-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@Graciegirl Well of COURSE we all missed you. You did come up with our favorite expression, after all. 😉
And YES to everything you said about The Last Jedi. The Praetorian Guards (yep, that’s what they’re called) and the Force Connection thing… Those two moments were my favorites as well. So much interesting development with Kylo, oh my…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-Snapper WOOT!!! That’s fantastic! *rains glitter from the ceiling**random chair falls**phones get dumped by the bucket-load* Good grief, three books already? Sheesh, kid, you’re making the rest of us look bad. (Namely, me… 😀 )
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 Ah. Ah ha ha. Hmm. Keep in mind that while I do own a long-sword, a short-sword, and a compound bow, I wouldn’t exactly consider myself a master at using any of them. (Particularly the bow, because when one lives in an urban area, there’s no SPACE.) But while I do lack actual EXPERIENCE, I have researched the subject of…[Read more]
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi @daeus!
I’ve noticed the appetite for fantasy. My (current) favorite historical character is Queen Jeanne d’Albret.
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@josiah degreef I am for the most part a full length novel writer. I’ve written some short stories, but I like the longer ones better.
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Mostly clothes. My sisters and I enjoy seeing things in catalogs or on the street and then re-creating them. I’ll admit out front, I’m a bit of a fashion geek.
@radically-surrendered Yay! I love piano. It takes commitment, but it will be worth it.
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello there!
I’m Bella. I am seventeen years old, and love writing! My favorite genre is Historical Fiction, but I like to write non-fiction too. I’m new here, so if I don’t get things right bear with me!
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks! I did notice. I’m thrilled you know who all those authors are too! I think they’re wonderful.
@radically-surrendered I love singing, and am currently learning how to play the piano. How about you?
@notawriter Thanks! I’m happy to be here. I like reading, sewing, crocheting and talking with my mom. But I think writing ranks…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight and
Jenna Terese are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Oh my goodness yes riding horses is pure awesomeness, bliss, and all those other happy words!!! Do you a favorite breed? I really like Quarter horses and especially Thoroughbreds. do you ride western or english?
I haven’t seen a Cavalia show, but I want to sooooo bad! I think they came to my city once, but i missed it….😂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Very cool blog. I love your style.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@GracieGirl HEY! YOU’RE BACK! Yayyy!! Has your life settled down a little? Have you been able to do any writing?
Trust me, we really did miss you (though I haven’t been on here just tons lately so I didn’t suffer from it as much as some people probably did. ;P ). *serious nod* Good to have ya back.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Just a bunch of stick people. Nothing to see here… in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dekreel Those are great. XD
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
The Mysterious Benedict Society trilogy, by Trenton Lee Stewart
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens (though that and the previous might be a little slow if you’re looking for action. But then again, if you’re reading something like Les Mis, you might not mind. 😀 They’re great.)
Mistborn trilogy by…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m glad it’s working out for you! And I think I will have to observe how other people tackle it.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper That’s WONDERFUL! D’ye get to edit it now, or are you working on something else?
Just so you know, the title Sector One is very cool.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight So, I had that exact same question just a week ago.
And I started a blog. I had no idea what I was going to write about, but as soon as I started it, I started finding ideas.
To get a general idea of what bloggers blog about, I’d check out a bunch of blogs. There are some good ones on the page of my blog.
For me, I get the…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus @mnvalentine Thank you!
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm The way I see it, it’s more of a trope than a cliche. What makes it cliche is how you use it I think.
As for cliche’s I have noticed I can only think of the fact that the villain always has fire power. -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Also, question: Should a website focus more on the author and the person behind it or be a site mostly dedicated to the project alone? I’m guessing its more preference, but I’m curious.
- Load More
