-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus *sniffs* You forgot to tag me.
But looks like I’m first to the party anyway, so here goes. XDFirst off, I really like it. The only suggestions I have are a few tweaks to the wording.
The first line, I think, would be better as simply ‘Trevor is in a mess. After traveling back in time, he and his sister are now…’ etc. It leaves out…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
-
Daeus started the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Hi KeePers,
I’m trying to nail down the synopsis for my time travel novel Fools In The Darkness. If you have a moment, I’d really appreciate your help. Here’s what I have so far.
Trevor is in a mess after traveling back in time
Not only has he abandoned his friend to die, but he and his sister are now stuck in medieval England where a mad…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@raevynstar Welcome to KP! Where do you live?
Yes, humans. Those are the biggest monsters possible for a good story!
That is a huge truth. Humans will ALWAYS be more interesting to read about than any kind of creature. Whether they’re good or bad. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate @that_writer_girl_99 I’ll be praying for both of y’all.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@that_writer_girl_99 will continue. 😉
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@ingridrd I like your character’s name. 🙂 Do you have a title for your WIP?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@aratrea XD Perfect.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@raevynstar *nods* Totally valid reason. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Rolena-Hatfield that’s awesome! I like the color scheme. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@raevynstar heyyyyyy! I’m an INFP too. 😀 Welcome to KP; so glad to have you here. I’m a poet (of sorts 😛 ) as well. Why do you like poetry?
-
Daeus replied to the topic My Christian book idea needs help forming in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate I’m sure it would. It would be cool to give a bad guy a subplot too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic My Christian book idea needs help forming in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate By sub-plots, I basically mean adding in side characters with their own intertwining stories. I also mean how the main events John Huss experiences affect the many different areas of his life. For instance, you could build a subplot around a book he is writing, or a friendship he has with a small child, or a theological dilemma…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb and
raevynstar are now friends 9 years ago -
Snapper and
raevynstar are now friends 9 years ago -
Daeus replied to the topic My Christian book idea needs help forming in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate That sounds like a great idea. You might want to read the book Trial And Triumph. It’s a novel about John Huss, and I really liked it. I would also highly recommend you read Rora. It’s a real-life story of a Waldensian resistance fighter with added details to bring it to life. It might give you some ideas, especially on how to…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Is My Main Character Well-Developed? in the forum Characters 9 years ago
@raevynstar He sounds good to me. 😀 The one thing I would point out is that sometimes writers will make these types of characters mopey. It’s fine for characters to be sorrowful and introspective, but they must have a strong goal they are pursuing at the same time, or it will be hard to root for them.
@dragon-snapper That’s right. You got it.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate. in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate Welcome to the dark side, Xonos. We have ice cream.
XD
Well, you might’ve guess that this isn’t the dark side. We have too many elves and unicorns for that. But anyway, welcome! Glad to have you!
Cool name, BTW.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@salome01w4g *waddles along, whistling somewhat innocently*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Is My Main Character Well-Developed? in the forum Characters 9 years ago
Oh, and if he has PTSD does he get to have a Labrador follow him everywhere? 😀 😉
- Load More
