-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-anson Wow! Those names are really cool! I especially like the names Laria and Efren.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@warrenluther04 There are a lot of people here (including myself) who jump at the chance to beta-read. Part of that reason is we all love the chance to read a free story! 🙂
Since I rarely read fantasy and am quite uncomfortable with magic, I might instead just tag people to read your story, but you’ll definitely be able to find several willing…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder There are a couple places where it’s better, but there’s still quite a bit of “head-hopping” going on. Sorry. 🙂 Would you be able to post it in an “edit” link so that I could comment on the places where it changes POV? That would be a lot easier than trying to explain it all here on the forum.
Oh, I just want to say that reading ab…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey, I’m back to reading! I’m reading some David Livingstone’s last journal entries for school
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g No big brothers? Aww. I’ve got three, and my oldest brother is just as protective and caring as Dev! Do you have any siblings at all?
I felt really cheated at the end of the fifth book when we didn’t get the scene where Tully told Mikkel he actually wasn’t marrying Bree. Mikkel must have been so relieved!
I liked the twins pre…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Absolutely. One of my goals is to become published. And I am vigorously trying to get contracted before college.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I’m kinda in between. I want to be an established author, but I’m not crazy about spending most of my time spreading the news about my book (but I know there’s some marketing involved in being an author)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
…Oh, I see why you didn’t tag me. It’s because I said it wasn’t the most important thing to me, and so the second question doesn’t really apply. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye I actually like the lighter side of The Flash – reason for why I don’t like the third season. 😀 But I’ve heard of at least two evil speedsters doing the hand-vibration-murder thing. What I like about The Flash is the swagger of the hero, the closeness of the team, and the jokes and “right is might” message.
I like a lot of the old…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Did I answer wrong? 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g Ohhh, you read The Boy Colonel?!! It’s wonderful! Do you really like Nobody better than Edmund? I don’t know which one I like better, except you get to know Nobody better since he’s the protagonist.
I re-read the Viking Quest series all the time. I feel so sorry for Mikkel when Dev tells him to stay away from Bree. 🙁 Beca…[Read more]
-
Bella B. replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a writer when your little sister starts freaking out you take to much time on the computer not playing video games.
You know you’re a writer when you write (obviously)
You know you’re a writer when you re-read books just to try and find grammar/spelling mistakes (on a dare, of course.)
You know you’re a writer when you obsess a…[Read more]
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Here’s the right one: https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbate/accurate-af-sorting-quiz?utm_term=.maQb1kkDj#.ajxPXmmxK
I’m not sure if you can just click it, but if you can’t then just copy/paste it 🙂
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
YAY!!!! I’m no longer a Bumbling Henchman! I don’t know why I care, but being a Charismatic Reble sounds awesome so… Yay!!!
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ingridrd Wow. I’ve barely been on this site a whole day and my book list has grown to nearly twice it’s size!
I have read a few chapters in Fellowship of the Ring, but that was two years ago. Also, I’ve found that the first few chapters of a book are the most… uninteresting, because it’s the setup. I’ll try Lord of the Rings again soon.
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Well, I know what I’m reading next now.
Sometimes plan it out by writing two or three pages of the start to the end. Other times I plan out approximately what’s going to happen (like what someone might call a spoiler, and I plan plot twists and things,) but don’t plan the end most of the time. I don’t know how others do it though…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m leaving for now, but I think I’ll be on a little later. 🙂
-
Bella B. replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@waterlily I personally writing in third person, giving the character thoughts in italics. I think third person is best because you can describe what they look like, what other things look like, and what something feels like. Other things as well, but in first person, the reader thinks that something looks or feels like something as an op…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel I think my favorite album of his is also This is Not A Test. My sister likes Eye on It most and I still really like that one, but Backseat driver and This is Not a Test itself-are so much fun to dance to (not that I’d know…)
I listen to Hollyn, but I don’t know Switchfoot. I’ll youtube it and look at a few of his songs…[Read more]
- Load More
