-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Welcome! I’m 15 years of age, too. And homeschooled(surprise!) I’m an artsty person too, what kind of crafts do you enjoy? And what music do you like? I’m a huge fan of all things Adam Young and also love the earlier Owl City projects.
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to the forum, @aviantrail ! I’ve always wanted to keep fish. I’m homeschooled as well, though I am only on my first writing project. My myers-briggs is INFJ. I’ve heard of the warrior cats series before and at one point i was going to read it, though I have not.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail My Marvel knowledge is limited to movies too, though I wonder what the comics are like. Yes, Avengers are aaaaawesome! that’s cool that you got to have Cap’s personality!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd How’s it going? I wrote about 300 words which ended up a little bit like what I had originally written, but now I’ve switched to editing another short story. (I get distracted easily.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks! As you probably know by now, I took a look at the doc. It actually helped a lot as an explanation of what I need to fix.
I definitely can’t use your examples – because his voice totally changes in them from my version of his voice. 🙂 But I consider that a good thing because otherwise I’d feel like you had written it in…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Last night I lost about 500 words of a short story when my computer failed. 🙁 For some reason it didn’t even autosave. So now I’m trying to remember what I had written and re-write it.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Hello yourself. What type of world-building?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Okay, I’m here. Maybe now I’ll have the courage to rewrite those 500 words I lost last night.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I need help… my character is too withdrawn in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d I think the first way people learn to make relationships is when someone else forces them out of their shell into a relationship. I know this may seem cliche, but I think the reason it works so well in fiction is because it is like that in real life. I have seen traumatized and withdrawn people who opened up after a lot of patience a…[Read more]
-
Lady Bella started the topic I need help… my character is too withdrawn in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
I just watched some of @daeus ‘s Show Don’t Tell Course, and am realizing that my character is way too withdrawn, broods too much (even though he recently became a Christian), and is making no new relationships with the people around him. However, I’m at a loss on how to change this. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Welcome! I LOOOOOVE Stars Wars and Marvel too? Tell me you’ve seen The Last Jedi!!!!!!!!! Do you have a favorite superhero? I really like Captain America and Hawkeye.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young WEEEEELLLLCOOOME!!!!
Ah, a fellow Christian homeschooler! I like to sing too (when I’m alone, that is) and I absolutely love anything DIY! I like to listen to music too; Audiomachine, the Piano Guys, Ludovico Einaudi, Helen Jane Long, bluegrass, I Am They. What music do you like to listen to?
I have pets too!!! 😍Two adorable guinea…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
oops, messed up your tag @jane-maree
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I just remembered: We have a friend who wrote a really successful series and got it published by a publishing company instead of self-publishing. He says that he has a lot of trouble with that because when he goes to conferences and such to sell his books and do book-signings, he has to actually get permission and buy the books f…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Honestly, I think you did well balancing what Sapphire had done. By no means did I get the feeling that you were thinking it was even kind of okay. Sapphire had guilt and she knew it was wrong (and I appreciate her not abandoning her child btw, which happens), but we’ve all sinned and need forgiveness. So I think this was handled…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi! Here are some more names I’ve come up with which I hope will not wallow in the depths of unrecognized insignificance for the rest of their inky lives.
Girls:
- Vimone
- Tatali
- Roshley
- Ǽnkli
- Rutalie
- Karnie
- Karby
- Saree Jarren
<b>Guys:</b>
- Coleard
- Ellshir
- Jamras
- Anret Poon
- Powon Vicane
- Byrk
- Annert Shyth
- Jarren S…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths ooh, I want to learn how to draw chibis! you can post some of your art too if you want. we’d all love to see it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I actually haven’t seen the movie, but I’m sure if I did I’d like the book better. I have a standard rule which usually is correct, that if the book was written first, it’s better than the movie, and if the movie was made first, it’s better than the book. 🙂 However, once I found out that in the movie Charlotte was voiced by Debbie R…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey @kaya-young! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. Yeah, yeah, @seekjustice, I know you said it first but, *shrugs*
I’m Australian, like @seekjustice, Where in the States are you from, assuming you’re from the States?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey @aviantrail! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! 🙂 Hope you really love it here. How long have you been writing? Where in America are you from?
- Load More
