-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ok, this is almost freaky. I also did worse than normal today. That, and my word count was 886.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I got 868 words. :/ I’m sure you beat me. What was your word count?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus yup. Till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hahaha… yes, I can see how that would be difficult. 😉 My favorite is probably Bring Him Home. To listen to and to sing— that last note gives me chills. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Assuming you’re writing now, I’m joining in.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yeeeeees. There are few pieces like it. I sing those songs all the time. Stars might be my favorite (at least that I can do). Really, One Day More is my favorite, but though I try to sing it, for some reason the whole tons of parts at once thing just doesn’t work for me. 😉 Ahhhh, now I need to get that music again!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus just recently, and now it’s like my all time favorite stuff. I literally walk around the house singing ‘I dreamed a dream’ and ‘Bring him home’ and ‘Stars’… it is such beautiful music, and the words are gorgeous too, which I don’t find too often these days. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Say, @kate-flournoy, you ever heard the music for that? Les Mis, I mean.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Urgh. @bluejay
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
And if it’s any comfort, it makes me very happy when you cry over my work. Doesn’t that make you feel better?? Hm??? *hysterical laughter*
Actually, it does make me feel better. Because I can imagine how great I’d feel if I wrote something and you cried over it. Like that would ever happen.
That would be pretty great, by the way…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m reading Les Miserables, but that’s not exactly something easily adapted to this kind of club… 😛
Charlotte’s Web. Yes, yes, I know— it’s a kid’s book, but it is a classic and I think there’s lots to be learned from it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy it’s not embarrassing at all. It just means I handled it how it should have been handled. So it’s my fault. 😉
And if it’s any comfort, it makes me very happy when you cry over my work. Doesn’t that make you feel better?? Hm??? *hysterical laughter*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I’ve told you before. It wasn’t just that he died—it was the circumstances and relationship it had to do with. So there. It’s so embarrassing that I cried over a villain. But hey, I guess there are no rules against doing that…it was a really good cry, at any rate. 🙂 Though matters were not helped by the fact that you were…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh boy, look at me being so forgetful. Hey folks, we’ve come to the end of Animal Farm. I hope you’ve enjoyed it. I know I did. It was a style that was different which was unhelpful in some ways, but helpful in others. There’s not much out there like that. I think the best things we learned from it where how to write bold characters and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay that’s awesome! I’m afraid I’ve done that far too often to @Emma-Flournoy. I even managed to make her cry over the death of a villain once, which quite honestly utterly shocked me. 😛 I didn’t think I’d made it THAT heartrending. 😉
And she’s no crybaby either.
It’s so satisfying, isn’t it? To know you have that power. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Congratulations @bluejay. I haven’t done that myself yet.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Gesundheit.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Achoo
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Noooo! You beat me. I need to get higher grade ear plugs or something.
- Load More
