-
Grace H. replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I guess it’s the wrong time of the day then… 🙁 But I did get some stuff done, so yeah.
-
Jenna Terese and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Grace H. replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, I’m going to try this…
It’s the wee hours of morning for Americans, but is anyone on right now? I’m going to edit – some articles for school, and also a short story I want to try to get on KP 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Ummm, which Joseph? There were two important ones. I’m assuming you mean the one from Genesis, not the one from Matthew and Luke?
Yeah, I would never think of crushing on most of the characters in the Bible, no matter how much I admire them. But for some reason Jonathan really appeals to me as a man, not just a hi…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Scrivener… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
ALSO that is happening 5 AM my time… haha. Doesn’t look like I’ll make it.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Scrivener… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Thanks for letting me know!! The program looks pretty awesome. Money-wise, I’m not sure…
-
Grace H. replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Aw yes Faramir is awesome! 🙂 🙂
So far the only book crushes I remember are Brambleclaw from Warriors (only towards the end of the fourth series) and Jason from Percy Jackson – which is weird because both of them have POVs somewhere in the series. I don’t get that “oh they are so heroic” feeling when I read from their POVs,…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart This would depend on how similar the characters are to one another, and how often they show up. If you have up to 7-10 characters that stay with the reader the entire plot, it shouldn’t be too bad, especially if you give them each distinct names and defining characteristics. As for the rest of the recurring characters, if they…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Getting back to the original topic…Has anyone read The Courtship of Miles Standish? I really loved John Alden in that because the poor guy had to fight it out with himself about whether to help his best friend court the girl that he was actually in love with himself.
I also adore Peter in Not Regina.
And I’ve always wondered: Is it sa…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Oh, I had this same problem with one of my books… 🙂
Since this is a series you are writing, the easiest way to do it without confusing the readers might be to make only a few characters the important ones in each book. If the others are background characters in one book, and then they become important characters in another…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Good question! I have struggled with the exact same thing in my KPA (that’s Kapeefer Adventure, sort of like the LOKD). I guess it depends on the series: How long it is, and when and where your MC(s) are traveling. If you have to put in all your recurring characters, you could either alter the characters so they fit each scene,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Haha! No, I was speaking figuratively. There’s no specific “marriageable age.” 😀
However, my dad is from the Middle Eastern culture, and marriage and grandchildren are very important to him, and to all of us. After all, “children are a blessing.” 🙂 The way we figure it is a guy is “ready” to get married when he has a good job with…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Probably not tomorrow, but I should be available on the weekend
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Sorry, I’m getting a lot of work under my belt (ever think what a weird expression that is), at the moment, but I’ll be writing a bit tomorrow. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel aw, sorry I can’t join you this time (seems like we keep missing each other huh?) do you think you’re gonna be on tomorrow or the weekend?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice @clairec @dragon-snapper @jenwriter17 @aislinn-mollisong
*peeks in* Anyone still here?
-
Joy replied to the topic What's the best book you've read recently? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Good topic idea! Let’s see…. The most recent thing I can think of is Shakespeare’s play, Richard III. I haven’t read Act 5, though, so no spoilers X)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine okay, I like that name 🙂
I really like the title Ticket to Blueberria.
I really like your first lines. Maybe you could do it like this: once there was a boy who loved blueberries. At least, he thought he did. Oliver had never tasted one in his life. That way the MC’s name is established early, and you get to keep that awesome f…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel, 😀
@ariella-newheart, We have a few animals and animal friends on here. @mariposa has a dinosaur, who I’m sure she’d love to introduce you to. 🙂
Speaking of which… @dragon-snapper, with @mariposa ‘s permission, can we have Aberdeen the Authorosarus in the LOKD?
- Load More
