KPA
- Windham Hill’s Winter Solstice — Also a series. I have volumes…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@NotAWriter Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet!
As far as I know, I’m the only other non-writer on here. *wrings your hand quite crazily* Very good to have ya! Learning and talking about it with writer sisters is awesome. @Kate-Flournoy ‘s mine (older), and her characters are ones I daydream about. 😉
Do you have a favorite book?
-
Joy replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@daughteroftheking XD XD XD I totally heard David Attenborough’s voice as I read yours XD
@ethryndal @shannon Oh, it is true! I was attacked very quickly as a newbie.
I loved it XD
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Shannon I remember when I first wrote my introduction post a year ago. I’m pretty sure that within half an hour, it already had eight replies. It was nerve-wracking. XD
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
I love Einaudi’s Nuvole Bianche too! I also love I Giorni SO. MUCH. And Melodia Africana III, Passagio and I could go on and on.
-
itisastarrynight and
introvert_girl are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m currently reading How to Market a Book by Joanna Penn so I may check those out when I’m finished reading her book. 🙂 I try not to read too many marketing books at once because it overwhelms me.
You are braver than I (the last time I took the test I got 88% introverted). 😉 I like the business card idea since it wouldn’t take me…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Aw, that’s okay. Thanks for your support! 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@lifeofkatie I’ve never much cared for Facebook myself, but I like Pinterest and Instagram.
Aw, yes, patience (that’s not always one of my strong points). 🙃
I haven’t done much personal stuff on Instagram or my blog, so that’s probably something I should try.
Oh, I’m glad I’m not the only person with that problem (I thought I was the only one)!…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I’ve written down a list of various marketing goals for 2018. I’d like to have an audience of around 150 by 2019. Do you think that’s too high? I’d like to make a living from my art/writing someday, but right now my main goal is just to earn a little extra cash on the side.
Hmm… A marketing coach. That sounds like a good idea, but I’m n…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@aratrea My main focus is art, writing, and fiction. However, I can write on a variety of topics. I have The Christian Writer’s Market Guide but it’s very outdated, so I’ll probably invest my Christmas cash in the 2018 edition (I do own the 2016 Children’s Writers and Illustrators Market Guide, but most of the magazines are secular and I prefer to…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@princesswriter Cool! 😃 Which country was your favorite to visit?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
- Load More
