@linus-smallprint
Active 1 month ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1293
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Again, the sort of topic that makes me uncomfortable. I think you handle it fine, and don’t say anything more than needed. I just wonder if it is necessary.
That makes you uncomfortable? Just saying a guy wants to give the girl he loves a hug?
I found this greatly funny. Sorry. I probably shouldn’t.
So I think I’m going to k…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
And I’m gonna be the person Keilah referred to……..
The spells. Why do we need to know the images? I mean, spell casting is directly linked to demonic powers. Casting spells is a real thing, (the Bible talks about it) and it’s always linked to demons. It’s not something to be taken lightly or played with. I don’t think…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I’ve done 200 of my 400 words. I’m gonna go ahead and throw half my snowballs.
Let’s see, @grcr 💨⚪ @whalekeeper 💨⚪ @raxforge 💨⚪ @hybridlore 💨⚪ @esther-c 💨⚪ @linus-smallprint 💨⚪ @koshka 💨⚪ @theshadow 💨⚪
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh why! Must it be a hand or foot? And why talons! Can’t you just restrict the movement! This is horrible. If he and Martha do get married, how is he supposed to hug her without slicing her back?!?!?
*feels slightly offended for the 90% of my characters that have talons*
I’M KIDDING I’M KIDDING
I mean, I have a c…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@linus-smallprint Hmm, this was interesting.
How do Alan’s friends feel about this?
Does he realize how guilty he’ll be when he wakes up? I mean, he just dedicated his life to God and swore off magic a few chapters ago.
I’m not sure how I feel about the spells being as descriptive as they are. I had no problem with it, personally, although it…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@hybridlore @linus-smallprint @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @grcr
NEXT SECTION!
The weeks passed, and Joseph lived through them in a blur of joy and excitement. He and Amelia had many wonderful conversations with her parents, and even some between just the two of them. They worked together when they could and enjoyed obs…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Yeah, you could scar his face, or you could have some sort of wicked lightning scar that goes up his back and twists around one or both of his shoulders. Maybe the pain from those scars flares up now and then. *shrug* Plus, that could be a pretty terrible scene when Alan is getting the scars. There’s a tone of potential in it.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
What!?
what kind of childhood did you have never licking cuts? It’s a vital part of being a kid. lol.
Seriously, you could have caught any one of the kids at our church licking cuts after a ball game in the gravel parking-lot.
(cats do it too, btw)
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh why! Must it be a hand or foot? And why talons! Can’t you just restrict the movement! This is horrible. If he and Martha do get married, how is he supposed to hug her without slicing her back?!?!?
Think Linus!!!!
And partly crippling him really does not work, because think of the binds he’ll be in when trying to run or…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Yeah, it is a rough life. I feel like a lot of people will read about Leon and Julian and be like, “oh cool, the messenger missionaries on the run from soldiers” and not really think about what that would be like for NINE YEARS.
I chuckled at this.
so did I. lol.
Ew. Yeah, eat the bread instead.
You’ve never licked…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Ooo, that would be a cool idea.
I had the pro version for a little while as well, but I think both work fine.
I like the look of hand-drawn ones the best, but the ones on there are easier to make and have on hand as I’m writing.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Have you tried using Inkarnet?
I really enjoy using them for my maps after I do the initial sketches.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@hybridlore @linus-smallprint @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @grcr
The next morning, Julian and Leon left to start another journey. They wouldn’t be returning to the capital, so Joseph sent no return letter to Sabina.
Joseph walked with the two former soldiers outside the gates of the town. It was good to be with old friends.…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
(5 more minutes, and then we stop!)
SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!
Of course there’s the whole storks delver babies theory which isn’t true, (but I don’t know any people who still believe that)
but there are so many subtle things that are so, so good!
And the humor is chef’s kiss!
Okay, glad the scene works.…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I love the map!!!
Okay, have fund being a terrible person and making all your readers mad at you.
lol.
It is super frustrating tho. HE WAS ON THE RIGHT TRACK!!
*sobs*
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Alan, must you do something stupid????😩
Just met the second crow, but I’m pausing to call something.
I think it’s his mother.
Maybe.
Ooh, good theory.
Seriously, that gave me the ugh-the-main-character-is-doing-something-stupid sinking feeling in my stomach
Same.
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I think I may struggle with this partially be because my Dad and I are not very emotional and struggle with being sincere, and sometimes can seem stiff. My interactions with him naturally are what I refer to for these scenes, so Alan and Charles have picked it up.
.Ah, I see. I have a very close relationship with my Dad, so I…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@linus-smallprint ah. Makes sense.
By the way, how did native-to-Earth animals get to Ehverwyld? I can see the otherworldly animals like vandergrits and dragons having been there since that world’s creation, but what about the crows and horses, etc.? Did they come through the same portals that humans did, but by sheer accident? were they created…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@loopylin @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @linus-smallprint @ellette-giselle @godlyfantasy12 @rae @raxforge @whoever
I have a fun question! I’ve already figured out my answer for my story, but I asked my friends this question and got so much traction that I wanted to post it here too. I love hearing what different people come up with. My f…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
lol. Poor Joseph. It must have been awful for him.
ah yes. Eric is very proud of himself.
good. Good! I’m so glad this scene works well! “touch down Tulip!!” (Storks if you haven’t scene the movie that quite come from)
I’m surprised there was no comment on the Julian/Joseph conversation.
was it good? Does it fit? - Load More
