@linus-smallprint
Active 1 month ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1293
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
K, Linus, I have a question for you since you’re the guy on here, (though the girl’s can answer if they want)
What would you like to see happen next with Aaron? I’m not talking about Physically as much as emotionally and spiritually. I had a few different ideas in my notes, and his “post-battle” “post-death-scenes” recovery is…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
HA!! It worked!!!
@whalekeeper @keilah-h @linus-smallprint @theshadow
Ok, here’s whoever I didn’t just send.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
hmmmmm, strange. It worked. Then why has it been eating the posts every time I tag people………….
Let’s see if this works.
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it!!
Here are Aaron and Sabina
@whalekeeper @keilah-h @linus-smallprint
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGNLB5MuwA/CfZLSJQSuKkBbOXrIA6HDg/view?utm_content=DAGNLB5Muw…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for understanding. I just feel like all that would be too overwhelming and confusing for me. Ya know. I kinda liked how I had the setup.
Yeah, kinda like a mood board.
Here is Turin y’all!!!
What! NO!!!! PICTURES ARE BROKEN AGAIN!!!!!! ACK!!
Ok, here is a view link…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint yeah I guess I’ll just have to find out lol
It’ll be interesting either way.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok, I have never had anyone say this to me before, and a lot of (very picky) people have read it. I think i might leave it alone, because the majority of my readers are fine with it, and I have also read many books that do this and have never had any complaint with them.
Sorry, I’m not sure extatically sure what this m…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint yeah yours was really cool!
Clone Wars style is kinda how I always draw, because I sort of learned to draw people by making a ton of Clone Wars/Bad Batch fan art.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for the thoughts! I’ll definitely try to work that in.
@linus-smallprint @linus-smallprint
AHHH!!! I forgot to tag people on this new section! I was wondering why no one said anything!!! I’ll just re-post this whole thing.
Ok, here is the next (REALLY LONG!) section! Enjoy!!! I am hoping for LOT’S of fe…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
HEY, THANKS SO MUCH! You know, that’s the first time anyone has ever said that to me.
So far I have no problem besides the ones I already mentioned, and honestly I’ll have to see where you take the story. I would say that right now we all trust Oliver as a very good character, so I would start to bring out more of him being a…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@grcr @linus-smallprint @rae @ellette-giselle ok! I still don’t have my own drawing of the character, but my brother and I will judge each of your drawings on how close they were to our imagining of Feather!
They were all really good and really close to my thoughts. You all got the scar in the right place, too!
- I like the way you did the…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
do it’s an alternate reality. For instance, the Empire is Rome set in the German alps with Germanic people.
Ardenta is a French-Swiss cross in culture and people with more of a French-Scotch lowland setting.
Vendailia is an Anglo Saxon Britton cross.
so yeah, basically takes place in our world if some of the countries were s…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint I don’t know. It’s just that you only talk about Alan and Tyn having a redemptive journey (although I suppose that’s only because they’re the main characters), and Alan literally just arrested a Christian couple for existing, so I thought if Alan becomes a Christian somewhere down the line, how accepting will Oliver be of that,…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Probably should put some tags on this:
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @calyhuge @linus-smallprint @theducktator @esther-c @grcr @lightoverdarkness6 @idk
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Aw, thank you! That really means a lot to hear you say that!
Yes, @linus-smallprint is mean for doing that, (lol), but the cliff hanger wasn’t a huge shock. I kinda started to suspect and I guessed she knew something about his parents the minute she got all weird about his name. I need you to hit me with something harder if you want…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Yeah, I really admire the way you stand up for what you believe. And I think it’s important to actually say what you think, because otherwise it’ll be partially your fault when those around you sin. I remember when I was on the other side of that, and the only thing which brought me back were people who weren’t afraid to call me…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
and here’s some more……
That night, as Aaron lay in bed, he wondered how soon he and the others would be up and on the walls. He dreaded another long night, yet he knew it was necessary to keep the enemy at bay. As his eyes began to close, Aaron whispered softly in the darkness, “Thy will be done Father, Thy w…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
ok, took a second because I opened the doc and found it was covered in edits I forgot to fix yesterday……. sorry.
When Aaron arrived at the great hall, the people turned worried eyes on him. Aaron walked across the bridge that had been constructed from the rubble to the large stone in the middle of the water. He…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint ooh Charles is Alan’s father? Interesting!
Also that’s horrible what they did to Oliver and his brother. (I’m really hoping he doesn’t like betray them or anything. He’s one of my favorite characters so far. Partially because he’s a lizard and I love lizards, and partially because I greatly enjoy his accent lol)
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Right, I wouldn’t want them to get physical before marriage either. I guess I just know guys can have odd thought posses about things like this, and I was trying to make it more realistic. Believe me, it makes me cringe when guys think that way! lol. I can cut that.
- Load More
