-
Joy replied to the topic The Semi-Grand Return of the Ink Rose in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bethanysinkyroses Oh, and yeah! There’s a whole topic for prayer requests!
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
This is such a cool idea! I’d love to share some of the things I’ve learned and discovered…
How I get over writer’s block by summoning inspiration
Every single book I write I get writer’s block at least twice. It’s not fun. Because I really want to write, but the words won’t come or I just don’t feel inspired at the moment. Here’s what I do w…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic ANYONE ELSE GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018?! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*gasps in shock* i can’t believe most of you haven’t heard of it! It’s so awesome! It’s a Christian writing conference for fantasy and sci-fi writers, and they have a special session for teens. you can check it out at realmmakers.net.
sorry, i don’t know any portal mechanics 😜
@aratrea you should definitely go!
-
Joy replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
I’ve got rhythm in my blood and melodies in my thoughts.
That would actually make a good first line XD
@shannon Is your family a musical family?
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99Â *wails* I KNEW IT WAS TOO LONG!
It’s okay. Um…. That’s a problem. Cuz everything I write ends up either very long or very short XD
TAKE TWO!
How to Make Action Scenes Interesting
Instead of just focusing on the action itself, like who did what etc., focus on what the character is feeling. Otherwise it will just sound…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
And as you asked us to tag other Kapeefers….
@shannon @seekjustice @jane-maree @inkling-for-christ @jenwriter17 @daughteroftheking @bethanysinkyroses @princessfoo @introvert_girl @lady-iliara @KAPEEFERS! (I’m so glad Daniel found that word X) )
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Do they have to be thought over? How thought over? How long does it have to be?
Sorry about all the questions!!
I’ll give it a try…
How to Make Action Scenes Interesting
It can be a fight scene, a chase scene, an argument or even a celebration. My advice: Put the spotlight on the characters, their feelings and their…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic ANYONE ELSE GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018?! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yeah…that’s a ways a way from me too, although I have heard of it before…
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to (realistically) kill a dragon in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
I find this conversation very depressing. 😉
Okay….soooooo.
I actually think that everyone else covered it. The one kill-dragon scene I wrote was terrible–perhaps I should have asked this question myself.Besides, I can’t give away information on how to take down my comrades.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ice cream and Raspberries in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 @sam-kowal @inkling-for-christ The Ice cream and raspberries were originally made popular by Daeus, just because he loved them and made mention of them at random times. I incorporated that into the LOKD, which is the first (as far as I know) of the Kapeefer Literature. 😀
Does that answer your question?
-
Joy replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@alia I get ya X)
That’s a beautiful song! Sorry I didn’t reply sooner…
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
And signing off *siiigghhhh…..*
-
Joy replied to the topic ANYONE ELSE GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018?! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing @jenwriter17 I haven’t heard of it, but it sounds awesome! Unfortunately I won’t be coming.
Jen, I’m excited for you!! I know that feeling where you just wanna squeal about it. Have fun!! Hope you meet Nadine Brandes (whoever she is…)!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice I’ll miss you!!
@winter-rose @dragon-snapper @catwing @aislinn-mollisong @emily @shannon @supermonkey42 I’m here. Again…
-
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper Write a book, probably
@catwing A cabin. She hates being ostentatious. (welll, sometimes she loves it…)
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Sector One: Insurrection – Betas in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I am neck-deep in school assignments right now and wading through a pile of books I desperately want to read, so at the present moment I’m afraid I’ll have to decline. I’m glad you have enough though! Sorry I didn’t reply sooner- for some reason email kicked it into spam, even though I thought I fixed that. *scowls at technology in…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Merry Christmas and Happy Plot Holes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily I slightly struggled with this issue as well, but researching the three act structure/the heros journey helped me out, as introvert_girl sugjested. However, I think, consider this: Your story is about your character, right? You want your character to get from point A to point C.
Consider giving your character a character arc. Then for area…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Heroes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 But on a more realistic note, I believe that the real hero, is Jesus. So if I wanted to see what that looked like, we do always have a higher example of such. Of course in a book you would want to consider your protagonist the hero. After all, that’s what protagonists are for.. Just a thought.
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Heroes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 A hero is someone who embraces truth and what’s right, no matter the cost.
but the dictionary tells me that:
1.a person noted for courageous acts or nobility of character:
2.a person who, in the opinion of others, has special achievements, abilities, or personal qualities and is regarded as a role model or ideal: - Load More
