@linus-smallprint
Active 1 month ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1293
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Hmm. Okay. I think I can try to throw in one of Joseph before the Sabina one. I really like the feel it has.
Yes. Lol. This is Joseph as a child.
Hmm, Okay. I’ll try to finish it up today, and I’ll sketch out the other options as well so that you can have a look.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks!
Um… I’m not sure. I had in my notes that I needed a drawing with Joseph comforting Eric, but now I have to look through the book and actually find said scene. XD
Two questions:
Do you think the one with Sabina at the grave could be worked in as her memory/recap when she’s in the bedroom, or does it seem out of…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Here is my expertly made pronunciation guide:
That is the BEST pronunciation guide I’ve ever seen! lol
oh, i like it!
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint @ellette-giselle Thanks! I was trying to show how weird it was that the green that I was using was actually orange on the color wheel, lol

I haven’t finished the background yet. And yes, it’s a sheep in wolf’s clothing :]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I LOVE that cover idea!!!!!
I wonder if you can scan that in and then go over it digitally. I bet you could.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
They might. In book 2, some characters will be travelling and will have to hunt for some food. Since deer is off the menu, hares, or other rabbit-like animals, will be a source of food to them.
Ahh, makes sense. Scratch the rabbit idea then.
(This is why we can be glad there are no human-animal hybrids in the real world)
lol yeah…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
*Immediate and instant cringe*
I hate sharing unfinished drawings. *sob*
I have a few more ideas for the Joseph in bed one. In fact, I started the face and arms of the next one, but that’s about it. I am also going to attempt the temple. And I have a Beric standing one in mind….. and one of the boys playing. Not sure if…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
awesome!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint okay, ideas!
- Arctic: This is cliche, but bears (with grizzly, polar, and black variants) would be cool. Or a semi-aquatic, fisherman race of seals.
- Asia: Red pandas, turtles, Asian elephants, or the flying dragon lizard might be cool.
- Oceans: This is gonna be hard if you want your creatures to retain some form of humanity.…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
I’ll help!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
See, I never liked using those manikins. I have one, but for some reason I don’t like them. *shrug*
Here is an example from a sketch I am currently working on
Ah. No, I don’t tend to do that.
I can send a few sketches I started last night. Some are finished while some are still in the outline stage.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint I have a tiny one of those. You’re right, they’re good for basic poses, but mine at least is nowhere near the amount of flexibility for the poses I have my characters in much of the time.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint what regions of the world are you missing?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Your art does look good. I’m a little thrown off because the picture you took of it is a little tilted, but they do look balanced when I tilt my head to match.
thanks! yeah I think I took that picture with my tablet camera, and my tablet is huge so it’s hard to stabilize.
Here is my expertly made pronunciation guide:
lol t…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Having two thumbs and two fingers on each hand has to be a weird feeling.
yeah that must be weird.
Apparently it’s possible though for creatures to have more than one thumb, though.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Bro, the art is super good. You’re dedicated and it clearly shows; well done.
Hold up, get this girl a record deal.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Do you have a plan for the front cover? (Ignore this question if you’re swamped with thoughts for the illustrations XD)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint That’s a good idea; I’ve done the same, but the line is more in my mind than on the paper. I, personally, just imagine whether the creature would be balanced this way.

I’m pretty sure I’ve already posted this one here, but here it is again so I can break it down. Sniper is kinda in a bent pose and facing more towards us with…[Read more]
- Load More
