@linus-smallprint
Active 1 month ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1293
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint the chapter, what glitch?
@ellette-giselle yeah I get you on not liking the “Children disobey parents, keep secrets, do things the parents say no to, and in the end it all worked out because they were right and the parents were wrong, and there’s NO consequences for all of it” thing. Like, it’s not like parents aren’t wrong s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Yup. Sure is, and the funny thing is, if you told him he was being prideful he’d look at you like you were crazy. He thinks that he’s a failure at the moment, and he’s not realizing that this stems from his pride.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
This is a realistic reaction from Aaron. He sees himself as a failure and has suddenly had more responsibility shoved on to him than he thought he would get. He does not feel ready and hides, lest he bring down others with him.
Yes! And, (spoiler kinda) he’s unintentionally beginning to see himself as Ardenta’s savior which is…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
but she will refuse to read anything I write until I improve my grammar.
Do I know what that’s like or what! lol.
I can’t say to much about this at the moment, but for now, know that this is nec for the story.
Ok…… I trust you.
Maybe.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@keilah-h @theshadow @whalekeeper
k, here’s a new part.
@calyhuge @otherworldlyhistorian @thearcaneaxiom @linus-smallprint
Apologies for tagging y’all. Hope you don’t mind. I’ve started employing the advice y’all gave me, and I wanted to see what you fella’s think before I go any farther with it. Does Aaron still seem like a guy. I mean, would…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
This was great!!!
Suspicion: Alan’s father can control himself because he’s actually one of the Faithful. (Just a thought.)
Oh dear…… man…… I don’t know what to say. I mean, the grammar in there…… well some of it’s a little painful. lolol. I think I’m dso sensitive because I am bad at grammar so I’m always…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Ah, good. I was just about to start breathing down your neck on this. haha.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint wow! That was interesting!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @ellette-giselle
This is a great topic! Maybe instead of just focusing on gender differences, it should extend to different personalities too? I for one would be interested to hear other people’s descriptions of how they process things and react to circumstances (and how it relates to their personality) even if they’re also…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Very good topic right here, I have way more male characters more than female ones and yet emotionally they still act like girls XD
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@rae @theshadow @highscribeofaetherium @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h
btw, how does August 21 sound as a due-date. It’s two weeks from today.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I definitely have difficulty writing guys. They seem like a completely different species and I struggle to get in their heads. Probably because my brothers and their friends are so weird.😂
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@rae @theshadow @highscribeofaetherium @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h
K…….. after a long deliberation….. I think I have decided. I don’t really have any exciting fantasy characters, cause fantasy’s not my thing. I just have boring old normal people. lol. So, my character is:
Prince Friedrich!
He is the lead in…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Awesome! Thanks you! Glad this is coming off realistic.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@rae @theshadow @highscribeofaetherium @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h
Y’all ready for a character?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
AWESOME!
And that is why answering this question is hard.
No kidding!
@keilah-h @theshadow @whalekeeper
Ok, I have the next section, but before I go on I would like some feedback on the beginning stages of Aaron’s reaction to his grief.
That night, men and boys slowly trickled back to the large building. The Imperial…
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint
*Comes back to an interesting conversation*
Okay, I actually have input for this.
Linus:
I hear when girls are upset, you want to just simply talk about it and how you feel. When I rant about my problems, I am not looking for someone to sympathize with me (even if I think I am). I am looking for a solution.…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
This makes no sense to me.
What?!?! *Face-palm. takes deep breath and looks at you. puts on very patient voice* How is this not extremely logical and the ONLY right way of thinking!
lololol.
That was on my mind as I was typing up my response.
Haha! I love that video. (And I may or may not go red every time I see it.)
I…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I would expect Turin to start punching things, but not Aaron.
Exactly. That’s what I was thinking too!
I hear when girls are upset, you want to just simply talk about it and how you feel. When I rant about my problems, I am not looking for someone to sympathize with me (even if I think I am). I am looking for a solution.…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
First off, you guys are like alien creatures. None of these things you listed would be NEAR my response!! I would cry and want to talk to people and be held, and probably bury myself in writing or books if I was responding badly. haha!! I think it’s so funny how differently we think and react.
Yeah, that sounds like a good…[Read more]
- Load More
